Updated to Eden last night, Harmony doesn't work anymore?
I just updated to Eden through Nito last night, and now the "Menu" button on my Harmony doesn't work, so I'm unable to move up in the folder's. The "Ok" works, so I can start watching, but that's it. Also, the apple remote that came with the ATV2 doesn't do anything (although last night's the only time I've ever tried it). Is this a known problem with an easy fix??
Sounds like something got unpaired. I think you press and hold menu + right arrow to repair a remote, and menu + left arrow to unpair.
Same problem here, except I am using a nightly OpenElec. USB keyboard working fine, but HarmonyOne does nothing at all. I've never had this problem before, and I've never had to pare a remote, but I'll try that. Thanks.
dgm1960 Wrote:Same problem here, except I am using a nightly OpenElec. USB keyboard working fine, but HarmonyOne does nothing at all. I've never had this problem before, and I've never had to pare a remote, but I'll try that. Thanks.

That has nothing to do with iOS...
Well interesting thing is, it was a legit problem when I posted this (I don't know anything about programing, but I'm no technological dunce), but when I got up this morning it was working perfectly fine. The backgrounds also changed (Eden had blue chairs on the main screen, now I'm back to red). I literally did nothing to change this, it just happened. I'm just happy the remotes working again without any user input. Interesting problem, but must have just been a reboot issue?
I've noticed two differences with my remote since the update. My big skip forward doesn't work anymore, it has been remapped to the info button. Also, if I am viewing TV shows and am in a menu where I see the list of current episodes then power off my system then power back on, the contextual menu is triggered. I should be able to figure out what's going on by running a debug while messing with the keymappings, just sorta weird that it happened.
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

So according to my notes and debug log, button IDs 20 and 21 have been swapped. These are the learned IR codes from the ATV and represent Previous Chapter (21) and Next Chapter (20)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)

I've corrected them. They where the wrong way around in the code(i guess it was fixed since b3 or rc1).

See this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/2f11...f01b760d4f

This wouldn't explain the context menu thing imho. But i guess you have a custom keymap and exchanging these 2 keys is the solution then.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Smile 
Memphiz Wrote:I've corrected them. They where the wrong way around in the code(i guess it was fixed since b3 or rc1).

See this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/2f11...f01b760d4f

This wouldn't explain the context menu thing imho. But i guess you have a custom keymap and exchanging these 2 keys is the solution then.

Yeah so I switched them around on my end, I guess if you've fixed them now I'll just switch them around next time I update. Thanks Smile

And yeah I can't figure out the context menu thing. For whatever reason when I power down now (power off on my Harmony one) button ID 8 is triggered. I don't believe this happened before but hopefully it's just something my Harmony has been doing all along and I didn't notice it until now; so when I have some more time I'll have to mess around with my remote to see if I can change the power off sequence. What I find odd though is that button id 8 is specifically being triggered which I haven't mapped to any one individual button, it should only be able to be triggered by holding the menu button on my remote.

no - its fixed since b3 or rc1 ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated to Eden last night, Harmony doesn't work anymore?0