Not smoth FLAC file reading with xbmc (but smoth on VLC and others platforms)
Hello

I have some FLAC files (5.1 24bit flac files) which are lagging when I play them on my xmbc(installed on a windows htpc).

The same file are playing smothly on various others platforms :

On my Linux laptop with VLC
On my Linux laptop with Rythmbox
On the Windows HTPC with VLC

There is my logfile : http://fpaste.org/bOo0/

I'm using the HDMI output.

Any ideas as to where it could come from?

Thank
Can you post a screenshot to somewhere like ImageShack showing your XBMC Audio Ouput settings
Ok, I'm at work but I'll do that when I am home Smile.

But form mind I can tell :

forced to 2.0 (still waiting on new speaker..)
WASAPI for both option
All decoding capability disabled because I don't need them right now.

But I'll send you a screenshot later !
Grab a screenshot then try setting:

Audio Output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio Output Device: Directsound

If still no good grab a new debug log also.
That seem to do the trick ..

there is the new configuration

The question is .. why ?
In a few week When I will connect my new speakers to my (actually packed) Terratec do you think I will have same kind of problems ?
FLAC files are 5.1 however your drivers are reporting 2 channels only to XBMC, thus the mismatch in channel config was causing the issue. Something is likely wrong at the OS level because AMD HDMI should be capable of 5.1, what GPU is it? What does Supported Formats in Windows show?
The GPU is a AMD Radeon HD 7410M and for the supported format just let me look and post back the results Smile
Im having a similar problem with playback at the moment, also with an AMD card to my Onkyo Theatre Amp via HDMI. XBMC on my laptop is fine, as is playing back files in VLC etc. Changed my settings to 2.0 and it made no difference Sad
Just fixed my issue! Check under "Playback Devices" on the taskbar from the sound options and then right click properties on your AMD HDMI output. On the supported formats tab whats your max channel showing? Mine was showing 2 for some reason, just did an ATI update and resolved Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not smoth FLAC file reading with xbmc (but smoth on VLC and others platforms)0