XBMC4STB (XBMC for set top boxes)
I found this today, it's old information from 2011 but was news to me. Can anyone talk about how accurate/true etc this is?

XBMC4STB (XBMC for set top boxes) for namely the VU+ Duo

see link about half way down;

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/th...rdam.3197/

Any info from the devs would great on if they are partnering with the satelite stb guys or if this is a fork/offshoot of their work
There have been tiny rumblings about XBMC slowly making its way onto embedded devices. The port to iOS was a large first step, as the ARM platform is becoming more and more common (see: RaspberryPi.) Additionally, Sigma is (was?) in the process of porting it to their chipsets, though news has been sparse since the initial announcement.

I don't think you'll see XBMC running on a Comcast DVR anytime soon, though it seems as though Davilla has some secret projects that he isn't allowed to speak of publicly due to NDAs.

Also, lol @ "XBMC is programmed in Python"
maruchan Wrote:There have been tiny rumblings about XBMC slowly making its way onto embedded devices. The port to iOS was a large first step, as the ARM platform is becoming more and more common (see: RaspberryPi.) Additionally, Sigma is (was?) in the process of porting it to their chipsets, though news has been sparse since the initial announcement.

I don't think you'll see XBMC running on a Comcast DVR anytime soon, though it seems as though Davilla has some secret projects that he isn't allowed to speak of publicly due to NDAs.

Also, lol @ "XBMC is programmed in Python"

Ye, I've been following these developments for a while, I've an ATV2 downstairs with ios xbmc as an extra box and a raspberry pi on backorder for the next shipment.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3krwasijas54d9b

This is the pdf featured in the forum jpgs, just a little easier to read
Here is the new xbmc4stb box called prismcube http://prismcube.com/

Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y37XPG5grbo

Quote:Enrich your TV Experiences
PRISMCUBE, Ruby is equipped with the DVB - S2 Twin tuner in a mono housing.
With the help of the solid and cutting-edge technology in the PRISMCUBE, do not miss a minute of the action, by recording one show while enjoying another Live show simultaneously. Through the open and business neutral technology platform, our own Web-Kit based HbbTV solution provides combined services delivered via both broadcast and broadband. The Internet and broadcast services together will enable customers to experience watching TV moments more joyful. Customers can utilize Live TV and IP based services with ease.
Thanks to the versatile platform as a media player, PRISMCUBE provides various media formats for music, video, and photos. Enrich TV watching experience to the fullest extent. (XVID, AVI, MKV, RM/RMVB, MP4, Mov)

Quote:Prismatic Design
The design is another element that adds specialty to PRISMCUBE. It comes in a very compact and light-weight box. With the sleek and trendy look, customers will feel the originality and simplicity making PRISMCUBE stand out from other monotonous media players or set-top-box. PRISMCUBE also comes with lighting touch-sensor keys for "On" and "Stand-by" mode. On top of its compact and beautiful design, PRISMCUBE is equipped with all essential I/0s such as HDMI1.4, USB 2.0 port, S/PDIF, LAN, etc.

Quote:Smart Connection
PRISMCUBE features both LAN and built-in Wi-Fi for the easy access to the Internet services. Customers can enjoy web browsing and streaming services with ease on large-screen. This enables smart connection with surrounding devices such as smartphones and tablets. Customers can enjoy various applications such as media player and Air-player which will be available on ICS, Android or Windows Mobile. Examples include using iPhones or iPad as a remote control via Air-Player application.

Quote:Intuitively Beautiful Ul
PRISMCUBE comes with intuitively designed UI (User Interface). This straightforward and self-explanatory design will provide enhanced usability. Even for the new users,UI on PRISMCUBE is much easier to learn. With the growing use of multimedia as part of the Ul, motion video and vibrant Ul operations become important elements. The SD GUI (Graphic User Interface) of PRISMCUBE will bring more fresh and captivating "look-and-feel" to customers each time they use PRISMCUBE.
Another way to spice up the atmosphere is through diverse styles and themes of the Skins. PRISMCUBE brings radically different "look-and-feel" based on which skin is chosen. It Is all up to the customers to change the look to something more flashy or dramatic. PFIISMCUBE comes with three types of skins namely Confluence, Transparency, and Aeon-Nox. PRISMCUBE, Ruby puts emphasis on efficiency, usability, and high performances. Through the skins, customers can enjoy both entertainment and flexibility as they will be able to customize. Diverse themes and styles will always bring feelings like they are using new product each time as new skins are continuously added by independent developers. So go ahead and reflect your favorite "look-and-feel" on TV via PRISMCUBE.

Quote:Extend Your Entertainment Choices!
<Add-0ns> PRISMCUBE brings never-ending entertainment choices. With the most recent stable release (XBMC 11.0 Eden version), customers will always find something new to watch, listen to, and enjoy on Add-ons The Add-on programs are constantly being added all times thanks to independent developers. Customers will be provided with a new level of pleasure and convenience as XBMC feels very easy and neutral to utilize from their own living rooms. With the Add-on Manager, the programs can be easily installed/uninstalled or enabled/disabled, depending on the viewer's preference. So, it is the ultimate solution for home theater combined with various Add-Ons such as YouTube, Podcast, and Web Browsers. Feel tree to expand the range of entertainment choices through PRISMCUBE.
One of the most interesting features I think is the support of HbbTV within XBMC. While everybody might be able to setup a similar linux based dual-tuner system on his own, this is something quite special worth being mentioned again.
As far as I know they just implement opera for embedded for hbbtv. So no joy for xbmc user beside of marusys.
Yes, I know, old thread.

It looks like Prismcube staying in line with GPL and offering sources for XBMC and for their Openembedded OS.
http://update.prismcube.com/

The questions I'm asking myself are:
* Is Prismcube using standard Linux DVB Api ? so this would work with any dvb card ?
* Will Prismcube are willing to push their changes to XBMC mainline ?
* Will XBMC Team would approve such feature, that will work on one platform only (Linux) ?

Edit: It seems that I need to google a little bit better
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1476857

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC4STB (XBMC for set top boxes)0