WASAPI sound issues when unpausing
Just an update here - the issue is fixed in AE, tracking of audio to video is very good, and very little lag in pausing/rewinding/skipping from the audio side.

WASAPI support for Windows Vista/7 now in AE branch, with full support for Exclusive mode, audiophile setting and event-driven buffering Cool
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:Just an update here - the issue is fixed in AE, tracking of audio to video is very good, and very little lag in pausing/rewinding/skipping from the audio side.

WASAPI support for Windows Vista/7 now in AE branch, with full support for Exclusive mode, audiophile setting and event-driven buffering Cool

That's great news. This has been an issue since I first installed XBMC (Dharma). The only fix is to use DirectSound which is shi*ty IMO. I have to say I am quite an audiophile myself. This might be a stupid question but do you know if/when someone will compile an installable build which merges AE and Beta2?

Piers
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Piers Wrote:That's great news. This has been an issue since I first installed XBMC (Dharma). The only fix is to use DirectSound which is shi*ty IMO. I have to say I am quite an audiophile myself. This might be a stupid question but do you know if/when someone will compile an installable build which merges AE and Beta2?

Piers

Unofficially within the week Big Grin will try to remember to update here, but if you track the main AudioEngine thread you'll get the blow-by-blow. Just working out a few kinks, but it's very testable now.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Get stutters too (soundcard: X-fi xtreme_music, win 64, xbmc rc2, 6450 ATI (only hdmi))
Similar rig. Used directsound, no stutters so far.

@Piers and PKOneTwo - if you want go to my thread here for the latest AE developments for Windows platforms.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WASAPI sound issues when unpausing0