• 59(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Hi

Ive been adding fanart to fanart.tv and it won't show up in xbmc unless I delete the ArtistInformation folder for the artist in question. How often does the addon check if there's a new xml in each server with newer fanart?

Thanks,
(2014-02-17, 14:05)javiermon Wrote: Hi

Ive been adding fanart to fanart.tv and it won't show up in xbmc unless I delete the ArtistInformation folder for the artist in question. How often does the addon check if there's a new xml in each server with newer fanart?

Thanks,

"To keep the number of calls to the outside providers down, AS only updates cache files every couple of weeks. So if you immediately want updated information, you need to delete the particular cache file (or the entire cache folder in ArtistInformation)."
Thanks
Hi there,

I've been using Artist Slideshow and it used to work up until today.
However, I had to reinstall the newest version 1.6 and since then it does not work anymore, even on a clean XBMC install. (XBMC v12.3, Windows 7, confluence skin using your 2 customized xml files).
I get an error whenever trying to run the script. Here the log below:

Code:
15:05:08 T:13732   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating fullscreen
15:05:08 T:13732   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To fullscreen
15:05:08 T:13732   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 12006
15:05:09 T:13732   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyMusicSongs.xml) ------
15:05:09 T:13732   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MusicVisualisation.xml) ------
15:05:09 T:13732    INFO: Loading skin file: MusicVisualisation.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
15:05:09 T:13732   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating RunScript(script.artistslideshow)
15:05:09 T:13732   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To RunScript(script.artistslideshow)
15:05:09 T:13732    INFO: initializing python engine.
15:05:09 T:13732   DEBUG: new python thread created. id=1
15:05:09 T:13732   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MusicOSD.xml) ------
15:05:09 T:13732    INFO: Loading skin file: MusicOSD.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
15:05:09 T:8564  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
15:05:09 T:8564   DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
15:05:09 T:8564  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:05:09 T:8564   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - The source file to load is C:\Users\kikou\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py
15:05:09 T:8564   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - Setting the Python path to C:\Users\kikou\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow;C:\Users\kikou\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Users\kikou\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib;C:\Users\kikou\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests2\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\python26.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages;
15:05:09 T:8564   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - Entering source directory C:\Users\kikou\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow
15:05:09 T:8564   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.artistslideshow" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
15:05:09 T:8564   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named requests
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\kikou\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 31, in <module>
                                                from resources.common.url import URL
                                              File "C:\Users\kikou\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\common\url.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                            ImportError: No module named requests
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:05:09 T:8564    INFO: Python script stopped
15:05:09 T:8564   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 8564 terminating
15:05:09 T:13732   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 1 (C:\Users\kikou\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py) to stop
15:05:09 T:13732   DEBUG: python thread 1 (C:\Users\kikou\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py) destructed

If anyone can help this would be great.

Best regards,

chgr
(2014-02-17, 16:19)chgr Wrote: Hi there,

However, I had to reinstall the newest version 1.6 and since then it does not work anymore, even on a clean XBMC install. (XBMC v12.3, Windows 7, confluence skin using your 2 customized xml files).
I get an error whenever trying to run the script. Here the log below:

Code:
                                              File "C:\Users\kikou\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\common\url.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                            ImportError: No module named requests

If anyone can help this would be great.

Best regards,

chgr

Well, I'm kind of replying to myself, but I've managed to get it working by changing the import statement and the calls from requests to requests2 in url.py.
In fact, it seems request2 is installed by addon.xml, but not requests, so the calls to requests in url.py didn't work.

There is probably some better solution to this issue, in which case I'll gladly take your advice.

Best regards,

chgr
(2014-02-17, 17:06)chgr Wrote:

Well, I'm kind of replying to myself, but I've managed to get it working by changing the import statement and the calls from requests to requests2 in url.py.
In fact, it seems request2 is installed by addon.xml, but not requests, so the calls to requests in url.py didn't work.

There is probably some better solution to this issue, in which case I'll gladly take your advice.

That's the best fix for now. I'm submitting a new version to the repo right now. Apologizes for that. I tested this with a clean user data folder, but apparently the older requests module was still available somewhere on my system, so I never got that error.
(2014-02-17, 19:38)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 17:06)chgr Wrote:

That's the best fix for now. I'm submitting a new version to the repo right now. Apologizes for that. I tested this with a clean user data folder, but apparently the older requests module was still available somewhere on my system, so I never got that error.

And now there's a different problem. The fix I pushed into production now breaks on every machine I have claiming that the module requests2 doesn't exist. So I don't know which one is right. I checked the requests2 module, and according to the init.py it is still called requests even though the module is requests2. At this point I can't tell if AS is broken now for everyone or just me. In fact, I can't even install AS from the repo anymore (it says install failed, I'm hoping that's a temporary thing). I'll have to look at this later, but for now there's a pretty good chance that 1.6.1 is broken.
(2014-02-17, 17:06)chgr Wrote: Well, I'm kind of replying to myself, but I've managed to get it working by changing the import statement and the calls from requests to requests2 in url.py.

Could you post the exact changes to the code you made? When I try and import requests2 it tells me the module doesn't exist. The only way I can get the code to work is to download requests2 and then import requests. I know I don't have any other copy of requests on my system, because if I remove script.module.requests2 then I get an error saying the module requests doesn't exist. If I put script.module.requests2 back it works fine with import requests again.
Hi

Is this related to what you are discussing above?

Since it updated to 1.6.0 when I start to play an album it says ArtistSlideShow script failed, however it continues to work OK and the artists fanart images are displayed as normal.

Code:
14:24:56 T:139679196514048   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'requests' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 1327, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 119, in __init__
                                                self._use_correct_artwork()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 1282, in _use_correct_artwork
                                                self._start_download()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 1167, in _start_download
                                                if self._download(url, path, path2):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 187, in _download
                                                success, loglines, urldata = imgURL.Get( src, params=self.params )
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/resources/common/url.py", line 16, in Get
                                                return self._urlcall( url, params, '', 'get' )
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/resources/common/url.py", line 44, in _urlcall
                                                except requests.exceptions.ConnectionError, e:
                                            NameError: global name 'requests' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
14:24:56 T:139680892827392   DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateVideos() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update
14:24:56 T:139681573914432   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
14:24:56 T:139679196514048    INFO: Python script stopped

XBMC Debug log file:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=133739

Thanks
New Beta Available

OK, I figured out why my test systems were causing me headaches when trying to import the requests2 module (I think). So version 1.6.1.1 should resolve all the import and global name errors from 1.6.0 and 1.6.1.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip

If all goes well I will push this into production in the next day or so.

P.S. This release is English only. I noticed that basically all the translations from the transfix were out of date, so I had to delete them all. I'll start adding them back when it's clear to me that the source English files are actually being updated on that site. My apologies for those of you in other countries for the inconvenience.
FYI xbmc doesn't support 4digit version numbers
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks v1.6.1.1 seems to have stopped the error popping up now! I was on v1.6.0 before not sure if it updated itself to 1.6.1 though.
(2014-02-18, 19:30)Martijn Wrote: FYI xbmc doesn't support 4digit version numbers

The Artist SlideShow add-on beta / test versions are usually 4 digit version numbers. The ones released to the repo are all 3 digits.
I have been using this add-on for a while now with no problems, but I have recently ripped a new cd to FLAC as per all my cd rips and the extrafanart brings up a script error for this cd only. The cd is the new twilight forever love album?( for the wife honestly), and I had to manually create all the tags for this using mp3tag. I made an extrafanart folder within the artist folder as usual and downloaded a few images at 1920x1080. Everything is done exactly as all my other cds. Funny thing is if I check the 'use fallback folder' option and point it to the same extrafanart folder they work!!!!
It would be great to see a debug log of the problem album.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5