[Windows] HOW-TO Stream content on XBMC through the Internet!
Hey guys. Hopefully this does not violate any rules or anything like that with this post.

Anyhow, i wanted to share some of my content on the internet, basically streaming on XBMC.

Been searching and trying out stuff for a while when i came up with the solution. VPN!

Basically all you have to do is to use Hamachi, create a private network online, and then share your stuff via Windows Share (SMB)

It's just as easy as it sounds. Hopefully this will help someone.

Thanks Smile

EDIT: Ofcourse i can make a step-by-step guide if anyone is interested.

EDIT2: I do not take responsibility for any problems you may encounter. Thanks
ive sent you a PM im definately interested in this, not sure if its against rules or not thats why i pm'd you, ive also sent you my email, cheers
Hopefully this is alright, but this is XBMC's Forum made for their software and i do not want to tell people how to use it in a way that they do not approve of!

Anyhow, replied Smile
Why would this be against any rules? There's also a bunch of VPN guides floating around here, but feel free to contribute another if you wish.

A word of warning, this will be slow as heck and full of buffering frustration if you do not have a really fast upstream connection in your home.
Ned Scott Wrote:Why would this be against any rules? There's also a bunch of VPN guides floating around here, but feel free to contribute another if you wish.

A word of warning, this will be slow as heck and full of buffering frustration if you do not have a really fast upstream connection in your home.

I dont know, i was just being precautias. And i have not been able to find a guide using VPN anywhere to be honest.

Anyhow, i've been managing to upstream HD quality with very little buffering with my 10mbps connection. Managing say XVID should be done easily with most connections.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] HOW-TO Stream content on XBMC through the Internet!0