• 3(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
thanks for the answer pkscuot, I have got artist slideshow working in both confluence and neon. it works if i use no visualization but if i use milkdrop I cannot see artist slideshow at all (even in full-screen music player screen ha ha)

any ideas?

debugging-enabled paste here

Cheers
(2012-03-20, 10:25)thechinmaster Wrote: thanks for the answer pkscuot, I have got artist slideshow working in both confluence and neon. it works if i use no visualization but if i use milkdrop I cannot see artist slideshow at all (even in full-screen music player screen ha ha)

any ideas?

I don't have milkdrop, but I did try a couple of the built in visualizations. Some of them take the entire screen, so you definitely can't see the artist slideshow behind them. But the ones I had (like Waveform) did show the slideshow behind the visualization. There might be some setting in Milkdrop to have a transparent background that would let the artist slideshow show through. Hopefully the person who posted about doing that with Milkdrop will wander back and let us know how they did it.
thanks for the answer - tried waveform - not too bad, and does as you said. I think I may explore other visualizations in the mean time. thanks again for the cracking addon
i was revisiting the old script as a needed some bits and pieces for a script i'm working on
and i think i found a bug in the old script that's still present today.
the caching code of the .nfo files looks broken to me, once a .nfo file exists it'll never get updated afaict.

changing
Code:
elif ForceUpdate:
to
Code:
if ForceUpdate:
should fix it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-03-24, 01:27)ronie Wrote: i was revisiting the old script as a needed some bits and pieces for a script i'm working on
and i think i found a bug in the old script that's still present today.
the caching code of the .nfo files looks broken to me, once a .nfo file exists it'll never get updated afaict.

Got it. I have this fix and an update to the internet stream support. I was waiting until Eden "shipped" as they're pretty small updates. So I'll do a pull request soon I hope. Big Grin
Thanks again guys... since being a squeaky wheel requesting this feature years ago, to Ronie developing an existing script to this with Eden now... the main reason why I was very happy to donate $50 to xbmc...

I struggled to make this add on work with Eden, as I thought it would be as easy as to go to Settings > Add-Ons > Program Add-Ons > Artist Slideshow and then to download and enable that.

This did not work in Confluence skin.
I then went to the wiki, and found, under "How to use this addon in your skin" a bunch of very technical detals which were not expaining how to use the addon... but has Changes to MusicVisualisation.xml, To run the script: <onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload> etc...

Nowhere on the wiki that I could see is there an explanation of how to add this addon, and to me its a pity cos its an uber-fantastic thing of great joy... next best thing to holding a real album cover in your hands...

Please add on the Ops, fist post, that to make this work with the default xbmc skin, you must download the zip file in post 2, then unzip those files and copy them to C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p (or equivalent) replacing the existing ones.

At the moment I am trying to figure if this will work with Transparency! which is my skin of choice... is it compatible, how do I make that work?

Thanks again for the fantastic work...

Mark.

Thanks,
Mark
(2012-03-24, 12:07)fredphoesh Wrote: One thing though, I cant make it work LOL.
Seriously. I have it working on my other computer with Dharma, but Ive installed v1.3.0 under Programs as an add on, but nothing shows in full screen mode. I have tried Confluence and Transparency skins.

in Transparency!, you can enable it on the MusicOSD:

for Confluence, you should use the mod found in the second post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1039757
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-03-24, 15:27)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-24, 12:07)fredphoesh Wrote: One thing though, I cant make it work LOL.
Seriously. I have it working on my other computer with Dharma, but Ive installed v1.3.0 under Programs as an add on, but nothing shows in full screen mode. I have tried Confluence and Transparency skins.

in Transparency!, you can enable it on the MusicOSD:

for Confluence, you should use the mod found in the second post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1039757

Thanks Ronie and Hi!!
I was bz modifying my post above yours when you responded.
Cheers, have a great day.
Mark.
Script stop immediately after it was started

full log

Using T!
All artists are properly tagged. Image are available on htbackdrops
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-27, 18:32)Martijn Wrote: Using T!

Is T! a skin? I'll download it and try. All I can say for now is that I agree, the script is definitely stopping. I can't seem to manually walk a circumstance where you would get the log entries you got and not at least one more line, so I'll need to look into it some more.
(2012-03-27, 20:16)pkscuot Wrote:

Is T! a skin? I'll download it and try. All I can say for now is that I agree, the script is definitely stopping. I can't seem to manually walk a circumstance where you would get the log entries you got and not at least one more line, so I'll need to look into it some more.

hehe ronie is not gonna like you any more Wink
(2012-03-27, 20:48)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 20:16)pkscuot Wrote:

hehe ronie is not gonna like you any more Wink

I see why now. He's going to hate me even more when I tell you I can't figure out how to get Artist Slideshow to even start using Transparency! If I rip out the condition of the onload in MusicVisualization.xml, Artist Slideshow runs when I go full screen while listening to music, and I see in the debug log that it is working, but it never displays any images.

EDIT: I found where to enable Artist Slideshow. And with it enabled it's running as expected on both my OSX development machine and Windows production machine.

Could someone else check with Transparency! to see if it works for them. At least then we'll know whether it's me or Martijn who is going crazy. Wink
(2012-03-27, 21:59)pkscuot Wrote: Could someone else check with Transparency! to see if it works for them. At least then we'll know whether it's me or Martijn who is going crazy. Wink

Crazy already, I am Rofl

Seems my test setup is some what messed up.
Works fine on my normal HTPC. Still weird though
(2012-03-27, 22:55)Martijn Wrote: Seems my test setup is some what messed up.
Works fine on my normal HTPC. Still weird though

Very strange to be sure. It's starting the script for sure. After that it's almost like the object gets destroyed before it gets to the first conditional statement when it figures out if there's music playing and then finishes the script. It's the only way I can figure you would get that set of log entries without something like "no music playing" or "first song started" in the log as well.

Or you're not holding your tongue the right way when you start the music visualization. Either is equally plausible. Big Grin
@pkscuot

have a look at my last commit...
https://github.com/NisseDILLIGAF/script....4cf2587e6d

sometimes last.fm has no album image, then it just shows http://cdn.last.fm/flatness/catalogue/no...medium.png
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5