TV Shows in .VOB format
I have searched the web, the forum and the wiki, in an attempt to find out how i can rip my dvds to my NAS in the .vob format (video_ts/audio_ts folders). Lots of answers but none of them worked for me. I'm using the third beta of XBMCbuntu (Eden).

It is not a problem when I rip movies, but when its a TV show, i can't make it work.

I'm trying to rip disc one of the Blackadder box, and have tried to place the files in all kinds of structures. No luck though.

Has anyone made this work yet? I would love the solution to be out of the box, no advancedsettings.xml and no .nfo files.
What are you trying to accomplish by ripping them into .vobs? Do you want them to show as individual episodes or as a whole disc or something else?
You can't do it (nicely at least) with VOB and no advancedsettings.xml

You can do it easily with an ISO (either per-episode or one for the entire disk) instead - just name them with S0xE0y in the filename (multiples with S0xE0yE0z etc.)

Personally I'd take the time to do a single file per episode as it's a hell of a lot nicer to organise.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Personally I'd take the time to do a single file per episode as it's a hell of a lot nicer to organise.

Aye

Although I've never done TV series, a program like Handbrake should be able to discern by episode and then you just make one mkv (or mp4) per episode. With the ability to queue jobs, you also don't need to wait for the rip to finish, just add the episode jobs one by one.

A quick google search of "handbrake episode splitting" also returns a bunch of promising hits already on the first page
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Alright then, just checking.

I'm ripping to .MKVs now, and that seems to work.
There you go! Nice that you got set Smile
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows in .VOB format0