Macroblocking when playing 1080p .ts files
Hello,

Under XBMC Eden RC1 PVR (margro build), I get some macroblocking when playing some 1080p .ts files recorded using ForTheRecord / Argus on the French TV (DVB-T). These files play smoothly using MediaPortal or Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater 5 or MPC-HC.
Switching to "true fullscreen" mode and disabling audio/video sync improved that a bit but I still get these big blocks quite often.
The CPU and RAM do not seem to be at their maximum usage when these blocks appear.
Having read some other posts, I would suspect a DXVA2 or drivers problem. Trying some other playback settings (e.g. software instead of DXVA) made things worse. Do you have any idea on how I can fix this bug?

I have an Intel Core i5 750 processor (4 x 2,66 GHz) on a Gigabyte H55M-USB3 motherboard (Bios 13) with 4 GB RAM and a Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT video card (1024MB DDR3). I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits SP1.

Thanks
I believe I have solved it by switching Deinterlacing from "Auto" to "On" in the video menu.
False hope: I still get some big blocks quite often.
Here is a XBMC Debug log: I watched an HD channel and the macroblocking occured: http://pastebin.com/pSVvgAbg

There are a lot of DXVA decoding warnings. Could it be related to the scraper add-on running in background?

Thanks
I've seen this before and think it's due to our old ffmpeg version. It will be updated soon after Eden.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@spontex- Have you update your driver from here- Download Center? Have you try to playback the file with DXVA2 disable?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Macroblocking when playing 1080p .ts files0