Google Music for XBMC
Hi!

I'm would like to write a Google Music Addon für XBMC.
That should allow streaming of your uploaded and bought music from Google Music to the XBMC.

I found a very nice implementation of an API:
https://github.com/simon-weber/Unofficia...-Music-API

Because I'm not so familiar with Python, I have a few questions:
I need the following packages to run the API:
Currently, the following third party modules are used:
  • decorator
  • mutagen
  • protobuf
  • mechanize
  • validictory 0.8.1+
Where do i get the right versions and how do a install it to XBMC?

Quote:"The API has been tested on Python 2.7.2 on Linux."
Does the XBMC run that version of Python? Rolleyes

I'm looking forward to your answers, I need every possible input.

all the best,
Tulan
xbmc runs whatever python 2.x is supplied by the system on linux. 2.7.x on windows/osx/ios.
you can access these modules just like you would normally in a python env. however, for such an add-on to be accepted in the xbmc repositories, these modules need to be supplied as script.modules.
mechanize is already available, the rest you would have to do yourself. it's quite simple, see here for the mechanize one
Many of the python modules that are required for the unofficial Google Music api are written for recent versions of Python. If you are looking to keep compatibility with XBMC, you'll need to go through each of the modules and do some basic updates to make them Python 2.4 compatible.

I've been playing with the concept and have my Linux / Eden XBMC box pulling down the listing of all my Google Music content, but I have issues getting it to run properly on my Windows / Dharma box. The core code runs fine outside of XBMC, but there's something about the way things are run inside the XBMC Python environment that I can't figure out.
I've been checking this forum frequently over the last couple of months for a Google Music addon but since I haven't seen much progress I've decided to try and build one myself and so far I've managed to get the most basic functionality working.
In case anyone else is still working on this maybe we can merge what we've done so far into a single project and go from there.

Mine is hosted on github: https://github.com/vially/googlemusic-xbmc

I've only tested it on Linux / Eden so far and apparently it's working all right but you should have the Unofficial-Google-Music-API installed on your system because I didn't have time yet to implement it and it's dependencies as script.modules as suggested by spiff.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers!
script.module.mutagen is available here -> https://github.com/Giftie/script.module.mutagen
script.module.mechanize is availabe through the official repo already. Add the following in your addon.xml to have it included:
Code:
<import addon="script.module.mechanize" version="0.2.5"/>
I've created 3 more repositories for each module required by gmusicapi:

Now I'll try to submit them to the official repositories and if they'll be accepted I'll try to submit the gmusicapi module as well:
https://github.com/vially/xbmc-gmusicapi

However, in order to do that the mutagen module would also need to be in the official add-on repository.

@giftie do you think you could be able to submit a request for it to be included in the official repos?

Cheers!
This looks phenomenal vially! I'll be trying it tonight. Hope to see it in the repos soon!
I can't get any of these respitories to install in XBMC. I am running windows 7 and have python 2.7.3 installed along with the unofficial google api. Any ideas?
wow good work any chance you can make this work on AppleTV2
(2012-06-12, 05:19)vially Wrote: I've created 3 more repositories for each module required by gmusicapi:

Now I'll try to submit them to the official repositories and if they'll be accepted I'll try to submit the gmusicapi module as well:
https://github.com/vially/xbmc-gmusicapi

However, in order to do that the mutagen module would also need to be in the official add-on repository.

@giftie do you think you could be able to submit a request for it to be included in the official repos?

Cheers!

It should be in the official repo now...
which one I can not see it anywhere
(2012-06-21, 01:11)dallasnights Wrote: which one I can not see it anywhere

Only the modules are added. Nothing a normal user could use
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok thank you can not wait to see the ATV2 version to try

Thanks
(2012-06-21, 00:14)giftie Wrote: It should be in the official repo now...

Thanks! I've added the gmusicapi module to the official repos as well.

(2012-06-21, 01:16)dallasnights Wrote: ok thank you can not wait to see the ATV2 version to try

@dallasnights I've just released a new slightly improved version which should greatly simplify the installation process. Please check the github project page for details and pay particular attention to the Known Issues paragraph since you will most likely be affected by that issue.

I've also created a new thread for this addon so please reply on that thread with any future issues and questions regarding this add-on: [WIP] Google Music Add-on
Is this addon available as a normal user? Thanks!
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Music for XBMC1