Some regexp help for TV Series episode naming please..
I have some TV Series and they're named:
TV Series\Series name\Season X\Series name Season 01 Episode 01 - Episode name.avi
What do I need to add to my advancedsettings.xml file to let it recognise the Season 01 Episode 01 part of the episode name?
In the help page there is an example where the episode is named Season 01 - Episode 01 - name.avi
The regexp for this is:
<regexp>Season ([0-9]+) - Episode ([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>

My example is basically the same but I don't have the dash in between the Season and Episode.
Thanks. Smile
So just kill the dash and one of the spaces.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:So just kill the dash and one of the spaces.
Thanks, I had tried that but it didn't work.
I have:
<regexp>Season ([0-9]+) Episode ([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
Will this work for double numbers - as in Season 01 Episode 01. Also, the Series name before this text has spaces in the name (but don't think that makes any difference?).
EDIT: scratch that, it's fine. Not sure why it didn't seem to work before but it's fine now.

Thanks again! Smile
Check the debug log while scanning a show - it'll tell you whether it's picking anything up.

Posting your exact advancedsettings.xml (either inline or on pastebin and link to it) would help others help you as well.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

OK, thanks again Jonathan - will do so in the future and was why I posted the line I did. Appreciate though that other things could have been causing it.

One quick question - can 'REM'/ # text be added to the xml file for comments/reminders without screwing it up?
Comments in XML files use XML comments:

<!-- foo -->

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some regexp help for TV Series episode naming please..0