<bookmark>
<name>dvd-game</name>
<path>d:\default.xbe</path>
<depth>1</depth>
</bookmark>

</myprograms>

if you notice the bookmark for the dvd-game points directly to
d:\default.xbe

i sometimes put more than one game on a dvd as this helps make the dvd fuller so the dvd-rom will have a better chance of reading it. i also do it to save from using multiple discs when i can put multiple games together. when building the multi-game discs i put each game in it's own folder. if you do the same, you'll notice with the default xbmc xml settings the disc will show nothing when you look at it under programs. but... if you change the dvd-game section to this...

<bookmark>
<name>dvd-game</name>
<path>d:\</path>
<depth>1</depth>
</bookmark>

your dvd-game in programs will list all the games on a multigame disc. i'm pretty sure older builds of xbmc didn't point directly to an xbe on the dvd drive, but the new builds do. so if you use multi-game discs this change is for you! i would hope the devs will notice this and change it but it's not a big deal so prolly not.

also, i don't like calling the bookmark dvd-game as i sometimes use other dvd's with xbox software on them other than games. i change it to simply dvd-rom.

just a tip.

(i wasn't sure if this should go in the support section or general)
Softmodded
XMBC enthusiast since Dec. 2004
i´m using craxtion4 to create multigamedisks (dvds/cds).
it´s very easy and it has even a nice menu to select the games.
you can choose between 3 menus (mxm, menux and another one). each game is automatically put in it´s own folder and on the root folder on the disc there is a default.xbe to start this disc as a normal xbox-game.

so i don´t see the advantage of your suggestion Wink Wink Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
the advantage is i don't have to create any menus. or have extra unneeded files on my discs. don't you think adding more software than needed is over kill? i do. besides. i don't want craxtion, i already use qwix. and with qwix i can create multi game discs with very little effort without extra (unneeded) software or menu setup.

i suppose people who want use their multigame discs with other dashes, or discs that cold boot then use craxtion. i like xbmc programs menu.

each to his own. Cool

ps just noticed... craxtion requires .net to be installed. not everyone can (or even wants) to downlaod and install .net just to use craxtion.
Softmodded
alright. i just tried out craxtion for the first time. i had heard about it and briefly looked into it months ago. not bad. not bad at all. a lot of features. have to say it's very promising. i have already noticed some bugs though. but still good software. i'll toy with it more to get a feel for it. for now...
Softmodded
i tried downloading craxtion and .net but couldn't get them to work.
so i stuck with qwix and avalaunch.
if you make a multi game disc with qwix how do you burn multiple games with neros? and how do you load the game you want on your xbox? i am asking because the default xbe usually loads the single game on the disc when you put it in the drive with the ms dashboard. is there a way to add a boot loader for multiple games?
are the both games burned as iso images? Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-game DVD-discs and XBMC as dash0