• 37(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
(2012-06-04, 08:00)TRaSH Wrote: Did you check in windows audio settings.
If its set to 5.1 or do you only have the option for 2.0
Does it also show all supported audio modes.

My Windows settings are set to 5.1 using rear surround (as opposed to 5.1 using side surround, which it gave me the option for). The supported modes it says are DTS, DOlby Digital, and Dolby Digital Plus, but I know that my receiver can accept everything. See the link below to the specs for my receiver. I have a feeling that, for some reason, it is bypassing identifying what my receiver can handle and only using what my TV can handle, as that is the end device.

RECEIVER SPECS
This is not an XBMC problem then. DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD are not in the supported modes list, so either your computer hardware does not support HD audio or, if your hardware is supposed to support HD audio, the drivers you have loaded do not.

(2012-06-04, 08:54)seanfrisbey Wrote: My Windows settings are set to 5.1 using rear surround (as opposed to 5.1 using side surround, which it gave me the option for). The supported modes it says are DTS, DOlby Digital, and Dolby Digital Plus, but I know that my receiver can accept everything. See the link below to the specs for my receiver. I have a feeling that, for some reason, it is bypassing identifying what my receiver can handle and only using what my TV can handle, as that is the end device.

RECEIVER SPECS

(2012-06-04, 04:47)Senthil Wrote:
(2012-06-03, 17:05)macTh3Knif3 Wrote: Like everyone else here I just want to say great work on this ... I have a quick question w.r.t. LPCM decoding and dts-ma. Unfortunately I have an ION, I played around a little while back with LAV audio and arcsofts dtsdecoderdll.dll, and at the risk of getting banned, would it be possible to integrate this with AE and get dts-ma decoding working or should I just go out and buy a new pc :-)

hah... Very interesting question.. Confused..

More info here ...
http://1f0.de/lav-audio/
Unsupported - xbmc uses it's own proprietary codecs - you could search for DSPlayer (Direct Show Player), which is a derivative branch, but development stopped some time ago. There are builds still around, but no active development AFAIK.

Alternative is to use an external player (mpc-hc etc.) which could utilise LAV filters

But not a topic for this thread I would suggest.
(2012-06-04, 12:48)OtisPresley Wrote: This is not an XBMC problem then. DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD are not in the supported modes list, so either your computer hardware does not support HD audio or, if your hardware is supposed to support HD audio, the drivers you have loaded do not.

(2012-06-04, 08:54)seanfrisbey Wrote: My Windows settings are set to 5.1 using rear surround (as opposed to 5.1 using side surround, which it gave me the option for). The supported modes it says are DTS, DOlby Digital, and Dolby Digital Plus, but I know that my receiver can accept everything. See the link below to the specs for my receiver. I have a feeling that, for some reason, it is bypassing identifying what my receiver can handle and only using what my TV can handle, as that is the end device.

RECEIVER SPECS
Could this be an issue with your OS - I don't think (but don't quote me on it) xbmc supports Win 8 in any guise.

I was using a PC running XP but I plan to swap that old Dell out with a newer HP running windows 7, might that help the audio/video issues concernign the newer HD codecs?
Hey guy - been busy with a few things including coding Smile Will give some updates and specific answers tomorrow - including some that are a few days overdue.

@bigbwb - XP cannot bitstream. It is limited to DirectSound, which barely handles AC3 (Dolby 5.1). You need Vista SP1 or newer as it introduced WASAPI - that is required for bitstreaming HD audio.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-06-04, 08:54)seanfrisbey Wrote:

My Windows settings are set to 5.1 using rear surround (as opposed to 5.1 using side surround, which it gave me the option for). The supported modes it says are DTS, DOlby Digital, and Dolby Digital Plus, but I know that my receiver can accept everything. See the link below to the specs for my receiver. I have a feeling that, for some reason, it is bypassing identifying what my receiver can handle and only using what my TV can handle, as that is the end device.

RECEIVER SPECS

Check your reciever settings for something like audio pass true.
And disable that.
Had a issue like that a few days ago when I reinstalled my HTPC.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2012-06-04, 15:11)macTh3Knif3 Wrote:
(2012-06-04, 04:47)Senthil Wrote:
(2012-06-03, 17:05)macTh3Knif3 Wrote: Like everyone else here I just want to say great work on this ... I have a quick question w.r.t. LPCM decoding and dts-ma. Unfortunately I have an ION, I played around a little while back with LAV audio and arcsofts dtsdecoderdll.dll, and at the risk of getting banned, would it be possible to integrate this with AE and get dts-ma decoding working or should I just go out and buy a new pc :-)

hah... Very interesting question.. Confused..

More info here ...
http://1f0.de/lav-audio/

kool, guess except gnif(taking rest after 2years of coding) no one can answer that question... keep in mind dts-ma/DD+ over dts/DD is only beneficial if you have 7.1 or above surround config with decent audio gear (decent speakers with decent AVR or amp and room that big enough to setup all these properly etc..), i wouldn't upgrade anything otherwise if i have those i mentioned.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality !
Big Grin 

@DDDamian
@bigbwb
@seanfrisbey
@Marco275
@seanfrisby
@Warstomper
(2012-06-01, 20:19)rkismet Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 01:58)DDDamian Wrote: @Warstomper - think I see the issue - thx - will make a few changes and post here when done.

Hey folks - couple of AE release items Smile
http://xbmc.org/
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AudioEngine

seeing the same thing...its a hit or miss on different DTS/Dolby HD (most work great actually!! TKS for your work!!)

--Using the nightly from the yesterday and the day before
--Looks like warstomper and i have a ~similar~ setup (Realtek HDMI Output (ATI HDMI Audio)) Radeon HD 5450 with Realtek on MB (not used)

(at work crawlin board before posting issue...i can get you the logs later if needed)

So guys i think i figured out the HD audio/jitter thing or atleast how to avoid it. You all seem to have a similar setup as me...MB w/ (realtek) audio onboard and still enabled AND a (ATI HD XXXX) HTPC video card.

In this setup, the HTPC card either uses passthrough audio from your onboard sound ~or~ its applying the wrong driver to the card's audio. Either way, it works for all the basic stuff but not so well on the HD audio. Result - seems that AE is using the core in some of the cases and in other cases it is trying to convert it to something even lower...when it converts lower-->jitter

Resolution: (win7)
-Disable onboard audio in the bios (which we should have done in the first place ;-) )
-Go into the device manager and delete the sound devices you currently have (ex: Realtek HDMI Output (ATI HDMI Audio)) and make sure that it deletes the drivers too...check in the box i believe.
-While still in the device manager right click the computer name at the top of the list and scan for hardware changes. It will find it as a whole bunch of M$ stuff at first then settle down after a min or two to a generic M$ hdmi card....this is very important if it still says that its an Realtek device or some else that isn't MS or your HTPC card you didn't delete the drivers)
-Reinstall/update your HTPC video card drivers/software (ie Catalyst) to the latest ver
-Make sure it found the *sound* portion of your card in device manager
-Reconfigure the HDMI for your card for either 5.1 or 7.1 (or whatever) in sound->playback->configure
-While still in sound, goto the properties for the HDMI then the advanced tab
---You can test 24/192...but with my Onkyo 606B and ATI HD5450 it just plays everything out of front left/right
---i had to back it down to 24/96 before 7.1 went to the correct channels/speakers

NOW...go forth and enjoy all the AWESOME work that DDDamian and gnif (and MANY others on the AE project) have done!!!

-Rkismet-

This is what I get when I try to play a TrueHD file:

http://pastebin.com/nyB6Pixx

Windows 7 32bit, GeForce G210. Was running 0601 nightly then updated to 0605 and got the same thing. Updated nVidia drivers etc. Have a spare ATi card I've been meaning to put in there. Perhaps now is the time!

edit: Okay, never mind. Apparently the G210 can't bitstream HD audio. I could have sworn the nVidia site said it did before I bought it, otherwise I never would have.

editedit: Bought an ATi 6450 and having the same problem (and the same as others on the last few pages).
I have Win 7 64bit. I just downloaded and updated to the nightly a few days ago. I use the optical output of my ASRock H55 to the optical in of my Onkyo audio receiver. When I select WASAPI: SPDIF - Realtek Digital Output, I get muted audio while navigating menu items for the first second of sound. Then after that 1 second the audio is fine and moving the cursor creates audio. But when I pause for 1 second and move the cursor again it starts muted all over again. When I select DirectSound SPDIF Realtek Digital Output, the audio is normal and always on.

So I just use DirectSound. But which should be better? And should I worry about WASAPI not working correctly?
WASAPI is better (and even required for passthrough I think).
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
I have been using the monthly release. So far no issues and really enjoying it.

I do have couple of questions:

1. I usually rip audio into 44.1Khz FLAC. With the new setting I am upsampling the audio to 192Khz, so my question is will it help if I rip the audio into 48khz?
2. I have a bunch of 5.1 audio encoded in vorbis. But not sure what should be the channel order (L,R,C,LS,RS,Sub) or (L,R,LS,RS,C,Sub) ?
(2012-06-08, 21:22)atlind01 Wrote: I have been using the monthly release. So far no issues and really enjoying it.

I do have couple of questions:

1. I usually rip audio into 44.1Khz FLAC. With the new setting I am upsampling the audio to 192Khz, so my question is will it help if I rip the audio into 48khz?
2. I have a bunch of 5.1 audio encoded in vorbis. But not sure what should be the channel order (L,R,C,LS,RS,Sub) or (L,R,LS,RS,C,Sub) ?

1. From what I understand, CD's are mastered at 44.1 kHz, so importing them at 48 kHz is still be extrapolating the extra samples and the resulting file will not be identical to what is on the disc. I would even think that once you resample it AGAIN to 192 kHz, having it extrapolate even more samples (extrapolating on already extrapolated data) it will sound worse than if you just went with the 44.1 kHz original and upsampled from that. However, that is just my take on it. I could be completely wrong, haha. Someone correct me if I am!

2. Can't help you there Tongue

Good luck!
Hi

Can anyone look at the link below and explain to me why it keeps crashing at the splash screen please?

It's a fresh install.

http://pastebin.com/FccDF6E9

Thanks

Wiggo

Edit: I Am using the Final version of it that is linked on page 1 by DDDamian.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3