Dual monitor question
If I'm watching xbmc on my tv, in full screen, is there a way to use my other monitor, setup as dual screen expanded, at all? Any time you have it on and click anywhere, it exits full screen

If this doesn't make sense I can try to explain it further.
Yes, As long as XBMC is on the primary monitor. If you want to run it on the expanded monitor it has to be windowed. At least that what I know
I have my laptop connected to my TV. The TV displays XBMC full screen and I have the desktop/start menu on my laptops main screen. I use Windows 7 and I had trouble getting the correct resolutions through the syetem settings.

I set my main monitor as my laptop and my TV as the secondary monitor through my graphics card options. In XBMC there is a setting in the "System" section (i think) that lets you choose "fullscreen screen 1", "fullscreen screen 2" or "Windowed". Its somewhere in there anyway. Choose "Fullscreen screen 2".

You might need to restart XBMC to get it to recognise there is a second screen connected once you change settings.
Media Server - Unraid v6, Intel G550, 4GB, 6TB

HTPC - Windows 10, Kodi 15.0, E4400, 2GB
Thanks andrewch, I was wondering how to do that Smile
andrewch Wrote:I have my laptop connected to my TV. The TV displays XBMC full screen and I have the desktop/start menu on my laptops main screen. I use Windows 7 and I had trouble getting the correct resolutions through the syetem settings.

I set my main monitor as my laptop and my TV as the secondary monitor through my graphics card options. In XBMC there is a setting in the "System" section (i think) that lets you choose "fullscreen screen 1", "fullscreen screen 2" or "Windowed". Its somewhere in there anyway. Choose "Fullscreen screen 2".

You might need to restart XBMC to get it to recognise there is a second screen connected once you change settings.

This is exactly what I wanted it to do, thank you very much.
No worries. I just did it the other night. Nod
Media Server - Unraid v6, Intel G550, 4GB, 6TB

HTPC - Windows 10, Kodi 15.0, E4400, 2GB
Hi all.

I have the same setup tv and PC. Is there a way to have xbmc run on the tv and use the PC without having an extended or a clone desktop ? When my wife works on the pc I keep getting the mouse or little bit of a web browser "bleeding" on the tv through the "open" side of the pc desktop. Am I clear ??

Can someone help ?
Sry to restart an old thread. Forgot to check the date.
Hey i have this scenario running as well. i did what was suggested above, i chose fulscreen #2. yes it works, but if i turn off the or switch to another source in my Home Theater it defaults XBMC back to monitor #1 the primary that i use for Desktop. i can switch it back easy enough.... just a pain. And i want to set this up for a Client, so it cant switch back. It needs to stay permanently XBMC on Fullscreen #2 no matter what

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual monitor question0