• 72(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Hello All,

I am a super newbie trying to localize and micromanage all music artwork and info. I have read the wiki for AS and setup the override directory structure but Im getting mixed results. Please help me understand how to get my settings and directory structure set correctly.

Does Aeon Nox 4.0.9 have to be modified in the same manner as Confluence to work properly with AS?

Where do I add "RunScript(script.artistslideshow, daemon=True)" to display my local/override artwork in places other than music visualization?

How would the contents of the Local Artist folder differ from the Override Slideshow folder?

If an override slideshow folder is active would artist information still be downloaded?

Where is the info from "artistsalbum.nfo" displayed?

Is the album art in the override albums folder used for thumb/cover/folder art everywhere in the interface if AS is running in daemon mode?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tim Cerka

HTPC: 2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac Mini 2,1 running OS X v10.6.8 Snow Leopard
Renderer: Intel GMA 950 OpenGL Engine v1.4
Server: XBMC Frodo 12.3/Aeon Nox 4.0.9
Storage: Mounted via SMB from Buffalo 18TB TeraStation 5600D
Kodi: (18.0 Git:20190128-d81c34c465)
Platform: OS X x86 64-bit version 10.9.0 (1090)
Compiled: 2019-01-28 by Clang 9.0.0 (clang-900.0.37)
Running on: Macmini6,1 with OS X 10.12.4
Kernel: Darwin x86 64-bit version 16.5.0
FFmpeg: version/source: 4.0.3-Kodi
Host CPU: Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Many of these are skin related, but I'll try and answer what I can. For the skin related questions, you could ask them in the Aeon Nox thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=142

(2014-04-27, 15:49)tcerka Wrote: Does Aeon Nox 4.0.9 have to be modified in the same manner as Confluence to work properly with AS?

Where do I add "RunScript(script.artistslideshow, daemon=True)" to display my local/override artwork in places other than music visualization?

I believe Aeon Nox already has support for AS, so you shouldn't need to do any modifications or add the RunScript anywhere. You just have to find the setting in Aeon Nox to turn on AS.

Quote:How would the contents of the Local Artist folder differ from the Override Slideshow folder?

If an override slideshow folder is active would artist information still be downloaded?

The override slideshow folder, if set, will show the artwork for that folder no matter what artist is playing. Think of it like having a folder of family vacation photos that you want shown anytime you're playing music. The local artist folder is what has your already downloaded artist images (and, in your case, the specific bios and other information you created).

If you select the override slideshow, artist information will still be downloaded, but not artist images.

Quote:Where is the info from "artistsalbum.nfo" displayed?

Is the album art in the override albums folder used for thumb/cover/folder art everywhere in the interface if AS is running in daemon mode?

These are both skin questions. For Aeon Nox I don't know where the artist album information is being showed. To the second question, my bet is that the override thumbnails are [b]not[b/] used everywhere, but to find out exactly where, you should really ask in the skin thread.
I'm on Android. It was working fine but since I updated to RC1 the visualisation completely disappears. I'm left with only the fanart and for stuff with no fanart just a black screen!! I am using a duplicate Confluence skin as advised in the wiki and as I said it was fine initially until I started updating XBMC.

Any advice please?
(2014-05-04, 22:11)VanZan Wrote: I'm on Android. It was working fine but since I updated to RC1 the visualisation completely disappears. I'm left with only the fanart and for stuff with no fanart just a black screen!! I am using a duplicate Confluence skin as advised in the wiki and as I said it was fine initially until I started updating XBMC.

Did you update from Frodo or from a Gotham beta? The Gotham confluence skin is different, so if you updated from Frodo it's possible the Frodo based confluence skin won't work right. Otherwise it would be helpful to see a debug log.

I'm running AS in Gotham (the actual release version that came out today) with a freshly modified Confluence, and AS is working fine on my development and production machines. So at least for two use cases it will work.
Thanks for the reply. I'll try it again with the Confluence skin from Gotham final.
NEW BETA AVAILABLE

I found another UTF8 related crash that happens if you are using local and remote artwork and have an artist with an extended character. It only happens when AS updates all the old .tbn files to .jpgs, so I suspect most folks aren't seeing this. I plan to push this version to the repo in the next day or so.

v.1.6.4.2
- fixed another freaking UTF8 problem

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip
Hello

I just installed my first XBMC Gotham V13.0 instance on my Windows 7 laptop. As soon as I start to play an album I get a script error for Artist SlideShow.

This is a test installation of Gotham so I am running XBMC in Portable mode which may have something to do with it? Although it says: exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError

Code:
23:20:36 T:8856   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_GOTHAM\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 1344, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_GOTHAM\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 106, in __init__
                                                self._upgrade()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_GOTHAM\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 1328, in _upgrade
                                                self._migrate_tbn_files()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_GOTHAM\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 931, in _migrate_tbn_files
                                                self._rename_tbn_files( self.LOCALARTISTPATH, 'local' )
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_GOTHAM\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 1055, in _rename_tbn_files
                                                thepath = os.path.join( loc, folder, self.FANARTFOLDER )
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_GOTHAM\system\python\Lib\ntpath.py", line 101, in join
                                                path += b
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Full debug log file here

Many thanks

EDIT: AS version is 1.6.4
I just updated the Artist SlideShow add-on to v1.6.4.2 on this Gotham install and it seems to be working OK now. Will keep an eye on it.

Thanks
Hey

Why is it, i just have some names, the Artist Slideshow just won't download??
We have some danish artists like "Hedegaard"
And fan art added on both fanart.tv and htbackdrop... But Slideshow refuses to download fan art Smile ?
Something i need to setup?
Or is it because its a danish artist?
(2014-05-12, 20:53)CaMeX Wrote: Hey

And fan art added on both fanart.tv and htbackdrop... But Slideshow refuses to download fan art Smile ?

I'd need a debug log to see if I can figure out why you aren't seeing any artwork.
(2014-05-12, 23:36)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 20:53)CaMeX Wrote: Hey

I'd need a debug log to see if I can figure out why you aren't seeing any artwork.

Hey
Here is the Log file...
Artist is "Hedegaard" if that helps searching the log file..
And it looks like it can't download fanart from fanart.tv at all

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=200596
(2014-05-13, 16:35)CaMeX Wrote: Here is the Log file...

According to the log, there are images for Hedegaard. I see this line when AS starts to download images from htbackdrops.

Code:
16:26:42 T:4684   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] cached artist images info found

As for fanart.tv, it looks like AS isn't able to determine the musicbrainzid because on the musicbrainz site the group Hedegaard has no song called Happy Home (which is what was playing according to the log). In fact, the musicbrainz site only has a couple of songs for that group. Without the musicbrainzid AS can't download anything from fanart.tv or theaudiodb.com.
(2014-05-13, 23:19)pkscuot Wrote:

According to the log, there are images for Hedegaard. I see this line when AS starts to download images from htbackdrops.

Code:

As for fanart.tv, it looks like AS isn't able to determine the musicbrainzid because on the musicbrainz site the group Hedegaard has no song called Happy Home (which is what was playing according to the log). In fact, the musicbrainz site only has a couple of songs for that group. Without the musicbrainzid AS can't download anything from fanart.tv or theaudiodb.com.

So you're saying if fanart exist and still can not download them, its because there is missing info on musicbrianz?
(2014-05-14, 08:47)CaMeX Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 23:19)pkscuot Wrote:

Code:

So you're saying if fanart exist and still can not download them, its because there is missing info on musicbrianz?

For Fanart.tv and theaudiodb.com, that's what it looks like based on the log file you shared. For htbackdrops, the log indicates there are images there. Why they aren't displaying is a mystery, especially since you say other artists are fine. I have two suggestions:

1- Find userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/Artist Information and /Artist Slideshow
2- delete the artist's folder from both places (these are hashed, you can use Artist Slideshow Helper to map artist's to their hash name).
3- Play some music from the artist with the slideshow showing. That should try and download stuff at least from htbackdrops.

That won't get you a musicbrainz ID, but you can go to the Artist Information folder and manually add the musicbrainzID to the musicbrainzID.nfo file. Just paste the ID from the musicbrainz site into that file. No other formatting or anything is needed.
Hey,

Sometimes the ArtistSlideshow plugin takes a longer time to fetch fanarts and I also have a lot of local area artist here, which aren't in the web databases but they have a local fanart.
Is there any trigger that I can use to display the local fanart when the plugin hasn't downloaded a fanart yet?

Maybe something like this:
Code:
<control type="image">
                <include>screen_Dimensions</include>
                <texture>$VAR[fanart_Fallback.Player]</texture>
                <visible>Skin.HasSetting(artistslideshow.disable) | !IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow))</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="multiimage">
                <include>screen_Dimensions</include>
                <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
                <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
                <timeperimage>8000</timeperimage>
                <fadetime>fadetime_Slideshow</fadetime>
                <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(artistslideshow.disable)</visible>
            </control>
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5