new HTPC help.
hello,

i am looking to build new HTPC, but i want the machine to able to handle 1080p recording from my hauppauge DVR. so if anyone can help me with a build would be great.

thanks
Me too, I finally got tired of hauling the tower out into the living room for Directv rips off the dvr and after months of reading all the excellent advice in this forum I finally ordered some stuff.

Wanting to have something permanent in the media center console that looked good, had remote turn on/off, and didn't sound like a freight train were the priorities.

I went with a Seasonic fanless/silent 400W ATX PSU and a slim Moneual 320 case, comes with a remote and hidden front ports.

I swapped over the Asus AM3 micro atx I had in the tower, its an older mother board with with the Phenom quad core cpu, but it has been handling the hd-pvr well. Ditched the stock AMD cooler for a Scythe low profile heat pipe, just make sure your ram sticks don't interfere with clearance of the low cooler.

The case accepts a normal sized DVD/BluRay player so no expensive mini slot loaders. Also make sure you find a passive cooled video card with half height brackets if you go with a slim case design.

Pick a nice SSD and you'll be all set.
read forum stickies for a good start point

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new HTPC help.0