Losing All Files in Library on Startup :S
So since I switched to MySQL it's been pretty smooth running, but since the betas started coming out I've had problems. Often when I wake up the HTPC, sources seem to get reset meaning that I have no TV Shows or Movies scraped to the library. I can add them again of course but I lose all my watched status and its just a pain. I'll include my advancedsettings and my log below, hopefully someone can make something of it all!

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
       <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
    </videolibrary>

<videodatabase>
      <type>mysql</type>
      <host>tower</host>
      <port>3306</port>
      <user>xbmc</user>
      <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
      <type>mysql</type>
      <host>tower</host>
      <port>3306</port>
      <user>xbmc</user>
      <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </musicdatabase>

<pathsubstitution>
      <substitute>
          <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
          <to>smb://tower/cache/.xbmcThumbnails/</to>
      </substitute>
      <substitute>
          <from>special://masterprofile/keymaps/</from>
          <to>smb://tower/cache/.xbmcData/keymaps/</to>
      </substitute>
      <substitute>
          <from>special://masterprofile/playlists/</from>
          <to>smb://tower/cache/.xbmcData/playlists/</to>
      </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

XBMC Log - http://pastebin.com/PFZuVYYn
I would say this is your problem if you have XBMC set to scan for new content at start up.
Code:
    <videolibrary>
    </videolibrary

If XBMC loads and scans before your network shares are ready then it will think they have been removed and it will delete your library.
block134 Wrote:I would say this is your problem if you have XBMC set to scan for new content at start up.
Code:
    <videolibrary>
    </videolibrary

If XBMC loads and scans before your network shares are ready then it will think they have been removed and it will delete your library.

Hmmm never thought of that - any ideas for how to manage cleaning the library when rips are always being replaced by propers or web dls? Could just remove the update on startup, but new content is added almost daily, and its nice having it updated all the time!
If you create a Python script called autoexec.py in your userdata folder XBMC will run this script when it starts. If this file contains:

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("CleanLibrary(video)")
xbmc.executebuiltin("CleanLibrary(music)")

Then the result will be to do a clean on startup just like the advancedsettings.xml option. However you can enhance the script to check for the existance of the network shares e.g. look for some known file on them, and then either abort or delay for a bit if the network share isn't found.

JR
Your other option would be to delay the start up of XBMC to give the network shares a chance to come up. This maybe something else that may work http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...uto_Update. You can disable the update on start up and let this do its thing every hour or so and it should allow you add a delay so it wont scan at start up. I don't know if it will work with the advancedsettings.xml for the clean or not but I would think that it does.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Losing All Files in Library on Startup :S0