Chase Play for PVR?
Question 
Hello,

I'm new to xbmc and I'm not sure if I missed something in the setup of the PVR. Is it possible to start watching from the beginning of the show that you've been recording while it is still recording?

On a side note, I'm noticing that only within xbmc do I have a problem watching the TV stream even when I'm not recording. It's like the video speeds up momentarily, giving the video a jerky appearance. I guess I could call it "stuttering", but it's a bit too smooth to call it that.

I see a lot of hit on stuttering, and it sounds like a bug in the PVR (since MediaPortal plays back quite smoothly, even while recording). Is this the general concensus?

Thanks!
Smile 
Actually it looks like it takes a number of minutes for the recording to show up under the Recordings list. Once it showed up I was able to chase play.

I would still appreciate any comment on the video jerkiness issue though.

Thanks!
we don't support timeshift yet.

the stuttering you're seeing is normal, until the audio and video are in sync.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Question 
Thanks for the quick reply. Regarding the jerkiness, it seems like the audio and video never do sync then as it seems to persist. Lip sync seems fine, however, so I'm guessing that they keep falling out of sync.

My timeshifting and recording folders are set to my SSD, so I doubt it has anything to do with data congestion.

Are there any settings I should check under Windows or MediaPortal to help the audio and video stay locked in sync?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chase Play for PVR?0