Error installing skins after running XBMC as shell (RC2)
Hi,

Looking for some advice on how to debug this issue.

I have followed the following guide:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ect_Editor

To allow me to boot direct into XBMC. I followed the instructions for the Win7 Group policy edtor as stated, but with one small difeerence - it kicks off a bat file that launches xbmc AND PS3 blumote.

This seemed to work fine - when I start the machine it logs in as a user set up for xbmc and straight away I can use XBMC with my PS3 Remote - Success Big Grin!

I then dropped in my advaned settings file to connect to my library hosted on my nas.. again all seems fine!

However.. When I tried to change the skin (To Aeon Nox) I noticed some issues.

I can never seem to correctly install it (using the standard skin selection under sustem->appearance)
I almost got it there once but the menu appeared to be missing graphics.

Normally the Download gets to 99% and hangs for a while before switching to enabled (wthout the usual pop up asking if I want to switch).

When I try to switch to the skin XBMC hangs for a sec then reverts back to confluence.

I initial thought it was Aeon, but I also tried Rapier and similar happened.

I also got the following from the logs:

Aeon:

Code:
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: 18:17:01 T:1632   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XXXXXXXX\addons\skin.aeon.nox\icon.png
18:17:03 T:1632   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:17:03 T:1632   ERROR: Couldn't load C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XXXXXXXX\addons\skin.aeon.nox\720p\Font.xml
18:17:03 T:1632   ERROR: unable to load:C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XXXXXXXX\addons\skin.aeon.nox\720p\Home.xml, Line 0
                                            Failed to open file
18:17:03 T:1632   ERROR: failed to load home.xml for skin:skin.aeon.nox, fallback to "skin.confluence" skin

And similar with Rapier.

Also I have the following version:
11.0-RC2 Git:20120229-f38655f), Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601

Wasnt sure where to post - I dont think this is a RC2 issue or a skin specific error.. Any advice on how to debug would be appreciated!

Cheers;;
Kenam

Edit - This was a brand new fresh install of windows, library and everything (as I got a new nas and nuked my previous Nas+HTPC box). I had briefly installed beta 3 before going to RC2 (avoiding the RC1 issues).
Not all skins are fully compatible with Eden yet. Is Confluence (the default skin) working okay? Try Transparancy - I know it is good with Eden.

If those work you may have to wait until the other skins you mention are brought up to date.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Aeon Nox is fully Eden11.0 compatible.

Rry installing it directly from the add-on repo again (may need first remove the skin.aeon.nox folder)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the replies - Nox is fully compatiable;

I have also done combinations of direct from addon Repo/ Appearence menu and by removing skin.aeon.nox (From 2 locations in the AppData folder).

I have also reinstalled XBMC.

Before I tried to run it as shell, I had it running under the HTPC Admin account.

I then went on to do the above with a standard user for xbmc. Which I then went on to upgrade to an Admin..

Running out of things to rule out!

I dont think the shell stuff would affect it - as once the machine is running XBMC all should be fine (other than potential permission issues, but as I say I upgraded the xbmc account to admin..)

Stumped! :confused2:

EDIT - Could this be a general multi user on windows issue?
I notice that programs I installed under admin account appear (unlike add ons) - what makes a program (like TV Show Next Aired) different from an add on?

EDIT 2 - Getting late and won't try now.. but.. could I copy the user data (in %appdata%) relating to Aeon Nox from the (working) admin account to the non working xbmc account? Would there be other side affects? Or is this inadvisable?
ok.. couldnt work out the issue but I done the following and seems to be working:

1. Copied all appdata from working admin account
2. Reinstalled XBMC under the xbmc user account (as admin).
3. Tried to install Nox - similar issues before (actually it installed and asked me to switch to the skin, but some menu graphics were missing).
4. Copied the admin Appdata Zip file (cant rem the path will check..) skin.aeonnox.2.0 to the xbmc users appdata.

All seems to be ok.. I have added some basic plugins and hooked up my MySql library settings. Only small issue was that movie posters for existing movies didnt appear, but I think this is a skin issue (as I am rebuilding the library it was no big deal to remove and re add a few movies).

hth someone!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error installing skins after running XBMC as shell (RC2)0