• 74(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2014-05-29, 08:11)pkscuot Wrote: I've done all I'm going to do on the logging. I often wade through debug logs that have lots of addon data and manage. Disabling logging by default would mean I have to tell people to go do two things just to get a log that's helpful (turn on debug logging *and* enable logging in the addon).

I suppose it's your addon, so your call. If you'd rather the other 50+ addons needed a 3 step instruction (to turn Artist Slideshow logging off as well) rather than a 2 step one, in order that you only have a 1 step instruction (instead of 2), then that's your choice.

Thanks

Rob

FYI: Created the folowing discussion to try and cover this topic in a more global forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=196442
Hi,

I have a problem with songs featuring more than one artist, e.g when the artist name is "Guetta ft Tinie Tempah" or "Guetta, Afrojack, Avicii" etc.

No slideshow is there for these songs so I was wondering if the adding in could be enhanced to recognise only the first artist and show the fanart for that one?

BR
Pink
(2014-06-06, 18:05)PinkMargera Wrote: I have a problem with songs featuring more than one artist, e.g when the artist name is "Guetta ft Tinie Tempah" or "Guetta, Afrojack, Avicii" etc.

No slideshow is there for these songs so I was wondering if the adding in could be enhanced to recognise only the first artist and show the fanart for that one?

AS already does that, but there are only a set number of ways AS knows about multiple artists. First is when XBMC has scraped a song and identified it as having multiple artists. The default way XBMC knows that is using " / " as the separator in the artist field. So in your cases above, the artist field would need to be "Guetta / Tinie Tempah" or "Guetta / Afrojack / Avicii" If you want to use a different separator, you can define that in advanced settings (so you could set it to "ft" and that would pickup your first case. But it could also separate Loftly Ambitions into two artists as well (which is why often you'll use "ft.").

AS also finds secondary artists in the title field using the format SONGNAME (feat. ARTIST). You can also feature multiple artists by doing SONGNAME (feat. ARTIST / ARTIST2 / ARTIST3).

In your case, you aren't seeing a slideshow because both XBMC and AS are treating the string as one artist.
Hello,
New to the forum and to Artist Slideshow. I'm running Frodo on Android with the Hybrid skin and Artist Slideshow 1.6.5. I have configured Artist Slideshow to download images from the different internet sources and also display additional artist info. But when I play music and go fullscreen, all I get is a black screen. It fades back to the standard wallpaper briefly in between tracks, and then fades back into a black screen. It will display the additional artist info though, so I can't figure out why it's not downloading images for the slideshow. All of my MP3's are tagged properly and clean. I even tried it from a second Android device, and the same thing happens. Any idea what could be wrong? I'd really like to get this working, any help is greatly appreciated.
(2014-06-06, 21:59)trunkeight Wrote: Hello,
New to the forum and to Artist Slideshow. I'm running Frodo on Android with the Hybrid skin and Artist Slideshow 1.6.5. I have configured Artist Slideshow to download images from the different internet sources and also display additional artist info. But when I play music and go fullscreen, all I get is a black screen. It fades back to the standard wallpaper briefly in between tracks, and then fades back into a black screen. It will display the additional artist info though, so I can't figure out why it's not downloading images for the slideshow. All of my MP3's are tagged properly and clean. I even tried it from a second Android device, and the same thing happens. Any idea what could be wrong? I'd really like to get this working, any help is greatly appreciated.

Log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=219204
Is Airplay supported with this plugin? Even though the artist shows up just fine in XBMC while playing over Airplay, it never shows an artist slideshow...
(2014-06-06, 23:08)trunkeight Wrote:

Log:

I looked through the log, and I'm seeing a line like this every time AS tries to download an image:
Code:
unknown error while writing data to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/adda96cc.tbn

My first thought would be that there is some kind of permissions issue (or maybe space issue) on the Andriod device causing the file not to be written to the initial temp directory. I'm not that familiar with Andriod and don't have any way to test. AS creates that temp directory on first run. Is it possible it's getting created with odd permissions?
(2014-06-07, 00:43)generator Wrote: Is Airplay supported with this plugin? Even though the artist shows up just fine in XBMC while playing over Airplay, it never shows an artist slideshow...

I just checked, and AS does appear to support Airplay content just fine. A debug log would be helpful to troubleshoot further.
(2014-06-07, 05:45)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 23:08)trunkeight Wrote:

Log:

I looked through the log, and I'm seeing a line like this every time AS tries to download an image:
Code:
unknown error while writing data to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/adda96cc.tbn

My first thought would be that there is some kind of permissions issue (or maybe space issue) on the Andriod device causing the file not to be written to the initial temp directory. I'm not that familiar with Andriod and don't have any way to test. AS creates that temp directory on first run. Is it possible it's getting created with odd permissions?

Thanks for your reply. There's plenty of free space on the device but a permissions issue is possible. I don't know what the problem was, but I upgraded to the latest release of Gotham and Artist Slideshow works fine now. Must have been something related to the version of Frodo I was using, which came on the device. FWIW, the device is a G-Box Midnight MX2 and I know they make some modifications to the install of XBMC that comes on the device. Maybe XBMC was installed to an unusual location where it didn't have the necessary permission for Artist Slideshow to write the images, that would make sense considering I installed Gotham directly from xbmc.org and then it was fine. Anyway, I've got everything all configured and tricked out now. Thanks for the awesome add-on! I bought my Dad one of these devices for Father's day, so this was really a gift for him to show off his ridiculous collection of music and movies Smile
Hello,

i have a problem with AS since Gotham 13.01 and AS 1.6.5.
Before i've updated to Gotham, everythink works fine. But now AS only shows a black screen in fullscreen mode the most time.
Once in a while it shows the artist images. AS can download the images, they are in the temporary folder.
I have the transparency skin enabled.
I will provide a debug file.

Edit: Log File

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=221761
(2014-06-09, 13:08)Marco Wrote: Edit: Log File

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=221761

That log file doesn't seem to indicate AS was ever run. I see a couple of odd error messages about AS, but that's it. You need to play a song and activate the fullscreen mode to activate AS in most cases.
(2014-06-09, 13:23)pkscuot Wrote: That log file doesn't seem to indicate AS was ever run. I see a couple of odd error messages about AS, but that's it. You need to play a song and activate the fullscreen mode to activate AS in most cases.

Thats weird, because that was that was i have done Huh
I will trie it again.
Ok,

i have rebootet xbmc, and now, AS shows images for known artitst.
But when it fails to find images for an artist, the black background screen apppears.

An earlier version in this case, the background from the transperancy skin was shown.

New Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=221794
(2014-06-09, 13:57)Marco Wrote: i have rebootet xbmc, and now, AS shows images for known artitst.
But when it fails to find images for an artist, the black background screen apppears.

An earlier version in this case, the background from the transperancy skin was shown.

The log looks fine. Did you upgrade Transparency when you upgraded to Gotham? It's possible there is a difference in the way the updated Transparency skin shows the images (or what it shows when there are no images). AS doesn't technically show the images, it just tells the skin where to find the folder for the currently playing artist. When AS finds no images for an artist, it tells the skin the folder to show is one with a single black image in it (or whatever directory you chose in the settings as a fallback). The skin could decide to show something else if AS sends it the black image folder.

I guess that's the long way of saying, you might want to check in the skin support thread for Transparency regarding that.
I have the same problem now after updating from XBMC 13.0 to 13.1. The problem is that 13.1 is not compatible with many of the skins that worked fine on 13.0. In my case I just modded Confluence to allow transparency but this modded skin does not appear in the list of skins available in settings after the upgrade. So it's definitely an issue with transparency.
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5