• 2(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
this is a great add-on,
I run this and Milkdrop.
so while playing Music , Milkdrop is Jammin to the Music ,then with a little transparentcy you can see the artist Pic's in the background thru the Milkdrop Visual going on in the foreground.
really cool stuff on the 50"
(2012-03-15, 15:26)NisseDILLIGAF Wrote: @pkscuot

I've added code to see what track is playing and what album that track is on, then download album name and image..
But I'm not happy about how i made '_set_properties' work...
It should only be one name and one image... now it's in an array. (think that's what's it called?)

have a look in my GitHub

edit:
now I use this...
Code:
for count, item in enumerate( self.currentalbum ):
self.WINDOW.setProperty("ArtistSlideshow.%d.currentAlbumName" % ( count + 1 ), item[0])
self.WINDOW.setProperty("ArtistSlideshow.%d.currentAlbumThumb" % ( count + 1 ), item[1])

but would like to have it like this...
Code:
self.WINDOW.setProperty("ArtistSlideshow.CurrentAlbumName", self.currentalbum[0,0])
self.WINDOW.setProperty("ArtistSlideshow.CurrentAlbumThumb", self.currentalbum[0,1])

but I don't know how to write the code...??

I think the correct syntax would be self.currentalbum[0][0].

I'm assuming this update is so that an internet stream can show the album and artwork. For that to work will require the skin to support it. Right now Artist Slideshow doesn't really care about the album or artwork, as that information comes from the standard XBMC player. With this addition a skin maintainer would have to add conditional visibility to both album name and the artwork (plus know where the artwork got stored). I'm not sure how many people you'll get to add that to a skin.
Hi

Thanks for this addon, but I am unable to get this to work on either confluence or neon (windows 7, eden beta2)

Here is a log file

Any thoughts please?

Thanks!
(2012-03-17, 08:41)thechinmaster Wrote: Hi

Thanks for this addon, but I am unable to get this to work on either confluence or neon (windows 7, eden beta2)

Here is a log file

Any thoughts please?

Thanks!

Read post 2 of this thread and you are ready!
thanks for your quick reply - I had replaced those two in the skin folder in the special folder, but cant get it to work. Have tried overwriting those two files in the program files - skin.confluence folder but that isnt working either.

Any other ideas? I have visualization disabled in music settings. To play a song I go to the music menu and click on the song - it starts playing, but the background image doesn't change on either that screen or if i go to the home menu.

cheers
You need to be on the fullscreen music player screen for it to come up (ie MusicVisualisation.xml). I have mapped this to a key o my remote, but at the moment you are looking either at the library (when choosing music) or the home screen, not the Now Playing screen....
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Thanks bossanova808 - got it working now. have been using XBMC for two years and didn't even know you could have full screen music visualization!!! (admittedly usually only use it for videos, but none the less, feel like a proper plonker now).

+1 reputation. thanks mate
No probs. there's all sorts of hidden screens once you start poking around on the skin files!
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
By the way I want to to ask something: I have an Apple tv 2 with xbmc. In which folder in Apple tv 2 I go to and replace the MusicOSD.xml and MusicVisualisation.xml in order to have Artist slideshow in confluence in apple tv2?
(2012-03-16, 13:27)Lazypineapple Wrote: this is a great add-on,
I run this and Milkdrop.
so while playing Music , Milkdrop is Jammin to the Music ,then with a little transparentcy you can see the artist Pic's in the background thru the Milkdrop Visual going on in the foreground.

How have you done this? I have looked through the settings and .xml files but cannot see the option?

cheers
I feel really dumb asking... But where do I get the 1.3.0 ver? I don't see that ver in official xbmc repo in the app. Thanks in advance.
You need to be on RC2 to see it I think, so if you're on an older beta, update. They have moved from the 'pre-eden' repo to actual eden repo around RC1 I believe
You can always install this manual by downloading the .zip file from
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/scri...slideshow/
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-17, 20:06)sstavross Wrote: By the way I want to to ask something: I have an Apple tv 2 with xbmc. In which folder in Apple tv 2 I go to and replace the MusicOSD.xml and MusicVisualisation.xml in order to have Artist slideshow in confluence in apple tv2?

Anyone?
(2012-03-17, 23:11)thechinmaster Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 13:27)Lazypineapple Wrote: this is a great add-on,
I run this and Milkdrop.

How have you done this? I have looked through the settings and .xml files but cannot see the option?

Any selected visualization will play on top of Artist Slideshow. There's nothing needed in Artist Slideshow to enable that. Just download and enable Milk and you should be able to see what Lazypinapple is seeing.

(2012-03-17, 20:06)sstavross Wrote: By the way I want to to ask something: I have an Apple tv 2 with xbmc. In which folder in Apple tv 2 I go to and replace the MusicOSD.xml and MusicVisualisation.xml in order to have Artist slideshow in confluence in apple tv2?

I don't specifically know where the stuff is stored on the AppleTV2, but if you can find the Confluence skin, the files go in the 720p directory in the skin folder.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5