A Wiki page for every Skin, including from 3rd party repos!
Exclamation 
Every Skin in our official XBMC.org repo automatically generates a basic page on the XBMC Wiki: wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Category:Skins

What's the point of these pages? Well, basically, they're a way to consolidate useful links and information related to these skins, as well as provide an internal link for Wiki how-to's, etc. They can also be used to point to the currently active thread about the tools (for example, Aeon Nox ). It doesn't have to be anything fancy; it can literally be just a brief description and a list of links, like a community bookmark page.

However, it can also be much more if people wish, like screenshots, documentation, how-to guides, embedded youtube videos, developer information, FAQs, etc. Take a look at these non-skin examples for add-on pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Here's some skin examples: 1, 2, 3

And we want a page for every skin! Including those not in the official repo!

Including skins not in the official repo is easy. Just follow the examples here, here, and here. Click "EDIT" on any page to see how they are made. Info for the {{Addon}} template is normally taken from the addon.xml file.

If anyone is interested in helping out, just make an account on the wiki and have at it. Anyone can edit. The wiki formatting is very easy to understand, and if you need any help you can PM me at any time. We also have a basic help page here.

Feel free to ask if you are unsure if you should make a page, but don't be afraid to make mistakes! No one will get mad or be punished for mistakes on the wiki. All edits are saved and we can roll back if there are mistakes. Be bold!

Questions? Comments? Ideas? Feel free to reply here or PM me directly.
Also, when you use Template:Skin features on a page just for a skin, then you can use that on Comparison of skin features. Just replace the manual entry with

Code:
{{#lst:Add-on:NAME OF SKIN|Skin features}}

and then it will be updated in both places with one edit.

If you press edit on the page you'll see examples of how it's done.

Also looking for any ideas/input on how to better display the skin features box on the skin pages. Maybe as a grid, or in the infobox, or as a series of logos.
Due to the low level of spam, I'm trying out enabling page creation for brand new accounts, so anyone should be able to now make a page just by making an account.
Did I mention you can embed youtube videos? Use the tag

{{youtube|URLID}}

where URLID is the ID in the youtube url. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcogPuSo-DU

becomes

{{youtube|NcogPuSo-DU}}

You an also make screenshot galleries. See the wiki code (press edit) on http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Aeon_Nox for an example on how to do both galleries and youtube tags.
Updated list of Helix compatible skins: http://kodi.wiki/view/Comparison_of_skin_features
Updated list of skins with touch support (yes/no/partial for each Helix and Gotham skin)
Created Helix addon category
Updated the wiki to include a compatibility grid. Added Isengard skins.

Still a WIP: http://kodi.wiki/view/Skin_features_compatibility_list
Does this stuff still work or have there been fundamental changes since 2012? All the skin comparison tables seem to be auto-generated (nothing appears on the source). No idea how to get a new skin into the tables, the #lst: thing doesn't seem to be relevant anymore. Am I missing something?
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
The skin needs to have a wiki page with the correct categories. (just copy them from another skin). Similar to this... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Aeon_Nox

On that page is required the following code...

xml:
{{Skin features
| custom home items = {{yes}}
| custom submenu items = {{yes}}
| Media flags = {{yes}}
| TV show logo = {{yes}}
| TV logo downloader = {{yes}}
| Artwork downloader = {{yes}}
| Clear Art = {{yes}}
| cdArt = {{yes}}
| Extra fanart (Movies) = {{yes}}
| Extra fanart (TV shows) = {{yes}}
| Extra fanart (Music) = {{yes}}
| Season fanart = {{yes}}
| Weather fanart = {{yes}}
| Live TV = {{yes}}
| Next Aired = {{yes}}
| TvTunes = {{yes}}
| Advanced Launcher = {{yes}}
| Watchlist = {{yes}}
| MovieSets = {{yes}}
| Metadata Actors = {{yes}}
| Random And Last Items = {{yes}}
| Touch = {{no}}
}}

{{Compat
| Works with Atlantis = {{no}}
| Works with Babylon = {{no}}
| Works with Camelot = {{no}}
| Works with Dharma = {{yes}}
| Works with Eden = {{yes}}
| Works with Frodo = {{no}}
| Works with Gotham = {{yes}}
| Works with Helix = {{yes}}
| Works with Isengard = {{yes}}
| Works with Jarvis = {{yes}}
| Works with Krypton = {{yes}}
| Works with Leia = {{yes}}
}}
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That's essentially what I did. (Mousetuary)

How often does Skin features compatibility list get updated? No hurry, if that's all I need to do.
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
after a bit of trail and error from our side, we managed to fix it.
the url of the page you'd created was not entirely valid.

you can find your skin page here now: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Mousetuary
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks, my bad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Wiki page for every Skin, including from 3rd party repos!1