Sound output question
Greetings,

I've been fortunate to receive a lot of help here the last 24 hours and am looking to get my last question I think I have left.

With my main computer functioning as an htpc as well, I'm hoping to have my TV handle only sound for xbmc, with my computer speakers handling the rest of sounds my computer might want to make (itunes, internet, etc)

I've searched around and figure there is/should be a way to do this, but cannot seem to determine how. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all!
Only way that might work is with HDMI->TV setup in XBMC but leave the Windows default audio device as "Speakers and Headphones"
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
It worked for a moment, then I tried to play something else and it didn't want to play.

Hmm
Glad to help Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
i now have zero sound. that's not good.
If you use HDMI set HDMI in your XBMC settings for output device, but leave Windows default set to speakers.

You cannot use a Wasapi output driver in XBMC and get sound from anything else though - you must use DirectSound or Wasapi will lock out every other application from using sound.
"Failed to initialize audio device.
Check your audio settings."

That's what I'm getting while trying to play anything. My settings look like this:

Any idea where my sound went?
it seems having ac3 and dts settings on didn't help. all appears to be good now. thanks for your help dddamian
No problem - glad to help. You found out (correctly) that passthrough formats cannot be mixed with other system sounds Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound output question0