HD Audio
patseguin Wrote:Whats that hd audio version of xbmc that one of the devs linked to me? Thats the first ive heard any mention of that.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
ArieS Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877
As I mentioned, it is not going to do him any good with un-supported hardware!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
patseguin Wrote:Missed your post bluray. Yeah i did do the auto calibration. I suppose the speakers could be set to cut off. Would that be a receiver setting or maybe something on the wireless receiver?
I'm not familiar with your wireless speaker. You might want to refer to the speaker manual or their website for info....
Atomic7431 Wrote:I have a sapphire 7970 and dont see the hd audio options you have ?

Dts audio and dolby digital is all i have in there?
You have a powerful GPU there. Here are some tips-

1. Make sure that your HD7970 driver is up to date, and you download it from here- Graphics Drivers & Software

2. Make sure that you connect your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables. Does your AVR supports DTS-HD/TrueHD?
3. Select AMD HDMI audio output in W7 control panel

You should see the options afterward...
Well, I installed my tower with FX8150 and 990FX chipset and gtx430 video card. I also installed the realtek drivers. The default udio shows my VSX-53 as my output device and it supports every single HD audio format. When I look at the spec sheet, there are only 3 supported formats listed, none of which are HD. I alos looked at the Realtek driver and the same thing. Do I need to install the codec before I see those formats listed? The instructions listed are vague as all they show are screenshots of windows. I am experimenting with MCE and MB and all my media plays as "PCM" and XBMC plays Dolby Digital. Do I need to get a different video card in order to support HD audio? I'm almost at the pont of giving up and just using what I have. It just seems a shame to spend $1200+ on a HD receiver only t not get HD audio.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
So I've been playing around and no HD audio codecs are displayed in my nVidia audio properties. I guess I need a new video card? I also tried my mother board's high definiteion Realtek audio and it doesn't display any HD audio either.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
patseguin Wrote:gtx430 video card. I also installed the realtek drivers. The default udio shows my VSX-53 as my output device and it supports every single HD audio format. When I look at the spec sheet, there are only 3 supported formats listed, none of which are HD.
First of all, you have a very powerful Elite AVR there. GT430+VSX-53 should allow you to bitstreaming all audio. Here are some tips-

1. Connects your system this way: GT430 HDMI output-->VSX-53 HDMI input and VSX-53 HDMI output-->HDTV HDMI input with two HDMI cables.
2. Download the latest GT430 driver from here- Download Driver
3. Select "Nvidia HD Audio" in W7 control panel>all control panel items>sound>playback
4. You will see audio formats in W7 control panel>all control panel items>sound>playback>properties>supported formats

If you want to setup External Player or XBMC for bitstreaming, you can check the instruction in my signature!
patseguin Wrote:Well, I installed my tower with FX8150 and 990FX chipset and gtx430 video card. I also installed the realtek drivers. The default udio shows my VSX-53 as my output device and it supports every single HD audio format. When I look at the spec sheet, there are only 3 supported formats listed, none of which are HD. I alos looked at the Realtek driver and the same thing. Do I need to install the codec before I see those formats listed? The instructions listed are vague as all they show are screenshots of windows. I am experimenting with MCE and MB and all my media plays as "PCM" and XBMC plays Dolby Digital. Do I need to get a different video card in order to support HD audio? I'm almost at the pont of giving up and just using what I have. It just seems a shame to spend $1200+ on a HD receiver only t not get HD audio.

I could be way off base here, but get rid of the Realtek drivers. Just install the Nvidia drivers. The Realtek drivers are probably screwing things up. I have a GT430 with a Pioneer 1120, not near the AVR as yours and bit streaming works great.

I am actually using pretty old Nvidia drivers (approx a year old), as they seem to work best with my 3d setup.
fyrfyter71 Wrote:The Realtek drivers are probably screwing things up.
If it is downloaded from here "High Definition Audio Codecs", it should be very reliable. I left it in my PC's, and it never hurt anything. Some users couldn't get HD audio to work with GPU driver, and they got it to work with Realtek HD.

Just follow my suggestions in post #22, and we'll see how it turn out!
Thanks guys, here;s what I did. I downloaded and installed the nVidia 430 drivers. I got errors and it didn;t install the the audio and a few other other things. I ran it again and it install audio but still not a few other things. No clue why why. The control panel does indeed now show all the HD audio formats. However, MCE with MB doesn't display PCM anymore but Dolby Digital. I also installed that XBMC-HD Audio and it also just shows Dolby Digital. Do I still need to install all the codecs and configure an external player in XBMC in order to get it to work. It's not enough that XBMC works great, I want my HD audio, lol.
patseguin Wrote:Thanks guys, here;s what I did. I downloaded and installed the nVidia 430 drivers. I got errors and it didn;t install the the audio and a few other other things. I ran it again and it install audio but still not a few other things. No clue why why. The control panel does indeed now show all the HD audio formats. However, MCE with MB doesn't display PCM anymore but Dolby Digital. I also installed that XBMC-HD Audio and it also just shows Dolby Digital. Do I still need to install all the codecs and configure an external player in XBMC in order to get it to work. It's not enough that XBMC works great, I want my HD audio, lol.
I'm recommending to completely un-install the Nvidia driver and re-install it. It must be corrupted from the previous installation. Here is how you can un-install Nvidia driver completely- "How do I uninstall my NVIDIA display drivers?". If it installed properly, there shouldn't be any error.

If you want to enjoy all the original blu-ray disc menus, chapters, previews, bitstreaming DTS-HD/TrueHD audio, etc, you can setup XBMC External Player. If you don't care about blu-ray disc menus, chapter, etc, you can install XBMC HD Audio. You can find guides in my signature!

If after you did all the above and you still cannot bitstreaming, you might want to install Realtek HD codecs from the link I provided above!
OK so theoretically if I uninstall the nVidia drivers and reinstall and use XBMC-HD Audio, I should be able to get TrueHD without anything else like extra codecs or anything else?

EDIT: Also, I take it my Zotax ID41 won't support HD Audio even if I install the latest ION drivers? Do any of the Zotac's support HD audio? Assuming I get my tower working well, I'm not sure I want a huge tower next ti my TV although all the red lights do look cool. ;-) Plus the fan noise is a little loud.
patseguin Wrote:OK so theoretically if I uninstall the nVidia drivers and reinstall and use XBMC-HD Audio, I should be able to get TrueHD without anything else like extra codecs or anything else?.
It should! If it is not, you can try the Realtek HD audio codecs.

patseguin Wrote:EDIT: Also, I take it my Zotax ID41 won't support HD Audio even if I install the latest ION drivers? Do any of the Zotac's support HD audio? Assuming I get my tower working well, I'm not sure I want a huge tower next ti my TV although all the red lights do look cool. ;-) Plus the fan noise is a little loud.
No! Their ZBOX AD04 with E-450+HD6320 should be able to bitstream DTS-HD/TrueHD......
Boy a little more research might have gone a long way. No I told you so's. ;-)
patseguin Wrote:Boy a little more research might have gone a long way. No I told you so's. ;-)
This is why I keep telling everyone to make a list on paper of what they are trying to achieve, and then read the spec of the product carefully before they buy it....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio0