Windows 7
RC 2
DEBUG LOG
Full .xml thats causing error

For some reason changing line 4 from:

<control type="list" id="8000">
to
<control type="wraplist" id="8000">

causes a unstoppable memory leak that crashes my computer if I dont catch it in time, I have 7 seconds I have to 'end process' via Windows Task Manager before all RAM is taken up.

Now I dont need this to be a "wraplist" I was just trying to reverse engineer an effect 'black had in his Xpirence skin but regardless I dont think we want memory leaks that crash the computer...

If need full skin to debug, PM me as I dont want skin public yet...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Just as a test try setting the preloaditems to ZERO I found with SLik that if I put preload items to a number that ended up being more than the total items available my cpu would go crazy with a wrap list

eg: having 4 menu items but all 4 + 1 wrap was visible on the screen so it has already "wraped" but was still trying to preload

Basically if the same item was on the screen more than once Smile and it was also pre loading

eg: this commit https://github.com/JezzX/skin.SLik/commi...16be3fdb5a (ignore the weather bit it got in the wrong commit)
@mcborzu
Could You share part of your skin to reproduce the problem? that .xml is not enough as there are some unresolved includes.

(Posted here just in case - maybe yesterday's PM was lost in traffic Tongue)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
While we're on the discussion of wraplists -

Can I refresh you on the other problem where focus animations only work every other time when there are repeated items in a wraplist?

Thanks.

EDIT: Trac'd
@Hitcher:
seems like Your code didn't get pasted on trac - could You re-attach it there?

--- edit ok - it's there now, thanks! Smile
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

pieh Wrote:@Hitcher:
seems like Your code didn't get pasted on trac - could You re-attach it there?

Or I forgot to add it. Oo
@mcborzu
Fixed crash in 0c276ec8 . Thx for files needed to reproduce.

(2012-03-17, 12:01)pieh Wrote: @mcborzu
Fixed crash in 0c276ec8 . Thx for files needed to reproduce.

Does this have any effect on the focus animation problem?

Thanks.
(2012-03-17, 14:51)Hitcher Wrote: Does this have any effect on the focus animation problem?
No, I will be trying to push fix for that issue today. I had working/ugly fix ready earlier but deleted it by mistake and didn't have time earlier - will re-do it from memory now. Will let You know when it gets in (in addition to trac notyfing mail You will get when I close ticket Wink )

Good to know it's fixable.

Thanks.
I am also facing same problem, and the below solution not work for me, any other solution?

(2012-03-05, 05:46)mcborzu Wrote: Windows 7
RC 2
DEBUG LOG
Full .xml thats causing error

For some reason changing line 4 from:

<control type="list" id="8000">
to
<control type="wraplist" id="8000">

causes a unstoppable memory leak that crashes my computer if I dont catch it in time, I have 7 seconds I have to 'end process' via Windows Task Manager before all RAM is taken up.

Now I dont need this to be a "wraplist" I was just trying to reverse engineer an effect 'black had in his Xpirence skin but regardless I dont think we want memory leaks that crash the computer...

If need full skin to debug, PM me as I dont want skin public yet...

(2012-03-17, 19:11)peter200285 Wrote: I am also facing same problem, and the below solution not work for me, any other solution?
If this is same problem - check if focusedlayout width (for horizontal orientation) or height (vertical) is greater than container width/height. It might be also something else - in that case give me more details so I can fix it Smile

Yes you are right the problem was in focusedlayout's width and now its solved, thanks pieh for helping me out.

(2012-03-17, 20:32)pieh Wrote:
(2012-03-17, 19:11)peter200285 Wrote: I am also facing same problem, and the below solution not work for me, any other solution?
If this is same problem - check if focusedlayout width (for horizontal orientation) or height (vertical) is greater than container width/height. It might be also something else - in that case give me more details so I can fix it Smile

@pieh

Thanks for checking into this

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Memory Crash0