Buffering problems
Got a new Apple TV 2.

jailbrocken with the latest (i think) XBMC (11.0) and use navix i think...

for streaming TV is ok...buffers now and then but not often....

HD buffers after 4 secs and then basically every 60 secs....

I live in sweden and watch sky sports and so on (being from Scotland)

Any good TIPS...plz...cheers

IP

:confused2:
I installed everything this week so it should all be the latest
Did you read the FAQ yet?
Ned Scott Wrote:Did you read the FAQ yet?

I believe there is some advancedsettings.xml changes that need to be made (gathered from here) after upgrading to RC1, the FAQ does not directly reference this. There are various methods for fixing buffering issues outlined here, however I'm led to believe there is some specific recommendation for those that have upgraded to RC1 or greater and are experiencing buffering issues.

I'm going to try updating to the latest nightly since everything worked fine before RC2 (instructions)
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

akevit Wrote:I believe there is some advancedsettings.xml changes that need to be made (gathered from here) after upgrading to RC1, the FAQ does not directly reference this. There are various methods for fixing buffering issues outlined here, however I'm led to believe there is some specific recommendation for those that have upgraded to RC1 or greater and are experiencing buffering issues.

I'm going to try updating to the latest nightly since everything worked fine before RC2 (instructions)

No, there are zero changes that are needed between RC1 and RC2. The referenced advacnedsetting.xml file was just another way to enable something that is already on by default, and it won't hurt anything by being there.

As noted in the FAQ, enabling Dirty Regions will have zero effect on video playback. It only effects the GUI.

If either of you had read the FAQ then you would know that we need a debug log (how to get it is mentioned in the FAQ).
Just forget about it if I need help later I'll make my own post with a full debug log.
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

try power cycling your router
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Haven't read FAQ...i'm one of those lazy Bstrds ( Smile ) .

I have though changed the settings from HDMI to analog och took away some naff installations which have possibly almost filled up the 5-600Meg hd.

today its been working pretty good actually.

This RC2, is that anything add. Probably only some minor changes and I'm wondering if its worth the hassle to add it.

I work at our city broadband company and we own the fibers, so am gonna ask the tecky about buffering. Maybe our network or my ISP might be the problem !!! My friend in UK never had the the same issues watching the same channel yesterday !!!! Mine was a nightmare

AND, I'm looking for some good UK channel sites...any tips?
celticfc Wrote:Haven't read FAQ...i'm one of those lazy Bstrds ( Smile ) .

I have though changed the settings from HDMI to analog och took away some naff installations which have possibly almost filled up the 5-600Meg hd.

today its been working pretty good actually.

This RC2, is that anything add. Probably only some minor changes and I'm wondering if its worth the hassle to add it.

I work at our city broadband company and we own the fibers, so am gonna ask the tecky about buffering. Maybe our network or my ISP might be the problem !!! My friend in UK never had the the same issues watching the same channel yesterday !!!! Mine was a nightmare

AND, I'm looking for some good UK channel sites...any tips?

RC2 (Release Candidate 2) is the latest edition of XBMC so yeah it's pretty good to have. Also look around for the TV Catchup Plugin for live UK TV, and there is an IPlayer, 4OD, and ITV Player catch up service ones.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering problems0