• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Sickbeard XBMC - Control Sickbeard from XBMC
jdbrookes Wrote:Just been trying this out, it works great!

It may not be possible, but how far can you go in terms of integration with the XBMC library? I am imagining the following scenario :

1. You have 4 episodes of a show downloaded.
2. When you finish watching the 4th (and last) episode downloaded in your library, sickbeardxbmc pops up a dialog asking if you would like to download additional episodes (if additional episodes are available, of course)
3. This dialog box allows you to download just the next episode, or you can use selection boxes to select any number of future episodes for that season, or you could just "download next 5 episodes" or "download entire season".
4. Similarly, when you watch the final episode of a season, sickbeardxbmc prompts you if you would like to download the next season (if available).
5. And again, if you reach the final episode of a running season (ie the next episode will be shown next week or whatever), sickbeardxbmc can ask if you wish to unpause the show (if it is indeed paused).

I'm not sure if this would even be possible, but since I know trakt utilities has the capability to pop up a dialogue to rate an episode when you're done watching the episode, perhaps sickbeardxbmc can do something along these lines?

Great work so far!

I really like the concept of these scenarios. I'll take a look at the trakt code and see how that is accomplished. I had a similar idea while developing this but my idea was that everything would be self contained in the plugin. Basically when you are in the manage shows section of the plugin you can play any episode marked as downloaded. It would just link the downloaded shows to the library, so you can use the plugin as if it were the tv show section of XBMC but would also allow you to download the new episodes.

I can see issues with both of these solutions, but I'm sure the core functionality we are both talking about is possible, and is something I want to do. As this plugin starts to stabilize and I work on new features I will definitely add this to the list!
(2012-03-08, 20:28)salnajjar Wrote:
Maniaczm Wrote:Hmm, didn't even think of that. My original server was set up in a similar way with Apache but when I changed to new hardware I went with cherrypy. Should have considered this during development, bah! Big Grin

I can think of a few fixes off the top of my head, I'll add this to the list of tasks to work on this weekend. I might just add an optional setting where you can add the full URL instead of just the IP/Port as a quick fix later today. But I think a cleaner way of doing it will take more time, I'll see what I can do...

Many thanks, I've checked your code out of SVN and updated it to include a "directory" option, unfortunately it will break for anyone who's not setup the same as me and my python skills are so terrible that I won't shame myself by posting the svn diff...

I've updated the plugin to 1.0.7 which includes a custom URL option in the settings. This version also adds the following:

- Added Manual Search functionality for episodes.
- Added Force Search and change pause state functionality to the Manage Shows menu.
- Improved error messages. (Now displays errors for missing or incorrect IP/port. Incorrect username/password and API key not enabled.)
- Misc. changes.
Updated the version to 1.0.8 and added another new feature which is the ability to delete a show. The plugin will prompt you before deleting so hopefully accidents won't happen Smile. I wanted to add more features to mimic the web interface so you could do most of the same things from this plugin. But some things like editing a show or renaming episodes doesn't seem to be available through the API.

I am working on a way to play episodes marked as downloaded currently and I have a few ideas that are just look and feel changes. I am open to suggestions for development, so please feel free to add suggestions!
With this running do I still need to have my Command prompt window open for sickbeard console?

I have Windows 7 and to have sickbeard always on I need to have sickbeard console always open/minimized.... But I hate having it clutter my toolbar!
(2012-03-15, 05:36)crimsonfury Wrote: With this running do I still need to have my Command prompt window open for sickbeard console?

I have Windows 7 and to have sickbeard always on I need to have sickbeard console always open/minimized.... But I hate having it clutter my toolbar!

This plugin will not replace how you currently run Sickbeard. Think of this plugin kind of like the web interface for Sickbeard, it's a way of interacting with the Sickbeard server. Are you running Sickbeard as an executable that you have to start manually? If so you should try running Sickbeard as a Windows service so it starts up in the background when you boot the PC. I don't have any experience setting this up with Sickbeard specifically but I found a guide on how you can accomplish this here http://techbungalow.com/2012/run-any-pro...n-windows/. Hope this helps!
(2012-03-15, 05:36)crimsonfury Wrote: With this running do I still need to have my Command prompt window open for sickbeard console?

Righclick on sickbeard.py choose open with pytonw. The you font have to have a consoll up
I don't have any sickbeard.py
Does this install Sickbeard on the computer or will it need to have already been installed?
My HTPC - | Ubuntu 12.04 | XBMC 12.0 Frodo | SilverStone LC20B | Asus F1A75-M PRO FM1 | AMD A8-3870 3.0GHZ | Nvidia Ge Force GT 430 | Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4GB | Antec 520W ATX NEO 520C ECO PSU | 64GB Corsair SSD | 5 x 2TB Green HDD | HD Homerun | Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit USB | Astraweb Usenet | SABnzbd+ | CouchPotato | SickBeard
(2012-03-22, 07:29)mccarneychris Wrote: Does this install Sickbeard on the computer or will it need to have already been installed?

No, it does not install Sickbeard. This is just a front end application for an already existing Sickbeard installation. In the plugin settings you add the IP and port that your Sickbeard server is running on.
Is there any info on how to install sickbeard on XBMCBuntu and have it auto start when HTPC turns on. I do still want it to boot directly into XBMC though, but would like sickbeard to start on start up...?

thanks for your help Maniaczm!
My HTPC - | Ubuntu 12.04 | XBMC 12.0 Frodo | SilverStone LC20B | Asus F1A75-M PRO FM1 | AMD A8-3870 3.0GHZ | Nvidia Ge Force GT 430 | Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4GB | Antec 520W ATX NEO 520C ECO PSU | 64GB Corsair SSD | 5 x 2TB Green HDD | HD Homerun | Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit USB | Astraweb Usenet | SABnzbd+ | CouchPotato | SickBeard
(2012-03-24, 00:09)mccarneychris Wrote: Is there any info on how to install sickbeard on XBMCBuntu and have it auto start when HTPC turns on. I do still want it to boot directly into XBMC though, but would like sickbeard to start on start up...?

thanks for your help Maniaczm!

I am unfamiliar with XBMCUbuntu specifically but my main server runs Ubuntu. Not sure if there is something that makes this OS more difficult to set these supplemental apps but I found this guide for installing Sickbeard, CouchPotato and SabNZB+ on Linux Mint (A bit different but essentially the same) here: http://www.ainer.org/sick-beard-install-...linux-mint.
Awesome addon, thank you so much.

One thing i would really love to see is airdate in the manage shows/downloaded list.
Even better would be the episode description in the info and any other info sickbeard exposes about an episode.

Thank you so much!

(2012-03-26, 07:32)bluenote Wrote: Awesome addon, thank you so much.

One thing i would really love to see is airdate in the manage shows/downloaded list.
Even better would be the episode description in the info and any other info sickbeard exposes about an episode.

Thank you so much!

Thanks! I am currently working on a fairly large update to this plugin that will link more info to the shows. I am trying to link the shows to the XBMC library so you can see the hi-res posters/banners, episode screens, and fanart while browsing through the app. Also attempting to make it so you can play files marked as downloaded directly from the plugin. Part of this is making it feel more like a media browser, which will allow me to display the info you are speaking about to the user as well. Basically all the info you see while browsing the TV section of XBMC should end up displaying in the Sickbeard plugin.

It's coming along but there are a few snags here and there I am hitting. Trying to make it so the plugin works just as well with these new features as it does without, just in case people don't have these things set up in XBMC. I have no planned release date quite yet but I am thinking of doing these updates in chunks. I'll update this thread when they start to roll out!
Hey thanks for the response.
I would give precedence to info provided from sickbeard and then supplement from xbmc, just my thought.

My plugin gives me an error on addshow.py after searching for "the voice". Any ideas off the top?
thanks!
EDIT: actually, it is any search under add shows.

(2012-03-27, 00:42)Maniaczm Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 07:32)bluenote Wrote: Awesome addon, thank you so much.

Thank you so much!

Thanks! I am currently working on a fairly large update to this plugin that will link more info to the shows. I am trying to link the shows to the XBMC library so you can see the hi-res posters/banners, episode screens, and fanart while browsing through the app. Also attempting to make it so you can play files marked as downloaded directly from the plugin. Part of this is making it feel more like a media browser, which will allow me to display the info you are speaking about to the user as well. Basically all the info you see while browsing the TV section of XBMC should end up displaying in the Sickbeard plugin.

It's coming along but there are a few snags here and there I am hitting. Trying to make it so the plugin works just as well with these new features as it does without, just in case people don't have these things set up in XBMC. I have no planned release date quite yet but I am thinking of doing these updates in chunks. I'll update this thread when they start to roll out!

Thanks for this addon, love it! Ever thought about doing one for CouchPotato too? Big Grin
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Sickbeard XBMC - Control Sickbeard from XBMC2