• 65(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
@Pkscuot : Hi ! The addon works by far a lot better than it was a week ago. Text info (biography) is showing up from last fm api nearly 4 times out of 5 which is great !

But I don't know for what reason, some artists still just don't have their biography displayed while their discography exists on Last.fm site (I tried with Two Door Cinema Club and The Strokes which are relatively well known artists but...nothing !Tried every artist from the latest version of spotimc addon)

By the way, I don't think it is a Last.fm problem because you told us so (you told us that Last.fm was providing less and less info) just before you began to work on 1.6.2.3 and your work made the difference in terms of good returned URLs until today, so I really think it's more an URL/specific characters/something we don't see yet problem.

Good luck and keep up your amazing work ! Wink
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
I uploaded my debug log file to:
http://pastebin.com/x5ir0Ncr

When playing Boyce Avenue - What Makes You Beautiful AS worked just fine. When I switched to Boyce Avenue - When I Was Your Man AS seems to have crashed. A speaker was showing in the background. I then tried to switch back to What Makes You Beautiful but I could only see the speaker in the background.
@Lockos
Do you get any info on Upcoming concerts for any artist? On my side, I don't.
@LEDFan, upcoming concerts is provide by extended info script (by Phil65).
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
@LEDFan : I've been following your problem since you post here and in Nox 4.1.9 thread. I don't have these infos either but it's not a big deal. In my opinion it could be the extended info script or an empty remote database field (by the way do you know what is the providing site for this info ?) Go check on it to see ! If on this particular site you don't have any info for Beyoncé or Lady Gaga (see how my memory is good !), that will mean that it is not an addon error but a database to fill in !

Another solution would be to wait a few days in order to see if there is any planned update for extendedinfo script !

Good luck and don't lose faith ! Wink
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
Regarding playing artists starting with A or Z etc that has been mentioned. I just played the following artists from my collection with ArtistSlideShow v1.6.2.5 and it displayed artwork OK and artist information OK.

Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers
The Zutons (is that a T or Z)
Yazoo
Alanis Morissette
Aretha Franklin
Whitney Houston
(2014-03-12, 19:50)Wanilton Wrote: @LEDFan, upcoming concerts is provide by extended info script (by Phil65).

OK, I thought the extended info script 0.0.3 was modded for Gotham, but I guess it's not part of it or it's simply a different bug. The weird thing is that it works on Frodo. Hopefully, somebody will fix this because I think Phil65 is not really around these days.

(2014-03-12, 20:05)Lockos Wrote: @LEDFan : I've been following your problem since you post here and in Nox 4.1.9 thread. I don't have these infos either but it's not a big deal. In my opinion it could be the extended info script or an empty remote database field (by the way do you know what is the providing site for this info ?) Go check on it to see ! If on this particular site you don't have any info for Beyoncé or Lady Gaga (see how my memory is good !), that will mean that it is not an addon error but a database to fill in !

Another solution would be to wait a few days in order to see if there is any planned update for extendedinfo script !

Good luck and don't lose faith ! Wink

I'm not sure from which site it pulls the info and I'm not skilled enought to find out how.
(2014-03-12, 19:27)back Wrote: When playing Boyce Avenue - What Makes You Beautiful AS worked just fine. When I switched to Boyce Avenue - When I Was Your Man AS seems to have crashed. A speaker was showing in the background. I then tried to switch back to What Makes You Beautiful but I could only see the speaker in the background.

At some point a piece of code got removed that creates a special directory when you are merging images from multiple artists, and your log shows that your problem song was one that has a featured artist. I've corrected the issue in 1.6.2.6 (I'll post the link in a minute), but you can also fix this manually if you'd rather by going to your XBMC userdata folder and then into addon_data/script.artistslideshow. Once there add a directory called 'merge' (without the quotes, case sensitive), and I think that will resolve your specific issue.

NEW BETA
v.1.6.2.6
- fix for AS not showing images when merging multiple artists' images
- updated language files

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip

I'm running out of numbers for betas between production releases, so you all just need to stop finding bugs. Wink
(2014-03-12, 10:15)bolter Wrote: Pkscout, you have finally fixed all my problems with AS except 1. I cannot gather artist information if the artist name has a comma in it such as (Bryan Adams, Rod steward & Sting)

I was using 1.6.2.6 when I found this problem for me.
(2014-03-13, 06:49)bolter Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 10:15)bolter Wrote: Pkscout, you have finally fixed all my problems with AS except 1. I cannot gather artist information if the artist name has a comma in it such as (Bryan Adams, Rod steward & Sting)

The example you gave isn't a single artist. It's three artists. You have two options to deal with multiple artists. You can separate them using ' / ' (as in Bryan Adams / Rod Stewart / Sting). When you scan your library XBMC will recognize that as multiple artists and send all three to AS. You're other choice is to put all but one of the artists in the title of the song as featured artists, as in "What a Great Song (feat. Rod Stewart / Sting)." Assuming Bryan Adams is the listed artist, AS will parse the other two artists and add them to the one in the artist field. In either case, AS will then combine the artwork from all three artists and show them. See the wiki page (link in my signature) for more information on putting extra artists in the song title.

Having said all that, AS will only get and display bio and album information for the "main" artist.

If you have something like Earth, Wind, & Fire it should work because that's one artist.
(2014-03-13, 07:19)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 06:49)bolter Wrote:

The example you gave isn't a single artist. It's three artists. You have two options to deal with multiple artists. You can separate them using ' / ' (as in Bryan Adams / Rod Stewart / Sting). When you scan your library XBMC will recognize that as multiple artists and send all three to AS. You're other choice is to put all but one of the artists in the title of the song as featured artists, as in "What a Great Song (feat. Rod Stewart / Sting)." Assuming Bryan Adams is the listed artist, AS will parse the other two artists and add them to the one in the artist field. In either case, AS will then combine the artwork from all three artists and show them. See the wiki page (link in my signature) for more information on putting extra artists in the song title.

Having said all that, AS will only get and display bio and album information for the "main" artist.

If you have something like Earth, Wind, & Fire it should work because that's one artist.

Sorry that was a bad example.
I have trouble with groups like
Crosby, stills and Nash
Crosby, stills, Nash & young
Emerson, lake & palmer
Harry connick, Jr

All of these will not scan and they are bands and an individual.
This is not a question to pkscout but to other users of AS. Has anyone have the group or similar to " Crosby, Stills & Nash" scraped into there library and got it working with AS as a group and not 3 individuals. The only way I can get it to work is to remove the comma "Crosby Stills & Nash" but will this stuff up the true mp3 tags.

Surely someone out there has had a similar problem, I can't be the only one.

This is not a bug with AS. just a minor inconvenience.
yes, same here...
Crosby, Stills and Nash didn't work
But I have problems with 'Earth, Wind & Fire' to
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2014-03-13, 01:55)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 19:27)back Wrote: When playing Boyce Avenue - What Makes You Beautiful AS worked just fine. When I switched to Boyce Avenue - When I Was Your Man AS seems to have crashed. A speaker was showing in the background. I then tried to switch back to What Makes You Beautiful but I could only see the speaker in the background.

At some point a piece of code got removed that creates a special directory when you are merging images from multiple artists, and your log shows that your problem song was one that has a featured artist. I've corrected the issue in 1.6.2.6 (I'll post the link in a minute), but you can also fix this manually if you'd rather by going to your XBMC userdata folder and then into addon_data/script.artistslideshow. Once there add a directory called 'merge' (without the quotes, case sensitive), and I think that will resolve your specific issue.

NEW BETA
v.1.6.2.6
- fix for AS not showing images when merging multiple artists' images
- updated language files

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip

I'm running out of numbers for betas between production releases, so you all just need to stop finding bugs. Wink
Thanks! The song now works. But I'm still having problems with Gunship Politico. I get a message saying "no images found". After that no other artists work either. Is this a know bug?
(2014-03-13, 22:38)back Wrote: Thanks! The song now works. But I'm still having problems with Gunship Politico. I get a message saying "no images found". After that no other artists work either. Is this a know bug?

I don't think there is a bug. I just checked, and Gunship Politico is not in MusicBrainz, TheAudioDB, Fanart.TV, or HTbackdrops.org. That's all the places AS has for image sources, so you won't get any images. I did find them in Last.FM, so you will probably get an artist bio and album information. Last.FM removed the ability to get images from them, so even if there are images in the Last.FM database, AS can't find or download them anymore.

You'll need to either find and download some art of your own locally or upload some to one of the sites from which AS can get images.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5