• 14(current)
[RELEASE] Sickbeard XBMC - Control Sickbeard from XBMC

Here is a screenshot of the log file right after trying to download an episode, set status, ... Hope it helps!
(2015-12-09, 23:52)Bresso Wrote: Thanks for replying, and for trying to help!

I found a micro SD card and used that. The firetv saw it and even added data on it. But Kodi couldn't copy anything on it. It could read stuff off it, just not copy.

I did have to side load kodi through Es explorer. I just found out about kodi log uploaded. I'll try that.

In any case, thank your for your help and for a great add on! Smile

While doing a little research yesterday before my previous reply, trying to find an easy way to suggest getting your log file, I came across an addon called something like Kodi Log Uploader. When I went to the website where I believe the files are uploaded, there was a message of some sort that the domain had expired, or the website was shut down, or something like that. If we are even talking about the same addon. If that works for you, that's great. Bare in mind that you want to retrieve and delete that log off a service like that as soon as possible, as your log file may contain, usernames, passwords, and API keys.

On my Android box, I was able to copy the Kodi log file to an SD card using the Kodi > System > File Manager. You do have to turn on Show Hidden files in Kodi, but I assume you did that.

Have you tried using ES Explorer to copy the log file to an SD card? I was able to on my Android box. And it worked fine for me. Make sure that you have "Show hidden files" turned on in Settings > Display.

On my system the path to the log file is:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

See this link as a reference:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=236155

If you learn what the path is to your kodi.log file, I'd be curious to know what it is, if it's different from the above/

In ES Explorer activate the select feature, check kodi.log, select Copy, navigate to your inserted SD card, mine was called "sdcard1" and Paste the file on the SD card.

This whole issue of getting log files from Android boxes makes me wonder if I should write an addon that emails a log file to the user, so this one simple step isn't such an ordeal. I would think emailing the log direct to an individual would be a better, simpler and arguably more secure way to transfer a log file, than trusting a 3rd party's server/service to store it for you. It's pretty ridiculous in this day and age, having to use "sneaker net" to get a file from one room in our home to another using an SD card or thumb drive. Smile

Another way of getting files off an Android box on your network is to install a Samba Android app. There are many on the Google Play App Store, I have no idea if there are any on the Amazon App Store, or if that feature is locked down on a Fire TV. But it's another possibility.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I can only think at this point that there are extra considerations to be made when creating a Kodi addon app when it runs on a Fire TV. If that turns out to be the case, then I'd be happy to take those steps to allow for Fire TV compatibility. I'm wondering if it's a file/folder permissions issue with the Fire TV. I'm guessing based on how the features you say aren't working, are actually links to separate Python files that aren't being allowed to run in the addon. I've also found some references in various forums of some other addons having permission problems due to side loading on a Fire TV. You are so far the first Fire TV owner I've heard back from.

I guess I could give you typical Microsoft Tech Support advice, and suggest you uninstall and reinstall both the addon, and even Kodi. Smile I don't hold much hope for it personally. But who knows.
I installed kodi log uploader and when it didn't work, I tried kodi log viewer where the screenshot in my previous post is from. It hopefully should help you. For some reason, it's upside down, I apologize.

I'll try to reinstall the add-on. I have kodi pretty much the way I want it, so I'll avoid doing that again. I'll also try your suggestions to finally get that log file. It's crazy that it's this difficult to get to it, as you said!
So I uninstalled and reinstalled your add-on and things now work as they should. Sorry for not trying to do that first... Wink. Thanks again, and keep up the good work!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Sickbeard XBMC - Control Sickbeard from XBMC2