• 11(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
I read your message about lots of people downloading but very few leaving feedback.

Well I've had no problems to report since the builds in this thread. It's been really stable compared to a few months ago. Smile
HTPC: NVIDIA GT 1030 with latest drivers, HDMI WASAPI, Windows 10 x64
Receiver: Yamaha RX-A2060
Speakers: Canton Chrono system
@MutatedHero - that just made my day Smile
@DDDamian I see gniff is back at it and have incorporated some of your wasapi fixes.. ahh.. good times ahead Smile
@DDDamian - i posted a new clean Debug Log about my problem with the AE build

well i'm using the [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats for some time,
everything works great with it.

but i wantd to test the new AE buid.

playing 2.0/5.1 no issues,
but when playing something with DTS or higher i get audio glitches.
DEBUG LOG (clean i hope)

the same test samples play fine with the other patch
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Anyone have issues with crashing on wakeup? I cant really tell why its doing it, but as long as I'm using it --everything is fine. When I come back the next day--crashed (black screen not logging). All three of my boxes are doing it--all win7, 2 64bit 1 32bit (i think)...
@abudabi - very good times ahead Smile

@TRaSH - yep, and thx, problems were found with DTS pre-amble decoding, and will be corrected in the next build - thx for re-doing that log!

@jayhawk785 - probably won't look at issues like those until merge with current master is complete - just too much has changed between RC2 and master at this point that it has possibly been fixed already. That said, thx for reporting and maybe someone else can confirm.

Yes, gnif has been back at it on some of the core code, and that's great. Trying to take what's working from his recent commits into this build and back-feed some of mine to his repo. Eventually they'll be in sync lol. His repo still broken, but porting what I can and will upload the minute I'm happy with it!

Other happy news: the rest of the team is starting to review and comment, at least on generalities, as well as some testing of their own. A little bit of excitement (or anxiety) building for sure lol.
...Hi DDDamian,

will you be able to release another build with a potential fix for the switching bug before the AE is merged?

That would be cool!

Cheers,

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
@ix400 - I definitely will. There's been a flurry of activity the last few days (mostly good lol). Just going carefully at this point to not allow new bugs in.
... Great! Thank's a lot.

Chris
@ix400 & Aemstel - pm sent with test build for receivers losing stream sync with DTS-MA. Will post to public d/l page if you guys confirm it fixes that issue.
(2012-04-12, 02:15)DDDamian Wrote: @TRaSH - yep, and thx, problems were found with DTS pre-amble decoding, and will be corrected in the next build - thx for re-doing that log!

thnx for checking up,
can't wait to test the new build.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Sad 
(2012-04-12, 20:31)DDDamian Wrote: @ix400 & Aemstel - pm sent with test build for receivers losing stream sync with DTS-MA. Will post to public d/l page if you guys confirm it fixes that issue.

Thanks for the build.

However, the problem remains. Tested buffer sizes of 20, 50 and 120 msec.

I got the impression that it takes a couple of seconds longer till the switching starts. No sound.

Here's the log:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7782292/xbmc.log

This bug seems to be a tough competitor. Sad

But I believe that you can get this sorted out. Smile

Cheers,

Chris

Dammit! - thx Chris - hope to hear back from Aemstel too. I'm gonna have to find a Pioneer amp to test with Sad
Just for fun: can you disable <enablealtsync>true</enablealtsync> in your advancedsettings.xml, and also try enable "Adjust refresh rate to match video" as two seperate tests?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I can't find an advancedsettings.xml file in my userdata folder. Can you send me a template?

Chris
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3