Xtreamer or Zotac?
Hi,

I am very new to XBMX, and i used to use TVX for to play Videos.

i did some research and now i dont know wiether to go with:

1- Xtreamer Ultra 2 Deluxe

or

2- Zotac ID80

or

3- anything else that you can recommend to accommodate my needs

I am group 7. also i will be streaming the files through network from a PC (Windows7) that will be in another room, so the HTPC that i will chose should be able to do that smoothly.

Please Help Smile
I'd go with the zotac.. xtreamer is kind of a janky asian company
edit: I had the original xtreamer product from a super long time ago and it was terrible. Their firmware update team also was terrible with really bad communication. Now that it runs openelec it might be a little better but I'd still go with zotac
I had the original Xtreamer and it was great. It did what I expected it to do, and it did it well. Either would be good, but the Xtreamer seems to be geared specifically as an HTPC. It also uses it's own version of OpenElec, which is nice.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
MidnightWatcher Wrote:I had the original Xtreamer and it was great. It did what I expected it to do, and it did it well. Either would be good, but the Xtreamer seems to be geared specifically as an HTPC. It also uses it's own version of OpenElec, which is nice.

+1 for Ultra ver#1

I also had one, great HTPC!!! ...from the looks of the Ultra ver#2 it should be great as well. Looks like they added the GT-520 GPU which should allow you to bitstream HD Audio when W7 is loaded on it. This was a feature the first version lacked!!
CpTHOOK Wrote:+1 for Ultra ver#1

I also had one, great HTPC!!! ...from the looks of the Ultra ver#2 it should be great as well. Looks like they added the GT-520 GPU which should allow you to bitstream HD Audio when W7 is loaded on it. This was a feature the first version lacked!!

V2 looks like a great HTPC. Is this going to hit the U.S Smile Smile Smile Smile
lagledavid Wrote:V2 looks like a great HTPC. Is this going to hit the U.S Smile Smile Smile Smile

I'm sure it will according to Pre_order information. The only thing they mention about US and European purchases is that we will be subjected to VAT(Value added taxes) on top of shipping and purchase price. But, Amazon.com may distribute the Ultra in the US like was the case with V1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xtreamer or Zotac?0