• 76(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Thanks, was something I'd always wished for but never got around to asking. Will try it out when I get the chance and come back to you.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Small Error with v1.6.6~beta4 zip file posted earlier

Code:
XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Bruce\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\transparent\

On checking there is no "transparent" directory.

You must know how many times I've done that Big Grin

OK let's try this one.

v.1.6.6~beta5
- added placeholder.txt to transparent folder so that github will sync it

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip

Who knew that my github client doesn't sync empty directories.

P.S. @Marco, I have no idea why beta4 wouldn't install for you. It installed fine for me. You might have to delete AS manually and then reinstall it.
Working for me.
CCM and Hybrid will need a few small tweaks in next updates before they work properly.
Thanks!

Ok,

beta5 i could install.
Now the home screen works fine and show the background of the skin, if there is no image found.

But in full screen mode, the screen stays black

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=231025

But i think its ok for me. The most time i'm in the home screen view.
Thank you for your work.
(2014-06-20, 19:14)Marco Wrote: Ok,

beta5 i could install.
Now the home screen works fine and show the background of the skin, if there is no image found.

But in full screen mode, the screen stays black

Unfortunately, there isn't anything I'm going to be able to do to help with that. With the new "transparent" option, all AS does is allow the layer below to be seen. Exactly what's on the layer is completely dependent on the skin. At least the change helped with your normal use case. I'll chalk that up in the win column. Big Grin
Is there a property we can use to check if the user has enabled the new "transparent" option ?

(2014-06-23, 07:57)Mudislander Wrote: Is there a property we can use to check if the user has enabled the new "transparent" option ?

There is now. Wink It's ArtistSlideshowTransparent and will be set to "true" if the option has been selected and will be empty if the option hasn't. You should be able to get at it using Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshowTransparent)

v.1.6.6~beta7
- added skin property so skins can tell if transparency option has been set

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip
That's fast. Thanks

Does anybody know if AS is compatible with Aeon Nox 5? I use Spotimc for all my music playback and would love to integrate AS into it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183504

Edit - Yes to comes pre-loaded, I tested it with the spotify top 100 and it really struggled when there was more then one name in the artist. For instance Dark House by Katy Pery, Juicy J doesn't pull any images. Even if it just pulled the first artist named would normally identify the main artist Also my normal screen saver kicked in, is there a way to tell it not to start if music is playing? I'm having to use the waveform visualization to get around this.

Also it would be nice if the artist slideshow had the same option as the picture slideshow ie pan and zoom
(2014-07-01, 13:23)hosko Wrote: Edit - Yes to comes pre-loaded, I tested it with the spotify top 100 and it really struggled when there was more then one name in the artist. For instance Dark House by Katy Pery, Juicy J doesn't pull any images. Even if it just pulled the first artist named would normally identify the main artist Also my normal screen saver kicked in, is there a way to tell it not to start if music is playing? I'm having to use the waveform visualization to get around this.

Unfortunately there is no way to tell the difference between Katy Perry, Juicy J as two artists and Earth, Wind, & Fire as one. AS supports three ways of identifying multiple artists:
  1. When scrapped, XBMC will separate artists based on the separation string (by default that is ' / '). AS asks XBMC for the list of artists associated with the song. (this one probably doesn't apply in your case since Spotify music obviously isn't scrapped into the library).
  2. AS will also look at the artist string and try and parse multiple artists. AS looks for the standard XBMC separator (' / ' <- that's a space, a slash, and a space) as well as 'feat.' and 'ft.' (for featured).
  3. AS also looks in the song title for 'feat.' and 'ft.' (this is the iTunes/Amazon style for featured artists)
If SpotiMC could deliver one of those, than AS would provide a slideshow combining all the artists. Without that, there is no artist named Katy Perry, Juciy J, so no artwork is found. If you have a bunch of songs from a specific combination of artists, you could create a local folder with that combined name and then put images from both artists in there.

Quote:Also it would be nice if the artist slideshow had the same option as the picture slideshow ie pan and zoom

That's a skin decision. AS doesn't actually show the slideshow, it just tells the skin where to find the images.
Hi

My system (OpenElec Gotham / Aeon MQ5) just updated AS to version v1.6.7 and now its broken.

If I start playing an album from the XBMC main MUSIC menu via the Recently Added Albums skin widget then initially AS displays images OK.

However if I go in to the music full screen mode which in Aeon MQ5 is set to Mosaic SlideShow + Viewing no images are displayed by AS.

If I then return to the XBMC main menu then no images are then displayed in the AS box

I've rebooted the HTPC but its still the same, if I roll back AS to v1.6.5 (there was no option for v.1.6.6) everything works OK again.

Will try and post a log file later as well.

Thanks.
(2014-07-02, 23:11)cw-kid Wrote: My system (OpenElec Gotham / Aeon MQ5) just updated AS to version v1.6.7 and now its broken.

I've rebooted the HTPC but its still the same, if I roll back AS to v1.6.5 (there was no option for v.1.6.6) everything works OK again.

I'll be happy to look at it, but to be honest I don't understand how this ever worked in Aeon Nox5. It appears that their home screen widget starts AS, and then if you switch to the full screen mode Aeon Nox tries to start AS again. The second attempt at starting AS fails, so no path to the artist images ever gets set. If you can manage to get into fullscreen mode before Aeon Nox5 shows the artwork on the home screen, it works fine.

The only things that got added to 1.6.7 (1.6.6 never got released) were an option for a transparent background and default disabling of all logging (which means you need to enable that before sending me any debug logs). The former was three lines of code that really shouldn't have (I would go almost as far as saying couldn't have) changed anything if you don't turn the setting on, and the latter is all in a support library that doesn't even touch the main AS code.
Same here, broken with new release, previous release work fine, using Aeon MQ5 with XBMC helix nightlies. If start in collection, and go to full, have image, but if I go to home, broken, no more fanarts, and return fullscreen, black image too.
Other thing work rotate extrafanart in collection work, but in track music list, no more...

The trouble : skin is looking extrafanart images in wrong path (album folder), this happens only in track list, work fine in artist and album view:
search in this path
c:\musics\adele\21\extrafanarts
when correct is
c:\musics\adele\extrafanarts
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I'm going to have to see some debug logs. I spent nearly 30 minutes just trying to figure out how to navigate in Aeon MQ5 and about had to give up. As I said, based on what I saw, I'm amazed anything AS related in Aeon MQ5 worked before or ever.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5