Ipcam split screen / quad
I know this might not be atv specific but since I use an atv I post it here.
My question is the following: I have several IP cams, I can already see the ip cam in xbmc with the playlist trick, but I would like to know if it is possible to view 4 cam in 1 screen ? That would be great! So a quad split screen...

Thx
not possible... and please keep in mind that this is a media center software and not a spy app...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
if ffmpeg 0.8 (multi threaded) gets into xbmc, xbmc can be made ready to support this.
Nope multithreading in ffmpeg has nothing to do with playing back multiple video streams at the same time. Our complete dvdplayer code is designed for playing back one movie at a time...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:not possible... and please keep in mind that this is a media center software and not a spy app...

I know that but i think it is not a bad idea to integrate this, more an more peopel are buying ip cams, not only for security but also to keep an eye on sleeping childeren, Video door entry, ....

I think the futur is to integrate as many things as possible, like home automation too...

Is it technicaly feasble to have split screen?

regards
No clue. I think our dvdplayercode would explode because it isn't designed that way. You better post into the feature request forum. But be warned - it might be that other devs think the same as i. This would mean as long as noone posts us a nice and clean patch for integration - it won't happen that soon.

PS: integrating as much as possible of uneeded features will end in Windows...
i have a problem viewing my ipcam

I'm on RC2 on ATV2

here is my log any idea?

18:11:50 T:261140480 NOTICE: Parsing ASX
18:11:50 T:261140480 ERROR: Unable to parse ASX info Error: Error document empty.
18:11:50 T:261140480 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://192.168.1.200:80/videostream.asf?...oxster1356
18:11:50 T:261140480 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
18:11:50 T:281751552 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
18:11:50 T:281751552 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
18:11:50 T:281751552 ERROR: Open - error probing input format, http://192.168.1.200:80/videostream.asf?...oxster1356
18:11:50 T:281751552 ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
18:11:50 T:281751552 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
18:11:50 T:281751552 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
18:11:50 T:261140480 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [http://192.168.1.200:80/videostream.asf?...xster1356]
18:11:50 T:261140480 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
18:11:50 T:261140480 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
18:11:50 T:261140480 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
18:11:50 T:261140480 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
Memphiz Wrote:PS: integrating as much as possible of uneeded features will end in Windows...

Heh heh - that's funny Laugh XBMC Solitaire anyone? Rofl
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I'd prefer XBMC minesweeper.

@jpcolin
Make sure the url is right, by using it another program such as VLC. If it does work open a new thread in XBMC General Help and Support section or here.
Memphiz Wrote:PS: integrating as much as possible of uneeded features will end in Windows...

That is not what i ment, but home theater, video door entry en babycam as home automation is forme the same group," multimedia home" and should be communicating to interact.

for example: someone is at the door, the movie (xbmc) pauses, the video popups, and you can talk the person and open the gate if needed...

don't you think?

@jschoen
you mean vlc in windows?
i tried already in explorer and i can see the video with this url
I normally try to avoid thinking. Wink

Someone is at the door - xbmc asks
"What do you want todo today:"
"[ ] - shoot him with the home automated gattling"
"[ ] - let siri handle him"
"[ ] - turn on the external monitor so that he can watch the movie with you"
"[ ] - route him to the xbmc of the neighbor and let him decide"
"[x] - move your ass and go look yourself who it is"

Well this is just kidding of course Smile. Such a SciFi like scenario is a nice idea, but it scares me a bit though. And honestly it looks like this is all only one step away from currents XBMC implementation. But its not. This are multiple huge subprojects (just look how long pvr integration lasts - home automation is even more complex imho).

My suggestion:
1. Convince team XBMC that this is the way XBMC wants to go
2. Bring a clean and well thought concept for all this (minimalistic is better then "gimme all features i can think of") - concept not only from the GUI but also how to integrate this into the current source base (and here they mostly go away and rant...)
3. Get someone to work on it or code it yourself and provide patches
I seem to recall a similar post by XBMC_FREAK a few months back with a similar setup to what the OP is looking for. As is said so often ... "search is your friend". His setup was quite extensive (translation: complicated), but he was willing to answer questions via PM at the time.
ok i did try in VLC (windows) and it works.. any idea?
BTW I did a search but did not find anything??

@Memphiz, i like the option let sis handle him ;-)
how can i achieve suggestion 1Huh ;-)
@jpcolin is that a Foscam camera (guessing based of the url)? I have two at home, I'll double check I can get them to work in XBMC this evening when I get home.

In the meantime can you post your full log to pastebin? Maybe there is something more in there that someone else can help out with.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50589

Here is the thread I was referencing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ipcam split screen / quad0