GT430 questions before buying. Help needed.
the XFX HD-645X-ZQH2 is exactly what i have in my HTPC!
check link in my signature!
its play anything i throw at it smoothly
Thanks eskro. If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me.
FTW!!!
I also can vouch for the amd 6450. I use the fanless Asus version for over a year, flawlessly.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
yeah 6450 rocks man
So I've had the HD6450 in my system for about five days now and (fingers crossed) it works like a dream. I simply removed all the old Nvidia drivers, then put the new card in. It was easy to fit in (although like an idiot I spent some time looking for a power connector because it's been so long since I had a graphics card that didn't one). Everything worked once the drivers were installed, and after a number of HD films and HD TV shows I'm very happy. No more judder.

Thanks.
right on man!! HD6450 FTW!!
Hey, hey everyone I have asked on a couple of other forms I'm still struggling to find the right answer, I only have a 200w picopsu. And I was looking at getting the gt430 cuz my need to play 1080 I from my pvr, also would like to bitstream from the avr.
Intel motherboard with l3 2100. Would I be able to run the gt430 , or any 200w capable card would be better for my requirments?
(2012-08-10, 00:31)ibramadhan Wrote: Hey, hey everyone I have asked on a couple of other forms I'm still struggling to find the right answer, I only have a 200w picopsu. And I was looking at getting the gt430 cuz my need to play 1080 I from my pvr, also would like to bitstream from the avr.
Intel motherboard with l3 2100. Would I be able to run the gt430 , or any 200w capable card would be better for my requirments?
I thought that I answered this in another thread. 200W pico should be enough for i3+GT430.....I doubt that i3 will ever reach the 65W TDP with blu-ray playback and I doubt that you can max out GT430 at 60W TDP with blu-ray playback either....

This place "ZOTAC Z68ITX-B-E Mini-ITX PC Kit, Intel Core i3-2100, Z68 Express, GeForce GT 430, WI-FI" is selling their i3+GT430 HTPC with PicoPSU-160-XT: 160W Mini DC-DC Power Supply-------

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Apologies if this is a bit of a hijack.. But a similar dilemma to the OP. Been out of the HTPC scene for years.

Am rebuilding what was a windows box to primarily be a linux XBMC box for media. If a little money spent makes it a casual gaming rig at the TV all the better but a secondary motivation. Also I am in Thailand so dont have nearly as much choice to just hit newegg or something. I am looking at passive cards that are available here..

I was advised and understood that linux avoid ATI (??) so came up with

GTS450
GT520 2GB (half the price of above)
GT210 (cheap.. like 40 bucks cheap).

I was almost ready to get the GTS450 and then read about macroblocking.. An issue ?? What precisely is / isnt an issue on which cards ??

This card is going to handle all audio over HDMI isnt it ?? Keep hearing vague warnings that not all HDMI cards do this fully, but little information on what to avoid.

Lastly I had written off ATI cards up to now, but this thread has so many people promoting them. If going linux is ATI a possible option ?? Rock solid stability and smooth playback are the main things, some light casual gaming (even only at 1280x720) would be a plus.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GT430 questions before buying. Help needed.0