keymaps, etc.
I am using an HTTP remote to control XBMC (iRule). Trying to navigate the lists of music more easily, as I have a ton of music. Need to be able to skip forward to a certain letter. My plan was to use the remote to send the letter, for instance A and get it to press the keys "Shift A" which would then send me to the A's. Sounded plausible, but I can't get it to work.

In my effort, I copied the original file for keyboard to a different name, and replaced the keyboard file with this very simple one, that has only one entry:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<a mod="shift">keypress, a</a>
</keymap>

I have tried it with and without the word "keypress", but get nothing.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Stephen.
The key mapping file associates a keypress (real or simulated) with an XBMC function. The mapping:

<a mod="shift">keypress, a</a>

associates shift-A with the function "keypress, a" and no such function exists. I've commented in the other bthread on this subject - in brief I don't think there is any way to do what you want.

The topic of jumping in file lists has been the subject of much debate within the team. The problem is that XBMC uses normal keypresses for functions e.g. "P" for "Play", "S" for "Stop" etc. I have experimented with patches to make letters jump in lists, but it's not satisfactory because some letters will jump while others will execute functions. It's been suggested that we should abandon the use of unmodified keys to execute functions, but that would annoy countless users (including me).

There are JumpSMSn actions that simulate the text entry from phone keypads, however there is no access to these from the HTTP API. This could be added to the HTTP API, but since the API is deprecated (which is a decision i don't agree with) I'm reluctant to put the effort in to code this.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keymaps, etc.0