• 69(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2014-04-11, 01:24)curtis-r Wrote: Installed 1.6.3.2 & removed my mapped music folder in lieu of an smb path for AS-Helper & not sure if this is a new issue or what, but itAS is downloading fanart to the add-on data folder even though the artist has an extrafanart folder with most of the same images. For example, there is now an ...addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\720cf2e0 folder with most of the same images as ...\Music\Coldplay\extrafanart. Is there something I have configured wrong?

AS and AS Helper don't share configurations, so if you unmapped your smb path and didn't make any changes to AS, then it won't see your "local" artist folder anymore. I'd need to see a screen shot of your AS configuration screens as well as a debug log to help more.
Hi

I just installed V1.6.3.2 on my OpenElec HTPC, I removed the Linux OS Mount to my music folder on the WHS file server. I then changed the AS setting "Local Artist Folder" to be an SMB path e.g. SMB://WHS/MUSIC

For good measure, I then removed the artist folders I was about to play, from the local AS cache. So I would know the images displayed by AS were local images from the WHS file server using the new SMB path etc.

So I deleted these folders from the XBMC PC:

\Userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\9711592d
\Userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\9711592d

I then played this particular artist in XBMC. AS then displayed OK the images from the extrafanart sub-folder on my file server for this particular artist.

So it appears to be working! You can now use an SMB path for "local" fanart images. Nice one!

Note: The 9711592d artist folder only got recreated in the \ArtistInformation\ folder. It did not get recreated in the \ArtistSlideshow folder.
Not sure if that was expected? I was expecting it to have recreated the artist hash folder in both ArtistInformation and ArtistSlideShow folders.

I have got AS set to use both Local and Remote images.

Regarding something else, I have a strange issue and not just with this last version of AS its been happening for quite some time.

For some reason on the OpenElec HTPC I seem to have two ArtistSlideShow folders:

As seen in FileZilla:

As seen in Windows Explorer:

Looking in FileZilla one of the ArtistSlideShow folders is always empty, the other contains the hashed artists sub-folders. If I delete the empty one it always comes back eventually.

This issue causes problems viewing the contents of the ArtistSlideShow folder in Windows Explorer via the OpenElec Samba shares.

its very odd.

Thanks
(2014-04-11, 03:01)pkscuot Wrote: AS and AS Helper don't share configurations, so if you unmapped your smb path and didn't make any changes to AS, then it won't see your "local" artist folder anymore. I'd need to see a screen shot of your AS configuration screens as well as a debug log to help more.

My bad. I was working too fast & thought I had changed the path in AS after removing my mapped drive, but I hadn't. Sorry. Keep up the great work.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
I have a problem with Artist Slideshow occasionally crashing on startup with Gotham Beta 3 with a "RuntimeError: access_violation" error.
Please see the error log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=171746 for details.

Thanks
Can someone help me troubleshoot why some artists will not work with this plugin? I have chosen a fallback show, have local fanart available for the artists and have chosen a combination of local and remote files. The screen remains blank in fullscreen view using Aeon Nox Gotham. Only a select few will not initiate the slideshow.

Some of these artists have two entries for the same artist with the same MBID. I have Drake, for example, listed twice in the artists list with different albums under each but their MBID is identical. This could be a factor as Jay-Z suffers from the same problem of duplicate entries with albums under each. Both are popular artists and the cdArt Manager has downloaded plenty of fan-art but the slideshow will not work for either but works for most other artists.
(2014-04-11, 20:28)cw-kid Wrote: Note: The 9711592d artist folder only got recreated in the \ArtistInformation\ folder. It did not get recreated in the \ArtistSlideshow folder.
Not sure if that was expected? I was expecting it to have recreated the artist hash folder in both ArtistInformation and ArtistSlideShow folders.

That's the expected behavior with your configuration. If AS finds a local folder and you are using local/remote images, it just uses the local folder for images. It never creates the cache directory in ArtistSlideshow. Artist information is always stored in the cache, so that always gets created.

Quote:Regarding something else, I have a strange issue and not just with this last version of AS its been happening for quite some time.

{snip}

Looking in FileZilla one of the ArtistSlideShow folders is always empty, the other contains the hashed artists sub-folders. If I delete the empty one it always comes back eventually.

This issue causes problems viewing the contents of the ArtistSlideShow folder in Windows Explorer via the OpenElec Samba shares.

I can't think what would be causing that, and I've not seen it on my OSX or Windows machine. If you can catch a debug log of the extra folder being created, I'll be happy to take a look.

(2014-04-11, 22:56)learningit Wrote: I have a problem with Artist Slideshow occasionally crashing on startup with Gotham Beta 3 with a "RuntimeError: access_violation" error.
Please see the error log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=171746 for details.

I'll have to look at it in more detail, but it looks like xbmc.Player().isPlayingAudio() isn't returning what it should. The only thing I can really do is trap for the error and assume music is still playing. That would, in theory, stop that crash.

(2014-04-11, 23:20)Warner306 Wrote: Can someone help me troubleshoot why some artists will not work with this plugin? I have chosen a fallback show, have local fanart available for the artists and have chosen a combination of local and remote files. The screen remains blank in fullscreen view using Aeon Nox Gotham. Only a select few will not initiate the slideshow.

A debug log would be helpful. The Aeon Nox folks are doing some interesting things with AS that are outside the scope of the addon, and sometimes that makes it hard to troubleshoot, but I'll give it a shot.
(2014-04-11, 20:28)cw-kid Wrote: Note: The 9711592d artist folder only got recreated in the \ArtistInformation\ folder. It did not get recreated in the \ArtistSlideshow folder.

(2014-04-12, 00:10)pkscuot Wrote: That's the expected behavior with your configuration. If AS finds a local folder and you are using local/remote images, it just uses the local folder for images. It never creates the cache directory in ArtistSlideshow. Artist information is always stored in the cache, so that always gets created.

Hi thanks for the reply.

So if I have a "local" (On the file server) extrafanart folder for an artist, if AS detects any new images online remotely, it will store them in to that extrafanart folder on the server? Rather than creating a hashed folder for the artist on the HTPC and storing them in there.

Regarding the duplicate ArtistSlideShow root folders, I'll try and post up a debug log file.

Cheers
(2014-04-12, 00:27)cw-kid Wrote: So if I have a "local" (On the file server) extrafanart folder for an artist, if AS detects any new images online remotely, it will store them in to that extrafanart folder on the server? Rather than creating a hashed folder for the artist on the HTPC and storing them in there.

When you pick "local and remote" images, here's the logic.

1- Is there a local folder with the right artist name? If so use it.
2- If there is no local folder, is there a folder in the cache file with the right hash? If so use it.
3- If there is neither a local or cache folder, create the cache folder and use that.

One of the things I've did was setup AS Helper on a daily schedule to move images from the cache to my local folder structure. That way any new artist I've never created a folder for ends up in the local structure the next day.
(2014-04-12, 00:10)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-04-11, 23:20)Warner306 Wrote: Can someone help me troubleshoot why some artists will not work with this plugin? I have chosen a fallback show, have local fanart available for the artists and have chosen a combination of local and remote files. The screen remains blank in fullscreen view using Aeon Nox Gotham. Only a select few will not initiate the slideshow.

A debug log would be helpful. The Aeon Nox folks are doing some interesting things with AS that are outside the scope of the addon, and sometimes that makes it hard to troubleshoot, but I'll give it a shot.

Restarting XBMC fixed the issue. Thanks anyways.
Hi

I appear to be getting a script error now with version 1.6.3.2.

I just noticed whilst playing music that the incorrect images were being displayed in the fullscreen for the currently playing artist, it was still showing the images for the last artist played instead.

The artist it seems to be crashing on is "Cheryl Cole"

Please see log file here: http://pastebin.com/aCgKGRWg (xbmclogs.com seems to be down)

Code:
16:27:03 T:140004047185664   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'path' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 1329, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 119, in __init__
                                                self._use_correct_artwork()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 1283, in _use_correct_artwork
                                                self._start_download()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 1167, in _start_download
                                                if self._download(url, path, path2):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 185, in _download
                                                success, loglines = deleteFile( path )
                                            NameError: global name 'path' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Thanks

EDIT:

I just noticed something weird with the Cheryl Cole folder, there are some .lrc files in there, I have no idea what these are? Or how they got there?
I've now deleted those files but AS still crashes every time I play this artist.
If I search the music folder root for *.lrc no more files like that are being found, strange I just saw them in the Cheryl Cole folder.

Hi

Here is another log file hopefully regarding the duplicated "ArtistSlideShow" folders.

I used FileZilla to go in to the /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow folder and I then delete the empty "ArtistSlideShow" sub-folder, leaving the other "ArtistSlideShow" sub-folder alone that contains the hashed artist folders.

I then played an album in XBMC and that empty duplicate folder I just deleted gets recreated.

The log file can be seen here: http://pastebin.com/1XNKZ51M

Many thanks
(2014-04-13, 17:32)cw-kid Wrote: I just noticed something weird with the Cheryl Cole folder, there are some .lrc files in there, I have no idea what these are? Or how they got there?

.lrc files are Lyrics file generated by another addon.
(2014-04-13, 17:54)LEDFan Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 17:32)cw-kid Wrote: I just noticed something weird with the Cheryl Cole folder, there are some .lrc files in there, I have no idea what these are? Or how they got there?

.lrc files are Lyrics file generated by another addon.

I've just searched for *.lrc and I have no more of those files in my music folders.

I am using Aeon MQ5 and the CU LRC Lyrics script. I wasn't aware that it would store any such files locally on the file server.

Cheers
It saves them if you decide to and you also decide which path. It's all set in the addon configuration...
Something strange going on..

I just rebooted and then played Peter Gabriel. It displayed images OK for him. I then played Duran Duran and now on the XBMC main menu I have images for Peter Gabriel in the AS box but images for Duran Duran in the main background.

If I go in to fullscreen mode whilst its still playing Duran Duran, its displaying images for Peter Gabriel. The Aeon MQ5 fullscreen mode is configured to use AS (Mosaic SlideShow + Viewing) rather than Artist Fanart which doesn't work properly.

Thanks

(2014-04-13, 18:05)LEDFan Wrote: It saves them if you decide to and you also decide which path. It's all set in the addon configuration...

OK thanks.

I don't recall changing any of the default settings for the Lyrics script. The Lyrics folder appears to be a local folder on the HTPC. Not pointing to the music folder on my file server etc.

Maybe it was just a one off, I can't see any more *.lrc files in any of my music folders on the file server.

• 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5