• 24(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
(2012-05-10, 02:33)Wanilton Wrote: DDDamian, I translated core xbmc for portuguese Brazil, i know how work, thanks, for info.

Wanilton

Heh - you're the man for the Portuguese-Brazil translates Smile Will you update the .po file then for git? Just do a pull request and I'll leave the code setting at #407.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Yes, I send to git all strings for AE use, before merge, alan commited recently my po file, and DTS HD is 407 id in my po file too, but i believe the trouble is in ae code, not in po file. I try put id 347 in po file and strings.xml too, but same results of my previous image, no string in pt br or english for DTS-HD.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Nightly builds will now include AE, so I won't be posting more builds here, but starting 05/10/2012 you can get them with AE from:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

The list of bugfixes is pretty lengthy, but I believe we've nailed down the one's you guys have brought up recently, and of course we welcome new bug-reports and general feedback on good things too. The three development threads will likely be closed shortly and new one's started in the more general help and support areas of the forum.

The issue with crashing on receiver input switching should be gone now, as well as the dvd menu crash, to name two fixes in the last couple of days.

We've been working on a seperate branch for next month's merge window as this one closes tomorrow. Bug-fixes can be pushed to master any time though and will continue to be the first priority. Gnif has written a new class and methods for handling DSP's (digital signal processors) and I have written two so far - a headphones enhancement and a low-pass filter for subs when upmixing. Next is a DRC (dynamic range compression) feature for better voice clarity similar to a "night mode" on many receivers, making movies less "loud" while allowing you to hear speech better.

We also have a lot to do in terms of documentation (the Wiki for one) and a better GUI settings page, hopefully over the next month or so.

Thanks for all the testing work so far, and hope you enjoy our efforts as much as we do Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Absolutely brilliant news - well done to all involved. Will try out shortly.
Very nice to see this finally getting merged with master!

@DDDamian: How will the DRC work when playing bitstreamable formats? Will enabling DRC switch it to LPCM? In my opinion that would be great, I use night mode (called "Adaptive DRC" on my reciever) a lot when watching late but it's hidden deep inside the menues on my reciever and I tend to forget it on (which I don't want), so the ability to do this in software would be awesome!
Looks like the first "nighty" with AE support appeared already.

Slightly off topic, did the XBMC UI change ? Looks like new icons, different fonts and background for the default skin.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
@loekf

Did you manage to get the build to open past the 'splash screen' - my download crashes at that point.
Could someone do a quick summary of the improvements that AE brings to XBMC, just wondering what else it offers other than HD audio, however I do realise these maybe too numerous to list them all so perhaps a Top 10 list of main improvements if so.
when i want to test a Nightly builds with the new AE in it,
should i do a fresh install of it (delete the old AE build (stand alone)?)
because i gave it a try and it somehow was lagging in the main menu when playing music,
also the glitch on the last 5 secs when playing a MP isn't solved.
but it could also be a issue because i installed it in the same location as the AE build (stand alone).
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2012-05-10, 17:16)steelman1991 Wrote: @loekf

Did you manage to get the build to open past the 'splash screen' - my download crashes at that point.

Only tried it out on my regular PC and that works fine.

Didn't try it out on my HPTC yet... will let you know.

EDIT: this nightly build (May 10) is "borked". I was curious about the missing backgrounds for the confluence skin and did an clean install. This time it also stopped right after the splash screen on my machine (XBMC stopped working, looking for a solution). Have to see whether I can get some log.

EDIT2: probably the wrong forum... ;-)

EDIT3: at the end of the log I see:

Code:
18:18:21 T:4324  NOTICE: Log level changed to 0
18:18:21 T:4324  NOTICE: Loading media sources from special://masterprofile/sources.xml
18:18:22 T:4324  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeShared: WASAPI Shared Mode Sink Initialized Successfully!!!
18:18:22 T:4324  NOTICE: initializing playlistplayer
18:18:22 T:4324  NOTICE: DONE initializing playlistplayer
18:18:22 T:4324   ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
                                            Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
@negge - DRC will force LPCM, so will work with all formats except DTS-MA (until ffmpeg adds decoding of DTS-MA), so it will be a single button "night mode" as you want. For DTS-MA we'll use the DTS core, which isn't really an issue quality-wise as we're doctoring the audio anyways for DRC. Pretty sure that gives you what you want.

@TRaSH - since the mege to master is done, I would definitely use a clean install - safest route.

@jjd-uk - I'll be doing a write-up for the monthly update on the main xbmc.org page and the wiki for month's end (or sooner) that will describe the changes/capabiities/etc

@loekf - eek - no AE-related, but ouch. There are many many large things that went into this merge cycle - AE is the biggest, but there were changes to thumbnail storage/caching, the confluence gui, and many more. One issue I see in master is thumbnail related - the first time you use it will be quite slow, and thereafter a little slower. JMarshall has changed the handling of thumbs, which is a good thing, and will be working on performance improvements there.

It was a huge month overall. With the amount that went in, expect a few broken eggs. That's why the next few weeks until June 1st are feature-freeze/fixes only.

There was an issue with WASAPI shared not being deprecated - the pr didn't make it into final merge. If you grabbed last nights then definitely grab a fresh nightly tomorrow. I just pushed the commit removing WASAPI shared to master an hour ago. If you are using nightlies the change will show up tomorrow.

For everyone: if you are pulling and compiling your own - be absolutely sure you are compiling a release version with optimization turned on!! If you are unsure how to do this then please use nightlies!!
Did a clean install of this new nightly with AE (so I uninstalled the last AE test build)
For me the library isn't updating and the video turns in to a slide show after a "fast forward" (a pauze/unpauze fixes it)
Other than that playback seems fine...
@cyradix - we posted at the same time, but please see my post #356 above - if you are using WASAPI pls grab nightly again tmo.
NOTE: There is a known issue with the new enumeration code and Win XP - working on it (don't have an XP machine - for christ's sake it's 20yrs old lol), but will post here when a patch is pushed to correct it. If you are using XP expect an issue until then (or upgrade!).
For those that absolutely can't wait, here is the final at merge with WASAPI shared removed: XBMC-AE Final
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3