Sharing libraries
Hi.

I have tried following the Wiki but I can't get it working.
My main XBMC (192.168.1.230 - \\media-pc. This machine is the main xbmc and hosts also the mysql server) is having all the files.

D: for movies
E: for TV shows.

I have setup mysql and got that working.

In videos under both installations, which dir's should be added? On the main pc, just E: and D: ? Which dirs should be added on the other install? SMB://media-pc/E: and D: ?

These are my advacesettings.xml.

media-pc:

<advancesettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.230</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>****</pass>
</videodatabase>
</advancedsettings>

other xbmc install:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.230</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>****</pass>
</videodatabase>

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://****:****@media-pc/Users/media/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

</advancedsettings>

Thanks for any help
The way this is suppose to work is you have one computer that has your media on and is scraped by a computer. When it is scraped that media is added to MySQL. The rest of the computers do not have to scrape the media since it is all ready in the MySQL database. As long as the advancedsettings.xml all have the same info for the MySQL server then all of the computers should be able to see MySQL.

When you add the media on the "server" computer you will want to add it as a SMB and not E: or D:. If you are using an Eden version there should be an option for SMB, just click on that and you should be able to see the folders you are sharing. To do that you want to make sure you have the folders shared and that all of the computers access to those shares with username and password if needed. Something else to make sure is to allow the port for MySQL through your firewall for both inbound and outbound.

There are some nice guides for setting this up with SMB on the internet with a google search, I used this one when I did mine http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house ignore the part talking about <name>xbmc_video</name> it isn't needed in Eden.
Great. Got it working now. Thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sharing libraries0