• 6(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2012-04-16, 20:21)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 11:29)themarty Wrote: 2. with this configuration it has happened twice that the slideshow images get stuck on one artist. When i look in the logs it says the script is already running when i start a new song (which is probably why the images for the new artist are not shown). I haven't been able to create an exact set of steps to reproduce this though. So, i can't even be sure it is really related to this configuration (no visualisation, no screensaver)
When you get some time, put XBMC in debug mode and post a log when that happens. It shouldn't be getting stuck on an artist, and if it is I'd like to track that down.

I've been analyzing the logs and what happens is the same as what happens when a song ends and a new song by the same artist is the next song.

This is what you see in the logs when the first song is about to be played:

Code:
22:22:59 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: script version 1.3.1 started
22:22:59 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: window id is set to 12006
22:22:59 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: artist field is set to
22:22:59 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: language = en
22:22:59 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: external call is set to
22:22:59 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: first song started
22:22:59 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: start download
22:22:59 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cachedir = /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow/d7bcd56b/
22:22:59 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: asking for images from: http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?autocorrect=1&api_key=fbd57a1baddb983d1848a939665310f6&method=artist.getImages&artist=Amon+Tobin
22:22:59 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: downloading artist images info lastfm
22:23:01 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: asking for images from: http://htbackdrops.com/api/96d681ea0dcb07ad9d27a347e64b652a/searchXML?default_operator=and&fields=title&aid=1&keywords=Amon+Tobin&dmin_w=0&dmin_h=0
22:23:01 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: downloading artist images info htbackdrops
22:23:09 T:140722621499136   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: downloading images

And this is what you see when a song by the same artist is played after that:

Code:
22:37:51 T:140722613106432   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: script version 1.3.1 started
22:37:51 T:140722613106432   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: window id is set to 12006
22:37:51 T:140722613106432   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: artist field is set to
22:37:51 T:140722613106432   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: language = en
22:37:52 T:140722613106432   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: external call is set to
22:37:52 T:140722613106432   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: script already running
22:37:52 T:140722613106432   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: script stopped

And in those cases where it got stuck on the same artist i see the exact same thing happening in the logs (don't have an actual log of it at the moment, but will post it when i do).
I'm an epic noob when it comes to xbmc so please bare with me if I'm missing something basic.

Firstly, thank you for an awesome add-on this is exactly what I was looking for. The issue I'm having is the slide show seems to be scaling every image up to full screen width. This means in many images the top and bottom of the pictures are off screen and I get quite a few headless artist. Now considering some of the artists I listen to are pretty ugly this might be seen as a bonus but I would like to see the heads of the prettier ones Smile

When I use the slideshow in photographs the images are scaled to fit the screen height and I get the black bars down the sides for the non 16:9 ratio images. This is exactly what I want the Artist Slideshow to do.

I hope this makes sense. I'm using Eden with the neon skin.

Edit: My mistake, I was using the Aeon Nox skin. Once I switch back to Neon the images scale to fit the screen only the panning and zooming effects don't seem to work now but at least I can see the full image.
(2012-04-15, 16:45)Acrobat76 Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 19:40)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 16:36)Acrobat76 Wrote: First of all, this is a truly great addon!

I run XBMC on ATV2 and Im a bit unsured if and where the images and/or cache are stored? Should I be worried about running out of space on the ATV2? Should I limit the cache size? Any other settings I should tweak in order to suit this addon to the ATV2?

I don't have an ATV2 (or original for that matter), but it looks like the image cache will be stored in:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow/

My cache folder right now is 176mb. I listen to a fair amount of music from a fairly diverse set of artists. YMMV. Given what I know about the ATV2, it's probably worth setting a limit to the cache size. That said, I never tested the cache manager on an ATV, so if you run into problems, post a debug log here so I can look at it.

Thanks, I limited the cache and will see how it goes Smile

So, for the first few days everything was working perfectly, both with and without the cache limitation. However now the slideshow gets stuck on an artist and doesn't move on to the next artist when the song`s artist changes. This should be my debug log, i`m a bit new to xbmc so apologies if i`m missing something obvious

http://pastebin.com/HxSqEfAj

PS. Dont take any notice of the log saying that my xbmc is not eden. It is a minor mod of the latest eden: with small changes relating to the volume control on the apple tv 2 remote as per http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123115
(2012-04-18, 15:46)Acrobat76 Wrote: So, for the first few days everything was working perfectly, both with and without the cache limitation. However now the slideshow gets stuck on an artist and doesn't move on to the next artist when the song`s artist changes. This should be my debug log, i`m a bit new to xbmc so apologies if i`m missing something obvious

That's the debug log. Thanks for that. As I look through it, it appears to me that for some reason PAPlayer (the process that plays the music) is stopping between songs. On both my systems PAPlayer keeps running and indicates a new track is starting. I'm not sure if that's an AppleTV specific thing, but that's what's causing the issue. ArtistSlideShow checks to see if PAPlayer is playing any audio. If it isn't, it stops (by default at least). Once Artist Slideshow is stopped the only way to restart it is to exit the music visualization screen and go back in.

Having said all that, ronie (the original author) did include an option to have Artist Slideshow keep running even if the music stopped. When I updated the documentation I removed reference to that, as I couldn't figure out a use case that made any sense for that. The good news is that the code is still there. So let's try this:

open up your MusicVisualization.xml file and look for this line (it should be near the top):

<onfocus>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onfocus>

replace it with this:

<onfocus>RunScript(script.artistslideshow, daemon=True)</onfocus>

That should force Artist Slideshow to keep running even after PAPlayer stops. Artist Slideshow takes very little processing power (basically zero if it isn't downloading new images), so you shouldn't notice any performance hit. Hopefully that will correct your issue. If it does, I'll add something to the wiki for AppleTV users.
Hi All

Is this great script working on Aeon MQ3 2.0.1 as well? I cant seem to get it working and get the following bug report..

http://pastebin.com/PkiNQkLN

Hopefully someone can help me to get this working

Rgds
Manuel
Aeon MQ4
Mac Mini & HP Microserver N40L

(2012-04-19, 13:31)Tommy2012 Wrote: Hi All

Is this great script working on Aeon MQ3 2.0.1 as well? I cant seem to get it working and get the following bug report..

Rgds
Manuel

Works for me in that skin.
(2012-04-19, 14:08)Oddsodz Wrote:

Rgds
Manuel

Works for me in that skin.

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there perhaps someone that can look at the bug report and have a solution for me Big Grin

Rgds
Manuel
Aeon MQ4

According to the release notes from Aeon MQ3 it does. The error you are getting seems to indicate that script.module.elementtree is either not there or is the wrong version. That should be downloaded if it isn't there automatically, so I'm not sure why that isn't happening. You should check the addon directory in your userdata folder and see if elementtree is there and that it's version 1.2.7.
(2012-04-19, 16:30)pkscuot Wrote:

According to the release notes from Aeon MQ3 it does. The error you are getting seems to indicate that script.module.elementtree is either not there or is the wrong version. That should be downloaded if it isn't there automatically, so I'm not sure why that isn't happening. You should check the addon directory in your userdata folder and see if elementtree is there and that it's version 1.2.7.

Hi Pkscuot

Thx for the reply Big Grin

Downloaded the file and replaced with the one from MQ3 and works 100%. Great support guys and thanks a lot

Rgds
Manuel
Aeon MQ4

Hey all. I Have a bit off an issue. And I have pined it down to this "add-on".

When using this "Add-on". I get random hard resets of my PC. I Have tried running without the "Add-on" and my system stays stable. I Have tried running with different skins and I have the same results.

Using "Eden" on Win7Pro 64bit

here is a log

http://pastebin.com/ueC2bvfw

Hope you can see what might be going on
(2012-04-20, 03:33)Oddsodz Wrote: Hey all. I Have a bit off an issue. And I have pined it down to this "add-on".

When using this "Add-on". I get random hard resets of my PC. I Have tried running without the "Add-on" and my system stays stable. I Have tried running with different skins and I have the same results.

Using "Eden" on Win7Pro 64bit

here is a log

http://pastebin.com/ueC2bvfw

Hope you can see what might be going on
Sorry, there is not one single line in that entire log that indicates Artist Slideshow is ever run. I'd be interested in seeing a debug log if Artist Slideshow is uninstalled, but y look through indicates you have all sorts of problems with files not being read (or missing), database errors, etc. I can't for the life of me think how the simple presence of a set of code that isn't run would cause that.
(2012-04-18, 19:41)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 15:46)Acrobat76 Wrote: So, for the first few days everything was working perfectly, both with and without the cache limitation. However now the slideshow gets stuck on an artist and doesn't move on to the next artist when the song`s artist changes. This should be my debug log, i`m a bit new to xbmc so apologies if i`m missing something obvious

That's the debug log. Thanks for that. As I look through it, it appears to me that for some reason PAPlayer (the process that plays the music) is stopping between songs. On both my systems PAPlayer keeps running and indicates a new track is starting. I'm not sure if that's an AppleTV specific thing, but that's what's causing the issue. ArtistSlideShow checks to see if PAPlayer is playing any audio. If it isn't, it stops (by default at least). Once Artist Slideshow is stopped the only way to restart it is to exit the music visualization screen and go back in.

Having said all that, ronie (the original author) did include an option to have Artist Slideshow keep running even if the music stopped. When I updated the documentation I removed reference to that, as I couldn't figure out a use case that made any sense for that. The good news is that the code is still there. So let's try this:

open up your MusicVisualization.xml file and look for this line (it should be near the top):

replace it with this:

That should force Artist Slideshow to keep running even after PAPlayer stops. Artist Slideshow takes very little processing power (basically zero if it isn't downloading new images), so you shouldn't notice any performance hit. Hopefully that will correct your issue. If it does, I'll add something to the wiki for AppleTV users.

Works like a charm. Thank you!
(2012-04-24, 18:11)Acrobat76 Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 19:41)pkscuot Wrote: open up your MusicVisualization.xml file and look for this line (it should be near the top):

replace it with this:

Works like a charm. Thank you!

Good to know. I've added the potential AppleTV issue as a "limitation" on the wiki page with the workaround.
Hi pkscuot,

Translate strings for Portuguese (Brasil) - addon Artist Slideshow, download here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Artist%...trings.xml

thanks,

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2012-04-29, 05:42)Wanilton Wrote: Translate strings for Portuguese (Brasil) - addon Artist Slideshow, download here:

Thanks. I'll add them and get an update pushed later this week.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5