• 16(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
(2012-04-25, 17:01)Martijn Wrote: To be clear. Those will still be nightlies and not official releases each month.

Yep, dot releases. There's a huge amount of work that goes into "official" releases like 10.0 Dharma, 11.0 Eden, etc - these are 11.5, 11.6 etc

The intent is to have more frequent inclusions of major work, meaning shorter cycles for inclusions and testing so things can be rolled in faster (like the ffmpeg version bump or AE) without waiting for a major release and the long debug cycles.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
If we have a build to play with I am more than willing to test it, just hoping for no Schema changes in the DB that would prevent my system that doesn't need AE at this time to be moved to an AE build.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
@pyrodex - build will be based on latest master (post-Eden), and uses myVideos61.db and myMusic20.db
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Ok so I will have to move my 2nd htpc to AE since I use a shared mysql db. Thanks for the tidbit!
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
An option is to use portable mode (add -p after the command line in the shortcut) as it will create local databases and not mess with your main ones. Then simply add test files to the locally created library Smile
Damian, I don't want to be a pain in the neck, but do you think the 'dts-master-pioneer-switching' bug can be fixed?

Or do do you recommend to switch to a different amp?

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
Chris - definitely don't buy another amp! Tongue

It's our issue to fix (although we're blind without you guys testing). I very much hope that this new build going up fixes it - we've found logical explainations and fixed them, but just can't guarentee yet without blessings from those of you who are experiencing it.

Fingers crossed!
Thanks. At least there's hope.

:-)

Chris
(2012-04-25, 20:11)DDDamian Wrote: An option is to use portable mode (add -p after the command line in the shortcut) as it will create local databases and not mess with your main ones. Then simply add test files to the locally created library Smile

With mySQL they will be copied to a new DB so worse case I can roll back to the other version. Just more worried about ensuring shared data such as playback/stop/start/pause info is store across both units.
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
(2012-04-25, 08:32)DDDamian Wrote: So check in late tomorrow (North American time) and the latest work with further comments will be uploaded.
Cheers,
Damian

Can't wait !! Will test it thoroughly again.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
Okay folks - new build is up and available here, and on github here. Latest build is XBMC-AE-20120425.exe

After much work on both ends, we're now completely up-to-date with master or pre-Frodo, and this version includes the latest as of today, including the ffmpeg version bump. See a few posts back if you need to check library (database) versions.

We've also merged gnif and my branches, and some of the gui tweaks from my branch on the Audio Output settings page are not included in this version, but are active in AdvancedSettings.xml per post #2. We're still sorting out how best to handle GUI options for AE, especially in light of new code for Windows and Linux which enumerates all your audio devices and captures their capabilities. We intend to make more use of this feature - for now you can see the results in your logs.

I've tested the build on three machines and ran every music and video format I can get my hands on through it, including the samples of troublesome DTS linked in this thread - all played great on two Win7 machines and one Vista machine, two with HDMI and one with SPDIF.

Known Issues:

- I experience a short click or glitch moving from one song to the next - being investigated
- I had a crash playing a DTS 96/24 iso file (Peter Gabriel - Play the Videos). It hung on the menus at the start - if I resume playback past the menus the DTS 96/24 soundtrack plays fine, so I think this is a menu issue in XBMC, not an audio issue with AE, but it needs more investigation at this point. If someone can test other DVD iso's that would be great.
- DTS-wav is still not supported in this release

The fix list is too long to mention - you can check our github pages for the complete list of commits if you are interested. Many issues were found and fixed, including DTS 14bit and big-endian formats, and some of these fixes may have an impact for those who experience the DTS-MA issue with the receiver flickering as the stream fails to lock on. Hoping that's the case Smile

Enjoy.

PS - As mentioned, AE has now been submitted for review and dev testing, so we're mostly looking at bug-fixes and addressing Team comments for the next couple of weeks, as opposed to features.

PPS - Note that the advancedsettings tag for the audio buffer duration has been changed to <audiosinkbufferdurationmsec> for clarity. If you have a previous tag it is ignored, but if you use a buffer setting other than the default (and minimum) 50ms please change this tag in your xml file. See post #2.
Hi Damian,

just did a quick test with the new build. Unfortunately, the Pioneer bug is still there.

When I try to play a dts-master file in first instance I get no sound and no switching, but also very choppy video. When I then switch to the DD track, video playback gets back to normal with DD sound playing fine. When I then switch back to dts-master, video stays fluid but again no sound an then also the switching / flickering of the pionner's display kicks in.

Let me know if you need a log.

Chris
Damn. It's almost needle in a haystack here. I did see the post about copying code from Daniela's patch, but basically hers was a copy of AE's parsing code, and the program structure and buffering is completely different to the stock XBMC audio system she's used.

Many thanks for testing - we'll keep hunting. The log won't really show anything useful in this case.
Hi,
just a quick update. I just tried the new build with a DD true HD file and a DTS HD-MA file. Both were not working. The Receiver Switches from AllCh-Stereo and HDMI logo to blinking HDMI logo and no Sound mode for 2 seconds, than it Switches to AllChannelStereo and Analog logo instead of HDMI.

Here is a debug log: http://pastebin.com/gt7jWqmL
I used exclusive mode in the log but it's the same without.

Another thing i noticed: When i start one of the Clips the framerate goes down to 4fps for 5-10 seconds where the movie flickers. After that the movie Plays fine but without sound. I selected WASAPI: HDMI in both Settings and enabled all the capabilities.

Hardware: 2Gb RAM, Intel Core2Duo 2x2,13 GHz NVidia integrated GF9300 Chip.

And: At least the DTS clip plays longer than it is. Just stays at the last picture and counts on...
(2012-04-26, 12:52)Hasu0bs Wrote: Hi,
just a quick update. I just tried the new build with a DD true HD file and a DTS HD-MA file. Both were not working. The Receiver Switches from AllCh-Stereo and HDMI logo to blinking HDMI logo and no Sound mode for 2 seconds, than it Switches to AllChannelStereo and Analog logo instead of HDMI.

Here is a debug log: http://pastebin.com/gt7jWqmL
I used exclusive mode in the log but it's the same without.

Another thing i noticed: When i start one of the Clips the framerate goes down to 4fps for 5-10 seconds where the movie flickers. After that the movie Plays fine but without sound. I selected WASAPI: HDMI in both Settings and enabled all the capabilities.

Hardware: 2Gb RAM, Intel Core2Duo 2x2,13 GHz NVidia integrated GF9300 Chip.

And: At least the DTS clip plays longer than it is. Just stays at the last picture and counts on...

@Hasu0bs: which receiver do you have ?

Tonight, I'm definitely going to do some tests with my Onky TX-NR609, AMD Llano-based HTPC and a bunch of clips. I now also have MKVs with DTS MA.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3