My HTPC Build, need some help
I'm building a HTPC to put in my living room and would like some help. My first and major concern is being able to turn the system on and off using my Logitech Harmony 700. Is this possible at all? I guess worst come to worst I would have to leave my computer on sleep.

My build is based around being quiet and energy efficient as possible. Any criticism is welcomed.

Specs:
[Case] Silverstone Milo ML03B
[CPU] Intel i3-2120T
[Mobo] ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT Z68 mITX
[Ram] G.SKILL Eco 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1333 7-7-7-21 1.35V
[PSU] Corsair Builder Series CX430
[CPU Cooler] Scythe Shuriken REV.B 3
[Case Fans] Fractal Design Silent Series 80MM Ultra Quiet 11Dba
[Network Adapter] ASUS PCE-N15
[IR Receiver] HP MCE Receiver
[Remote] Logitech Harmony 700 (already own)
[Boot Drive] OCZ Vertex 2 240GB (already own)
[Storage Drive] Seagate Barracuda 2TB (already own)

Total with shipping and taxes: $551.52

The reason I chose this motherboard is because it comes with a CIR header on the motherboard since the Harmony uses IR. Also does anybody know if this motherboard can handle both video and audio through it's HDMI port?
TheDream Wrote:I'm building a HTPC to put in my living room and would like some help. My first and major concern is being able to turn the system on and off using my Logitech Harmony 700. Is this possible at all? I guess worst come to worst I would have to leave my computer on sleep.

My build is based around being quiet and energy efficient as possible. Any criticism is welcomed.

Specs:
[Case] Silverstone Milo ML03B
[CPU] Intel i3-2105
[GPU] Onboard Intel HD3000
[Mobo] ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT Z68 mITX
[Ram] G.SKILL Eco 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1333 7-7-7-21 1.35V
[PSU] Corsair Builder Series CX430
[CPU Cooler] Scythe Shuriken REV.B 3
[Case Fans] ractal Design Silent Series 80MM Ultra Quiet 11Dba
[Network Adapter] ASUS PCE-N15
[IR Receiver] HP MCE Receiver
[Remote] Logitech Harmony 700 (already own)
[Boot Drive] OCZ Vertex 2 240GB (already own)
[Storage Drive] Seagate Barracuda 2TB (already own)
Total: $491.09

The reason I chose this motherboard is because it comes with a CIR header on the motherboard since the Harmony uses IR. Also does anybody know if this motherboard can handle both video and audio through it's HDMI port?

If you want to make it even more quiet you might consider putting the HDDs in a NAS.
nooryani84 Wrote:If you want to make it even more quiet you might consider putting the HDDs in a NAS.

I was thinking about building a NAS but I don't think I will unless I have two HTPCs. I'm also going with the i3-2120T after reading that review you showed me. Big Grin
UPDATE: Ordered everything except for the CPU.
yes, both video and audio will pass through HDMI.

for ways to power ON and OFF your HTPC,
read here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111310
TheDream Wrote:UPDATE: Ordered everything except for the CPU.

Congratulations! Still waiting for the M350, psu and USB-CEC adapter. Let me know how it works out! Smile
Got ur parts?
Everything except the motherboard, CPU, and IR receiver.

WOW, loving it!!

BTW, had to drag and drop the images into a new tab to see them. Looks like the thumbnail/preview BBCODE got messed up in the forum upgrade Sad

Awesome stuff anyways Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My HTPC Build, need some help0