• 7(current)
[RELEASE] Sickbeard XBMC - Control Sickbeard from XBMC
(2012-11-21, 04:11)bradatkins Wrote: Anyone else having issues trying to add a new show?

20:59:43 T:162627584 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
20:59:43 T:162627584 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
20:59:43 T:162627584 ERROR: Error Contents: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
20:59:43 T:162627584 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.program.sickbeard/resources/lib/addshow.py", line 103, in <module>
AddShow()
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.program.sickbeard/resources/lib/addshow.py", line 25, in AddShow
selected_show = ShowSelectMessage(search_results)
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.program.sickbeard/resources/lib/addshow.py", line 46, in ShowSelectMessage
formatted_shows.append(show['name']+" - ("+show['first_aired']+")")
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
20:59:43 T:162627584 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

Looks like sickbeard is throwing that, can you add that show from the UI?

-edit sorry realized this was the wrong thread.
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.
(2012-11-21, 04:11)bradatkins Wrote: Anyone else having issues trying to add a new show?

20:59:43 T:162627584 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
20:59:43 T:162627584 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
20:59:43 T:162627584 ERROR: Error Contents: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
20:59:43 T:162627584 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.program.sickbeard/resources/lib/addshow.py", line 103, in <module>
AddShow()
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.program.sickbeard/resources/lib/addshow.py", line 25, in AddShow
selected_show = ShowSelectMessage(search_results)
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.program.sickbeard/resources/lib/addshow.py", line 46, in ShowSelectMessage
formatted_shows.append(show['name']+" - ("+show['first_aired']+")")
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
20:59:43 T:162627584 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

I was getting this error as well and just patched it. I've submitted the patch to the google code repo but I have a feeling the author has abandoned the project. If so I will probably fork it and so that the project is active again (Maniaczm let me know if this project is still alive). You can find my patch at:
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard-xbmc/...etail?id=5

If you're not familiar with patch files, you need to remove the lines beginning with '-' and add the lines beginning with '+'. I would post the patch here but there are stupid control characters in the original code which wouldn't translate well in this text.
Sorry for the long absence but I am back to being available to work on this project. I have added the change to the source code that you have made phek. Looks good reading it, need to get my dev environment back up and running to test it along with some of the other issues that have arisen. My old laptop died on me so I have to set up my dev environment again to get these changes live. I will also take a look at adding new features, refactor and possibly refresh the UI. In the meantime if anyone would like to join the project feel free to message me with a gmail account and I'll add you as a contributor for the project. Thanks
Unfortunately I'm not able to get the add-on running. I'm using a windows 7 HTPC computer with sickbeard on the hard drive. But when I enter my own ip address or url, it is unable to find sickbeard (I've to check the ip address or port). I have enabled the API key, and the rest of the settings are standard. Could anyone give me a quick tutorial or tip to solve this problem?
fantastic, trying this now. Is couch potato been added yet? Thanks
Nevermind, I found an issue with my setup; Disregard this message! Smile
Hi, I'm trying to run this on frodo and I'm just getting an error unable to connect to sickbeard. Then I click on ok and xbmc crashes.
I know the ip and port are correct. Is it possible to use api instead?
Thanks
Is this plugin functional on XBMC for Apple TV 2?
If so, can the Sickbeard plugin be added from the XBMC Add-Ons menu, using the "install from .zip" option?

I've placed the sickbeard zip on my Apple TV2 home directory, but the zip is not shown when I browse from the XBMC add-ins menu on my ATV2.

Thanks
Seems like this add-on does not work with Frodo. Shame because sickbeard is awesome (even though Frodo no longer supports .tbn files).
Anyone know of a working branch of this?
Anybody? So many people use this that I can't imagine it just died.
Hi there,

Using version 1.0.9 from the XBMC repo, I receive a "script failed" error when I try to access any of the three submenus within the addon root. Here is a link to my xbmc.log:

Code:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=41570

Would you be able to give me a hand with this problem?

Ask the best, and thank you for your selfless work,
Elliot.
Just discovered this plugin.
Thank you Maniaczm for your work!
Too bad, it looks like the sickbeard addon incompatible with my current setup, Gotham with Aeon MQ5 skin.
For Gotham just edit this line in addon.xml:

Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>

to:

<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>

For new installs, edit then install as zip from source.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Sickbeard XBMC - Control Sickbeard from XBMC2