A wiki page for every supplemental tool
Information 
I've started to make little "stub" pages for the popular supplemental tools for XBMC on the XBMC Wiki.

wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Category:Supplemental_tools

Eventually they'll also be in nice lists with descriptions, so you don't have to keep clicking on each one to find out what it does.

What's the point of these pages? Well, basically, they're a way to consolidate useful links and information related to XBMC and these tools. They can also be used to point to the currently active thread about the tools (for example, CouchPotato ). It doesn't have to be anything fancy; it can literally be just a brief description and a list of links, like a community bookmark page.

However, it can also be much more if people wish, like documentation, how-to guides, embedded youtube videos, developer information, etc. Think of it the same way some of our Wiki add-on pages look: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (I'm thinking we'll make an infobox for Supplemental tools as well, like the ones you see for add-ons).

Here's a great example for the Official Android Remote, complete with an info box and an FAQ sub-page: Official XBMC Remote

And we want a page for every XBMC supplemental tool! Including the smartphone/tablet remotes!

If anyone is interested in helping out, just make an account on the wiki and have at it. Anyone can edit. The wiki formatting is very easy to understand, and if you need any help you can PM me at any time. We also have a basic help page here.

For these pages, please keep it XBMC related. Feel free to ask if you are unsure if you should make a page, but don't be afraid to make mistakes! No one will get mad or be punished for mistakes on the wiki. All edits are saved and we can roll back if there are mistakes. Be bold!

Questions? Comments? Ideas? Feel free to reply here or PM me directly.
Sounds great Smile

Just a small question about the sub categories.

Shouldn't some more be created and validated by the staff to order things a little ?

A simple example Yatse 2 is a remote but not for phone or tablets.

The main categories are at least :
- Remotes
- Library editing tools
- Download helpers
- Web interface

Those (perhaps with better naming ) covers 90% of the tools here and would make users browsing and finding tools easier.
I like it! Will create those categories and maybe a few others.
Seems account needs also a bunch of edits before adding pages.

If you can activate my account : Tolriq.

Thanks
Done
and bossanova808 please
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
bossanova808 Wrote:and bossanova808 please

Have you tried it yet? The wiki should have automatically granted you page creation already. Your account is more than three days old and has made more than five edits, which is all that is required to trigger "autoconfirmed". If it still won't let you create pages then let me know and I'll push it through manually.
Thanks, I've added my 2 tools on the Wiki.
Due to the low level of spam, I'm trying out enabling page creation for brand new accounts, so anyone should be able to now make a page just by making an account.
Did I mention you can embed youtube videos? Use the tag

{{youtube|URLID}}

where URLID is the ID in the youtube url. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcogPuSo-DU

becomes

{{youtube|NcogPuSo-DU}}

You an also make screenshot galleries. See the wiki code (press edit) on http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Aeon_Nox for an example on how to do both galleries and youtube tags.
Pardon Me Gentlemen if I am posting in the wrong thread.. But I am a Very Big Fan of XBMC and it's tools including Ember Media Manager. EMM is great although it is still a work in progress..but outside of XBMC I have always wanted easy to use software for TV & Movie Information and recently found these:

Free TVDB & Free MovieDB which perform number of the tasks performed by other media managers very easily and also quite fast. Did not note the name of the author but this guy definitely programs nice stuff

Check it out: My Portable Software -> http://www.myportablesoftware.com/ 4/5 Stars - Good Stuff!

(PS - Maybe Ned S. can list these in Supplemental Tools?) - Kind Regards To All... Portmerchant
Hey Ned,

I see lots of Android + iPhone remotes and apps, and not really much in the way of Windows Phone 7 (probably because of the low numbers of WP7 out in the wild). I am an avid fan of XBMC (proof: I still run 2 modded XBOXs) and put together a WP7 metro app (XBMC Maestro) for all things music from XBMC. Was wondering if you could create a page (I don't seem to have access to create pages) and I could put it up there?

Thanks,
Darrin
Hi Ned,

Nice effort! I put up a page for my XBMC remote for iPad, currently just a kind of bookmark page with a couple of links pointing to the forum and its website, but I'll take some time in the future to move the information from the forum onto the wiki, and link to the wiki from the forum post; I like the idea of the wiki to be a central overview of supplemental tools, because in the forums it's sometimes hard to find what you are looking for.

Thanks!
(2012-06-08, 17:36)PeterGriffin69 Wrote: Hey Ned,

I see lots of Android + iPhone remotes and apps, and not really much in the way of Windows Phone 7 (probably because of the low numbers of WP7 out in the wild). I am an avid fan of XBMC (proof: I still run 2 modded XBOXs) and put together a WP7 metro app (XBMC Maestro) for all things music from XBMC. Was wondering if you could create a page (I don't seem to have access to create pages) and I could put it up there?

Thanks,
Darrin

Were you ever able to get your account going? The only thing you might need to do is activate the confirm e-mail link.
(2012-06-12, 21:14)gertjanzwartjes Wrote: Hi Ned,

Nice effort! I put up a page for my XBMC remote for iPad, currently just a kind of bookmark page with a couple of links pointing to the forum and its website, but I'll take some time in the future to move the information from the forum onto the wiki, and link to the wiki from the forum post; I like the idea of the wiki to be a central overview of supplemental tools, because in the forums it's sometimes hard to find what you are looking for.

Thanks!

Looks great! Feel free to expand it with whatever you feel like adding.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A wiki page for every supplemental tool4