• 4(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2012-03-30, 19:30)NisseDILLIGAF Wrote: @pkscuot

have a look at my last commit...
https://github.com/NisseDILLIGAF/script....4cf2587e6d

sometimes last.fm has no album image, then it just shows http://cdn.last.fm/flatness/catalogue/no...medium.png

Seems a harmless enough fix. Do a pull request and I'll get it integrated into the main branch.
(2012-03-27, 23:52)pkscuot Wrote: Or you're not holding your tongue the right way when you start the music visualization. Either is equally plausible. Big Grin

I think it was my left foot Tongue

Btw do you know a quick way to alter the script so the images get stored in folders named by artist? (Ofcourse i haven't looked at the code yet)
That way i could mass download new backdrops to beef up the fanart.tv site

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-30, 22:11)Martijn Wrote: Btw do you know a quick way to alter the script so the images get stored in folders named by artist? (Ofcourse i haven't looked at the code yet)
That way i could mass download new backdrops to beef up the fanart.tv site

On line 274 replace:
Code:
CacheName = xbmc.getCacheThumbName(self.NAME).replace('.tbn', '')

with:
Code:
CacheName = self.NAME

I think that should do it. The files themselves will still have hashed names with .tbn as the extension, but changing them to .jpg should be fine. If I recall, the fanart.tv folks were very picky about image size and quality, so you'll probably want to set artist slideshow to only download stuff that's 1920x1080 or larger.
Thx will try it tomorrow.
If i add .replace('.png','.jpg') that will solve the extention. Maybe need some other tweaking to make nicer filenames for better sorting.

Yeah I know they are very picky on quality Big Grin
Luckily I am one of the admins on fanart.tv overseeing the process at the moment Wink
So i know what we need.

(2012-03-31, 02:27)Martijn Wrote: Luckily I am one of the admins on fanart.tv overseeing the process at the moment Wink
So i know what we need.

more beer, right?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-03-31, 02:30)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-31, 02:27)Martijn Wrote: Luckily I am one of the admins on fanart.tv overseeing the process at the moment Wink
So i know what we need.

more beer, right?

Indeed and preferably the special ones Big Grin

Edit:
could you also add
PHP Code:
option="writeable" 
to the settings.xml so you can create subfolder when selecting the slideshow folder

Edit2:
grrrr same problem again on a new install.... and also on my HTPC
Is there no new version for Dharma?
With 0.1.0, I have the problem of the artist slideshow displaying pictures of an artist even if the next song with a different artist has started.
I can only solve this with complete restart of XBMC and then it will happen again more sooner than later. Any ideas?
OK I found out it has to do with setting the custom paths in the add-on settings

Side note:
had to do some more code crashing to fix it downloading to the right folders and change the file extension
(2012-03-31, 13:47)mehrunes Wrote: Is there no new version for Dharma?
With 0.1.0, I have the problem of the artist slideshow displaying pictures of an artist even if the next song with a different artist has started.
I can only solve this with complete restart of XBMC and then it will happen again more sooner than later. Any ideas?

Sorry, no. The current version won't be back ported to Dharma. You really should look into upgrading to Eden when you have a chance.

I'm very new to XBMC, can someone please point me to a short explanation of how to update to a new version? There seems to be no included update function.
(2012-04-06, 15:08)mehrunes Wrote: I'm very new to XBMC, can someone please point me to a short explanation of how to update to a new version? There seems to be no included update function.

AFAIK you just need to install the new version, http://xbmc.org/
Stumbled upon this add-on while trying to figure out how to the the LastFM add-on to work automatically like a visualization...very cool. But couple of Q's
- do mods still need to be made with various xml's to get this add-on to work?
- will this work with AEON-NOX (I'm using 3.0)

This would be a huge win if I can get this working as my wife hates the other "squirrely" visualizations...
Works with Nox3.0
(maybe not fully functional yet)
Do I need to edit any xml's though? I have it installed and configured...but nothing is happening?
(2012-04-13, 00:02)puulima Wrote: Do I need to edit any xml's though? I have it installed and configured...but nothing is happening?

No you should not. but like i said....

3.0 is WIP and every one should just some patience until it is finished!!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5