adding music from C drive
forgive me if im being stupid, but im having an issue adding music to my library from my hard drive, im running windows XP and no music plays when i click it, i can see the titles, and it plays perfectly from the CD, but not from the hard drive, any help? thanks
Do you have files made (ripped) from the CD that are on the C drive yet? Because I'm not sure what the CD drive has to do with anything if the files are on the C drive.
i can play the ripped filed via windows media player, but not through XBMC, it says something like 'open socket [3]'
You've added a source under music for these files and can see them in XBMC, right? They just won't play?
exactly, i looked at the log files, and it said it was something to do with the audio codec, how do install it to xbmc, or get xbmc to recognise it? i have a few different codecs on my pc at the mement.
Are they ripped to a format that uses DRM (digital rights management)? If so, XBMC will not play them. What codec are they ripped to?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adding music from C drive0