• 22(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
(2012-05-02, 06:05)ix400 Wrote: Thanks. I thought this is a bug, since it never happened in previous XBMC versions, including the patched Eden-HD version.

Chris

Windows has lost (or more accurately not re-received) the handshake from the receiver, so the device appears absent to Windows, which ultimately means from the audio driver/hardware.

If it's a bug, rebooting XBMC would find the device again, but Windows itself no longer sees it. Perhaps a test - if you can reproduce the error, and exiting and re-starting XBMC still reports that it can't find the device, exit again and try play a test tone using any other player over HDMI.

If that doesn't work, try unplug the device and re-plug, and see if that picks it up again. In theory, that should for sure re-init the handshake.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-02, 06:05)ix400 Wrote: Thanks. I thought this is a bug, since it never happened in previous XBMC versions, including the patched Eden-HD version.

Chris

Windows has lost (or more accurately not re-received) the handshake from the receiver, so the device appears absent to Windows, which ultimately means from the audio driver/hardware.

If it's a bug, rebooting XBMC would find the device again, but Windows itself no longer sees it. Perhaps a test - if you can reproduce the error, and exiting and re-starting XBMC still reports that it can't find the device, exit again and try play a test tone using any other player over HDMI.

If that doesn't work, try unplug the device and re-plug, and see if that picks it up again. In theory, that should for sure re-init the handshake.

It often happens with some TV's when they go into a sleep mode as well, or receivers put into stand-by.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I will do some more testing in the next days.
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
(2012-05-02, 06:23)ix400 Wrote: I will do some more testing in the next days.

thx Smile
Well,

I've read this very long 32-page thread tonight and I'll try the latest XBMC-AE-20120425.exe this weekend. Today is very late ;-)

Thanks to all the efforts of AE-Team (and, well, DanielaE in the HD patch I'm using actually).

I hope my setup (I've updated my signature) will be OK for this build. I'll update Catalyst to latest version too 12.4.

My questions now are:

- Any Catalyst settings that I must change from a default installation? (actually I only change the Overscan for having a full 1920x1080 picture in my TV)
- Any best settings to start with in XBMC? (video/audio, or are the default ones good)

As I always use portable mode I'll try to recreate my config from scratch (add the video folders, change the scrappers, etc.) so nothing was left behind. As I've exported NFO/Thumbnails to the same video folders the scan will be fast ;-)

Any other tip/advice for a transition from DanielaE HD Patch to this AE build will be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: missed a question: what about skins? I'm using right now "NEON" from the main repository because of the ability of having smartlist in the main screen, Can I use it with this build? (I suppose it doesn't have any spam problems like Aeon but ... ;-)
(2012-05-04, 01:58)serieofilo Wrote: - Any Catalyst settings that I must change from a default installation? (actually I only change the Overscan for having a full 1920x1080 picture in my TV)
- Any best settings to start with in XBMC? (video/audio, or are the default ones good)

As I always use portable mode I'll try to recreate my config from scratch (add the video folders, change the scrappers, etc.) so nothing was left behind. As I've exported NFO/Thumbnails to the same video folders the scan will be fast ;-)

Any other tip/advice for a transition from DanielaE HD Patch to this AE build will be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: missed a question: what about skins? I'm using right now "NEON" from the main repository because of the ability of having smartlist in the main screen, Can I use it with this build? (I suppose it doesn't have any spam problems like Aeon but ... ;-)

No changes needed. Just install and start like you normally do. It will try to auto detect the best settings (and you are ofcourse free to change them)

Skins will have no problems with this build because the menus are created by XBMC itself
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn

Thanks. I'll try it asap.

In the meantime, could it be possible to have a list of free available list of video/audio test files so I can test with my setup and post the results?

In the past I've downloaded these ones but I don't know if they are the best representative:

2L-077-mch-96kHz_21.flac
hd_dolby_digital_plus_lossless.m2ts
hd_dolby_spheres_lossless.m2ts
hd_dts_animated_logo_lossless.m2ts
hd_dts_hd_master_audio_sound_check_7_1_lossless.m2ts
hd_dts_orchestra_short_lossless.m2ts
hd_dts_total_immersion.m2ts

Would it be interesting to have a basic set of files for everyone to check with the same set ... ;-)

Thanks.
@serieofilo - I have tried a few of those and found glitches in them - they're not very good quality at all.

hd_dts_orchestra_short_lossless.m2ts has an ugly glitch at around 5sec complete with green screen, but audio plays thru okay.
The handshaking problem definitely seems to be more then just a bad hardware problem... In the same configuration with the Eden+HD bitstream no devices are ever lost when the receiver switches inputs or powers off and back on, but it fails consistently with the current AE build. I'll do more testing and post the logs from both soon...
Thx millercentral - the code has a lot of debugging log entries, so it might show something. Tested switching on my rig - no problems. so please specify your receiver as well.
I get the same issue on my setup also.
Onkyo 606
As soon as you change input or turn off the receiver XBMC will crash.

As with millercentral I had no issue with the preveious AE build or DanielaE's.

*ED* Just done some quick testing and atleast for me this only happens with WASAPI.
Crash Log
(2012-05-05, 18:47)Venares Wrote: I get the same issue on my setup also.
Onkyo 606

*ED* Just done some quick testing and atleast for me this only happens with WASAPI.

... same problem here. See my post #292.

unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
(2012-05-05, 19:17)ix400 Wrote:
(2012-05-05, 18:47)Venares Wrote: I get the same issue on my setup also.
Onkyo 606

... same problem here. See my post #292.

I'm also using an Onkyo receiver (507) and experience the same behaviour.

Can post a log later if this will help
(2012-05-05, 21:24)jack0w Wrote: I'm also using an Onkyo receiver and experience the same behaviour.

Can post a log later if this will help

Count me in on the same problem - Onkyo HT-RC360 and a Zotac AD10, when using WASAPI. Will also provide a log if wanted/needed
Thx guys - obviously this is not just a lost handshake - have a solution Smile

On another note, a new class has been created for DSP's (digital signal processing), and we hope to have two initial DSP's in for the merge: a HRTF headphone-listening DSP (google it lol) and DRC (dynamic range compression). True DRC is long-awaited for those who listen at night etc. Note that it applies only to PCM - passthrough works as normal. Toggling transcoding of AC3, DTS, etc off and enabling DRC will give you the equivalent of "night mode".
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3