• 64(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2014-03-11, 00:16)LEDFan Wrote: The addon is configured to receive info in French but I get the biography in English. Why's that?

Because the code was broken. Wink

Which brings us to:

NEW BETA

v.1.6.2.5
- fix for AS not requesting correct language for bio from Last.FM

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip

IMPORTANT NOTE: AS caches bios for two weeks before checking again, so if you do nothing, it will take up to two weeks for the correct language bio to get downloaded from Last.FM. If you delete your Artist Information directory in userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow that will force a redownload of all bios and other information.
1.6.2.5 works perfectly now with the correct language for the biography.

Wow, man you're a machine having corrected all these bugs today! Thanks a lot, very good work!

Edit: There is one thing I just noticed though, it seems that there is no data anymore for any artist upcoming concerts. Like for Lady Gaga, nothing shows up but she's actually on tour with many concert dates. Does it do that for you too?
@pkscuot : Seriously dude, what do you take for breakfast ? I want the same thing to be superfast and creative all day long !
I'll try 1.6.2.5 tomorrow morning cause...time to go to bed (and yes I don't have your magic recepee yet)
And in order to help LedFan, I don't have the upcoming concerts info either but maybe it's just related to my stored artists.

@LEDFan : still having xml encoding issues, can you send me one of yours as an example in pm please ? Thanks !
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2014-03-11, 02:29)LEDFan Wrote: Edit: There is one thing I just noticed though, it seems that there is no data anymore for any artist upcoming concerts. Like for Lady Gaga, nothing shows up but she's actually on tour with many concert dates. Does it do that for you too?

Coming concerts isn't provided by Artist Slideshow. You might check with the skin author to see from where that comes.

BTW, I'm in Hawaii. It's hard not to be super creative and excited all day. And it's not quite the end of the work day here yet. ;-)

In actuality, most of the bugs in the last couple of days have been relatively simple (one was a one character fix). I appreciate the thanks, and I'm glad things are working better now. I appreciate the bug reports. Those help make the addon better for everyone.
Oh, I did not know about that for the upcoming concerts. Sorry to have bother you with that then.

@Lockos, I already sent you one example of a NFO file by PM this afternoon... I can just tell you that the software you use to same it as a xml is really important. I made many tried before getting one to work. You can try the one I suggested you, XML copy editor which is free.
you da man.. It works for just about all of my artist now. Funny thing though... it seems it won't work for a few artists who's names begin with the letter "A" and for a few artists who's names begin with "Y" or "Z". I don't know if it could be because those are at the beginning and end of the list or what. For instance... I can't get info for "Alanis Morissette", "Al Green", "Alice Cooper", "Allman Brothers Band", "Aretha Franklin"... and then at the end... "The Yardbirds","The Zombies", "ZZ Top"... Now isn't that weird?.. I realize Last.Fm might not have all of them in their database. I know they have Alanis Morissette and ZZ Top, but still those artist are a no go.... This is just strange that it only seems to fail at those that are in the beginning of the alphabet and at the end.... Works for Aerosmith and AC/DC though... I'm stumped...lol

{EDIT} Van Halen, The Wallflowers, Whitney Houston all a no go and all start with letters at the far end of the alphabet and the beginning... Albert King... no go...too weird!
Hi there!

I love this add-on, but I've had some issues with gotham beta, using it on Aeon skin. I previously made this post on Aeon nox's forum but it seams the problems might come from the add-on more than the skin... In this skin, the artist slideshow option in OSD/MENU is called Fanart.

First log, with Artist slideshow set to remote image. Im not getting anything besides what's on my local folder. No slideshow, and I got no notification exept for that great group from new zealand. Where notification told me it got images but none appeared.

Second Log, OSD/MENU set to fanart, Artist slideshow set to local+remote, there I load a compilation, it does find image, I get a notification but it goes (and seams stuck) into 'random artist fanart' mode. When I do select just a single artist, it only picks the 'fanart' image on local.

Third log, i just rebooted XBMC, I didnt change any setting, OSD/MENU on Fanart, Artist slideshow on local+remote. Not going to a compilation, straight to a single artist. I'm not getting any notifications from Artist slideshow, but it's working as it should. It gets image from outside, and display them as a slideshow.

I like the remote+local option anyway so it's working, I just wish it'd give some notification tho.

While I am at it, I've been using this add on for a long time and always thoguth it would better if the slideshow was set to 30 seconds instead of the 5 it is currently is.. Anyway I can change that timer somewhere?

Thanks!
(2014-03-11, 05:38)woodside Wrote: you da man.. It works for just about all of my artist now. Funny thing though... it seems it won't work for a few artists who's names begin with the letter "A" and for a few artists who's names begin with "Y" or "Z". I don't know if it could be because those are at the beginning and end of the list or what. For instance... I can't get info for "Alanis Morissette", "Al Green", "Alice Cooper", "Allman Brothers Band", "Aretha Franklin"... and then at the end... "The Yardbirds","The Zombies", "ZZ Top"... Now isn't that weird?.. I realize Last.Fm might not have all of them in their database. I know they have Alanis Morissette and ZZ Top, but still those artist are a no go.... This is just strange that it only seems to fail at those that are in the beginning of the alphabet and at the end.... Works for Aerosmith and AC/DC though... I'm stumped...lol

{EDIT} Van Halen, The Wallflowers, Whitney Houston all a no go and all start with letters at the far end of the alphabet and the beginning... Albert King... no go...too weird!

Gunship Politico no go for me. Seems like the script crashes. Doesn't show pictures for any artist after Gunship Politico. Can you try with Gunship Politico?
(2014-03-11, 19:15)back Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 05:38)woodside Wrote: you da man.. It works for just about all of my artist now. Funny thing though... it seems it won't work for a few artists who's names begin with the letter "A" and for a few artists who's names begin with "Y" or "Z". I don't know if it could be because those are at the beginning and end of the list or what. For instance... I can't get info for "Alanis Morissette", "Al Green", "Alice Cooper", "Allman Brothers Band", "Aretha Franklin"... and then at the end... "The Yardbirds","The Zombies", "ZZ Top"... Now isn't that weird?.. I realize Last.Fm might not have all of them in their database. I know they have Alanis Morissette and ZZ Top, but still those artist are a no go.... This is just strange that it only seems to fail at those that are in the beginning of the alphabet and at the end.... Works for Aerosmith and AC/DC though... I'm stumped...lol

Gunship Politico no go for me. Seems like the script crashes. Doesn't show pictures for any artist after Gunship Politico. Can you try with Gunship Politico?

Sorry I don't have Gunship Politico in my Library.
Hi

I can also confirm that with version 1.6.2.1 when playing Beyonce it was displaying the images in my fallback folder. I've just installed version 1.6.2.5 and now when playing Beyonce its still showing the fallback images.

I then deleted this artists hash folder 49941150 under the ArtistInformation and ArtistSlideshow folders and now the Beyonce fanart images are being displayed OK.

Thanks.
(2014-03-11, 11:21)tahyti Wrote: I love this add-on, but I've had some issues with gotham beta, using it on Aeon skin. I previously made this post on Aeon nox's forum but it seams the problems might come from the add-on more than the skin... In this skin, the artist slideshow option in OSD/MENU is called Fanart.

1.6.2 has some bugs that I've been correctly over the last few days. If you'd like to try the latest beta, you can get it from here:

If you don't want to install the beta, then you'll need to wait until I push the final 1.6.3 version to the repo. I'm hoping to do that this week (as long as I don't get anymore bug reports).

Quote:I just wish it'd give some notification tho.

I'm not 100% sure this is what you want, but if you go to the addon settings and look in the ADVANCED tab, there is an option for DOWNLOAD NOTIFICATION TYPE. If you select TEXT NOTIFICATIONS you will get an XBMC popup letting you know when images are being downloaded for the first time for an artist and then when the download is done. If there are any existing images for an artist, you won't get any notification.

Quote:While I am at it, I've been using this add on for a long time and always thoguth it would better if the slideshow was set to 30 seconds instead of the 5 it is currently is.. Anyway I can change that timer somewhere?

That is actually set by the skin, so you would need to ask the skin author about that. With the confluence mods you can change it by looking in MusicVisualizatio.xml. You might check in that file on your skin. Look for something like this:

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
    <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
</control>

and change the timeperimage option. It's worth noting that AS times the image changes during downloads assuming 10 seconds per image in an attempt to make the slideshow appear seamless when downloading images. I suspect if your skin sets it to 5 seconds it looks mostly fine, but if you set it to 30 seconds you may have some times where the image still advances sooner.

(2014-03-12, 00:54)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I can also confirm that with version 1.6.2.1 when playing Beyonce it was displaying the images in my fallback folder. I've just installed version 1.6.2.5 and now when playing Beyonce its still showing the fallback images.

I then deleted this artists hash folder 49941150 under the ArtistInformation and ArtistSlideshow folders and now the Beyonce fanart images are being displayed OK.

Good to know. My bet is that the older version of AS saved out an empty MBID file and then couldn't find any images on htbackdrops because of a bug. Deleting the Artist Information folder forced AS to try again, and the newer version found the artist information correctly.

If you'll delete the Artist Information for those artists (you'll have to find the right hash folder) and run a couple of them again with debugging on, I'd be happy to take a look at the log. There might not be anything I can do, but I should at least be able to tell you why you're not getting the information.
(2014-03-12, 01:35)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 11:21)tahyti Wrote: I love this add-on, but I've had some issues with gotham beta, using it on Aeon skin. I previously made this post on Aeon nox's forum but it seams the problems might come from the add-on more than the skin... In this skin, the artist slideshow option in OSD/MENU is called Fanart.

1.6.2 has some bugs that I've been correctly over the last few days. If you'd like to try the latest beta, you can get it from here:

If you don't want to install the beta, then you'll need to wait until I push the final 1.6.3 version to the repo. I'm hoping to do that this week (as long as I don't get anymore bug reports).

I'm not 100% sure this is what you want, but if you go to the addon settings and look in the ADVANCED tab, there is an option for DOWNLOAD NOTIFICATION TYPE. If you select TEXT NOTIFICATIONS you will get an XBMC popup letting you know when images are being downloaded for the first time for an artist and then when the download is done. If there are any existing images for an artist, you won't get any notification.

Quote:While I am at it, I've been using this add on for a long time and always thoguth it would better if the slideshow was set to 30 seconds instead of the 5 it is currently is.. Anyway I can change that timer somewhere?

That is actually set by the skin, so you would need to ask the skin author about that. With the confluence mods you can change it by looking in MusicVisualizatio.xml. You might check in that file on your skin. Look for something like this:

Code:
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
</control>

and change the timeperimage option. It's worth noting that AS times the image changes during downloads assuming 10 seconds per image in an attempt to make the slideshow appear seamless when downloading images. I suspect if your skin sets it to 5 seconds it looks mostly fine, but if you set it to 30 seconds you may have some times where the image still advances sooner.

Good to know. My bet is that the older version of AS saved out an empty MBID file and then couldn't find any images on htbackdrops because of a bug. Deleting the Artist Information folder forced AS to try again, and the newer version found the artist information correctly.

If you'll delete the Artist Information for those artists (you'll have to find the right hash folder) and run a couple of them again with debugging on, I'd be happy to take a look at the log. There might not be anything I can do, but I should at least be able to tell you why you're not getting the information.

I figured out that all of those that it wasn't working for are all are missing musicbrainz id's. It sure is a hassle to try and find them all by their hash folder to remove them after I retag all of the mp3's. I tried your addon artist slideshow helper but after it runs it returns a blank text file. Am I missing something to try and make that work. I didn't see any settings other than to point to an output directory. I did that but it still doesn't find anything. Any ideas? thanks.
Not off hand. If I could see a debug log of AS Helper running, I might be able to find the issue
(2014-03-12, 05:22)woodside Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 01:35)pkscuot Wrote:

Code:
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
</control>

I figured out that all of those that it wasn't working for are all are missing musicbrainz id's. It sure is a hassle to try and find them all by their hash folder to remove them after I retag all of the mp3's. I tried your addon artist slideshow helper but after it runs it returns a blank text file. Am I missing something to try and make that work. I didn't see any settings other than to point to an output directory. I did that but it still doesn't find anything. Any ideas? thanks.

I had the same problem with the slideshow helper.
Try this -
(2014-02-24, 04:15)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-02-24, 03:51)bolter Wrote:
(2014-02-23, 20:08)pkscuot Wrote: I don't generally test until a XBMC version reaches beta status and don't have any equipment upon which I can test nightly builds. That said, if you'll post a debug log, I'll take a look at it and see if anything jumps out.

Here is the log file. I don't get any error messages, I just get empty txt files (Which I gather is supposed to be filled with the information I need)

http://pastebin.com/YrNh3ME4

I think I found the issue. I'm not sure if it's related to Gotham or that the python version is 2.7, but it looks like the json module needed to parse information from XBMC didn't load right. I've made a change I think should solve the problem. All I can say for sure is that it still works on my test machines, so I haven't broken it any worse. Wink Try the 0.3.1.1 beta:

Pkscout, you have finally fixed all my problems with AS except 1. I cannot gather artist information if the artist name has a comma in it such as (Bryan Adams, Rod steward & Sting)
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5