HD Audio
It finally works! I uninstalled the nVidia driver and reinstalled and now I am getting TrueHD and DTS Master HD sound! Does the team plan on making this HD version of XBMC the main file?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
patseguin Wrote:It finally works! I uninstalled the nVidia driver and reinstalled and now I am getting TrueHD and DTS Master HD sound! Does the team plan on making this HD version of XBMC the main file?
Good job, and I'm glad that it is finally working!

As far as HD audio include in the next XBMC 11.1, it looks very promising this time around. Let cross our fingers! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Very nice, I had a whole most and this multi touch mouse wiped it all out. :-)

To sum it up, I was testing with 300 and I think I must have ripped it wrong because many of my movies were showing TrueHD and DTSHD. Also, was that HD version of RC2 a private thing because I 100% want it when Eden comes out!!!

Oh, and THANK YOU BLURAY!!
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
patseguin Wrote:Very nice, I had a whole most and this multi touch mouse wiped it all out. :-)

To sum it up, I was testing with 300 and I think I must have ripped it wrong because many of my movies were showing TrueHD and DTSHD.
If you want to know what is in it, you can MediaInfo to verify it.

patseguin Wrote:Also, was that HD version of RC2 a private thing because I 100% want it when Eden comes out!!!

Oh, and THANK YOU BLURAY!!
For now, there is no HD audio in any XBMC beta or release version.

I'm glad that I can help!
Well what was that version that one of the team members linked to me? Was that just someone's 3rd party work at it? That's all I ever want to use and team XBMC should incorporate it, imho anyways. :-)

I will MediaInfo 300. It was one of my first rips and I might not have gotten then TrueHD out of it.
bluray Wrote:You have a powerful GPU there. Here are some tips-

1. Make sure that your HD7970 driver is up to date, and you download it from here- Graphics Drivers & Software

2. Make sure that you connect your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables. Does your AVR supports DTS-HD/TrueHD?

3. Select AMD HDMI audio output in W7 control panel

You should see the options afterward...

1. Drivers were up to date until now as new ones out yesterday during my working day, will try those.

2. Cable all connected that way as normal.

3. Been doing this but will report any change with new drivers.
patseguin Wrote:Well what was that version that one of the team members linked to me? Was that just someone's 3rd party work at it?
It is sort of the version that new developer members threw it out there to test the water. So far, it works very well for most users. From what I heard, some developers are trying to push it into the 11.1 version. It's not concrete plan though. It's not new to me. I have been using XBMC HD audio with Dharma since last July, and I'm still using it in one of my HTPC. As I said, let keep our fingers cross and hope for the best! Smile
amp is a yamaha htr3063 http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-vis...mode=model

which seems to say it does DTS digital surround and Dolby digital and pro logic 2 as well.
we were soldiers surround effects is great but star trek 2009 hd is ok but no where near the effects of we were soldiers, maybe its the movies that are so different causing poorer quality sound? but how can a non hd film be better audio than a hd blu ray?

Tried with power dvd 12 for results not just xbmc, even tried star wars 1977 but was disappointed with surround effects even though its dolby digital.
On the amp it says dolby digital or depending on settings pcm.
mmm fast 5 and power dvd gives dts on amp display
I would love to get this to work; but, so far I'm having no such luck.

I have an AMD A8-3850 APU which includes a Radeon HD 6550D attached via HDMI to a Sony STR-DH810 AVR. I'm running 64Windows7SP1 and version 12.2 of Catalyst CC. I followed bluray's link in his blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd thread, and, installed the Realtek Driver and ATI HDMI Device file and I've tried both DD and bluray's version of XBMC+HD Audio.

I have both DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD listed as supported formats and my sound properties are identical to bluray's screenshot in post #3 of this thread. Within xbmc, my video and audio settings are set according to bluray's instructions.

Having said all that, when trying to play blu-ray rips to MKVs and M2TS files with DTS-HD, xbmc reports the audio failed to initialize and there is no sound; when trying to play blu-ray rips to MP4 and M2TS files with TrueHD AC-3, the AVR reports LPCM and the sound pops and crackles.
HeGetsIt Wrote:I would love to get this to work; but, so far I'm having no such luck.

I have an AMD A8-3850 APU which includes a Radeon HD 6550D attached via HDMI to a Sony STR-DH810 AVR. I'm running 64Windows7SP1 and version 12.2 of Catalyst CC. I followed bluray's link in his blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd thread, and, installed the Realtek Driver and ATI HDMI Device file and I've tried both DD and bluray's version of XBMC+HD Audio.

I have both DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD listed as supported formats and my sound properties are identical to bluray's screenshot in post #3 of this thread. Within xbmc, my video and audio settings are set according to bluray's instructions.

Having said all that, when trying to play blu-ray rips to MKVs and M2TS files with DTS-HD, xbmc reports the audio failed to initialize and there is no sound; when trying to play blu-ray rips to MP4 and M2TS files with TrueHD AC-3, the AVR reports LPCM and the sound pops and crackles.
Hey, sorry to read your troubles. It seems that something might be corrupted. You can try suggestions below:

1. Make sure that you install your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables
2. Un-install both Realtek and AMD drivers
3. Re-install AMD drivers
4. Select AMD HDMI HD audio output in W7 control panel
5. Setup XBMC as shown below

All I know is I want to send a personal donation to my hero who made the HD Audio XBMC. He completes me. :-)
patseguin Wrote:All I know is I want to send a personal donation to my hero who made the HD Audio XBMC. He completes me. :-)

That would be a she. Laugh The patch was done by new team member DanielaE.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
bluray Wrote:Hey, sorry to read your troubles. It seems that something might be corrupted. You can try suggestions below:

Thanks for your suggestion. Luckily, prior to making any changes to move to the XBMC + HD Audio version, I created a restore point; and, upon reading your post @ something being corrupted and moving back to the AMD drivers, I preformed a restore.

And... Presto! Beautiful HD Audio from XBMC! What a great patch! Been wanting this ever since installing xbmc.

Thanks for your instruction Bluray and for your hard work DanielaE.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio0