[RELEASE] NHL Videocenter
(2013-09-13, 02:53)membrane Wrote: I've noticed that the add-on does not work on fresh installs. I will provide a fix for that in the next days.

Hi,

Thank you for a great plugin! Smile

Any progress on this fix? I've noticed that the plugin hasn't been working since I upgraded to a nightly Gotham build a while back.
Just enable "Add description to title" in the settings. This will create a directory in the "addon_data", which is needed to store some cookie information.

Sorry for the delay, I'm adding some new features.
(2013-10-25, 17:38)membrane Wrote: Just enable "Add description to title" in the settings. This will create a directory in the "addon_data", which is needed to store some cookie information.

Sorry for the delay, I'm adding some new features.

That seems to have done the trick for everything except the "NHL Tonight" channel. It doesn't list any games since January 2013, and even the old games fail to play. Could that be something wrong on my side or has the NHL changed something that "breaks" this part of the add-on?

Take all the time you need getting the update ready, happy to hear that there will be extra features!
I will release an update this week. NHL Tonight will be fixed, the team channels will be accesable and the folder structure of the add-on will be improved. I've cleaned the code, so this add-on might find its way into the official repo in the near future.
Almost everything should be working now with 1.0.2. Unfortunatly, if you select the "Game Highlights" in the Team channels, it will display every match, not just a selection. There could be some minor errors due to the character encoding, please post anything related.

I don't know if it works for OSX/ATV users, I would like a confirmation.
Working great for me under both Win7 and OS X Mavericks. Not noticed any issues with character encoding so far.

Great work, much appreciated!
Hi,

There seems to be some issue with the add-on again. The last few days the NHL Tonight channel (and perhaps other channels as well, I didn't test them) hadn't been working for me. Today I upgraded to Gotham alpha 10 for a few other reasons and found that the NHL Tonight channel was working again. Whether that was a coincidence or not I really have no idea.

However, over the course of the evening the add-on has been throwing "script failed!" errors on-screen every other minute or so, so I turned on debugging and got this: http://pastebin.com/VvjQZ1kc

If you could look into this that would be much appreciated. This add-on makes my daily task to see every goal and highlight from the NHL so much easier Wink

(Oh, and if it's ok to throw in a feature request as well: an option to hide the scores when viewing the NHL Tonight channel would be very welcome!)

Thanks!
Well, this add-on will be back from the dead. I will upload a fixed version today.
Great idea for a Kodi Add-On...found this looking specifically for a Kodi app that streamed the highlights and nightly videos from NHL.com. The Lighter Side is particularly funny. But also the player suspensions, shootouts, and 3v3OT videos are awesome and its great accessing them from Kodi.

That said, with out work the NHL Video Center add-on is completely broken, at least on my OSMC Kodi build.

After install, most video sections get "NameError: global name 'os' is not defined", this is easily solved by adding "import os" on the second line of: ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.nhlvideocenter/default.py

Once that's corrected the videos play. The next issue occurs when you try to go to the next page in a section - you can't. From the debug log you get:
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
Error Contents: local variable 'i' referenced before assignment
MENUTYPE_1(url)
i = i + 1
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'i' referenced before assignment

Not sure how to fix that... It would be awesome if you could get it working. Also, is there an official repo for this addon for updates? Hopefully you haven't given up on this addon... with a little polish it has the potential of being my favorite Kodi app!
I have updated my add-on to use the new interface at video.nhl.com. The quality of the videos is pretty sweet (high bitrate, 720p and 60fps). Download it via my new repo (https://github.com/prof-membrane/reposit...brane/wiki).

The server is pretty slow sometimes, so the add-on might return some errors. Please check the website before filing a bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NHL Videocenter0