• 78(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
NEW BETA AVAILABLE

v.1.6.8~beta3
- fix for crash when using smb path

Available from my beta repo channel at:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-1.0.2.zip

or via direct download from:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...Ebeta3.zip
hi,
How to toggle to music visualisation
only if no remote image from internet if found
while playing music
in transparency! skin

Huh NjB Sad
hi pkscout - since last nite, the addon constantly updates like every 15 mins.(via window notification). i just wanna bring to ur attention. is this an isolated problem w/ me? i just updated from AS 1.6.8 BETA1 to AS 1.6.8 beta3, but problem still persists. thanx for the addon.
(2014-07-27, 23:20)alexp4re Wrote: hi pkscout - since last nite, the addon constantly updates like every 15 mins.(via window notification). i just wanna bring to ur attention. is this an isolated problem w/ me? i just updated from AS 1.6.8 BETA1 to AS 1.6.8 beta3, but problem still persists. thanx for the addon.

I'm not seeing it here on my end (my Windows machine is set to update from my beta repo). I pushed 1.6.8 into the repo last night, so there is an update out there, and it sounds like your XBMC is trying to update and then failing. I'd try the following:

1- uninstall Artist Slideshow (don't worry, your settings and artwork will be preserved)
2- do a force refresh of my beta repo
3- reinstall Artist Slideshow

You should have 1 6.8 at that point. If you don't or you keep getting the update message, please enable debug logging and post a link to the log so I can take a look.
(2014-07-27, 23:32)pkscout Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 23:20)alexp4re Wrote: hi pkscout - since last nite, the addon constantly updates like every 15 mins.(via window notification). i just wanna bring to ur attention. is this an isolated problem w/ me? i just updated from AS 1.6.8 BETA1 to AS 1.6.8 beta3, but problem still persists. thanx for the addon.

I'm not seeing it here on my end (my Windows machine is set to update from my beta repo). I pushed 1.6.8 into the repo last night, so there is an update out there, and it sounds like your XBMC is trying to update and then failing. I'd try the following:

1- uninstall Artist Slideshow (don't worry, your settings and artwork will be preserved)
2- do a force refresh of my beta repo
3- reinstall Artist Slideshow

You should have 1 6.8 at that point. If you don't or you keep getting the update message, please enable debug logging and post a link to the log so I can take a look.

I was unable to uninstall the addon, bcuz xbmc didnt allow due to skins relying on it. i manually deleted the addon. installed ur repo w/ version 1.6.8, which did the trick. somehow the beta versions required updating, but it didn't go thru ergo the constants updates. THANKS for your help. it's a great addon!
Hey!

I'm on gotham 13.2 beta 3, trying to get this addon to work with local images. It works fine with remote images, but they are sometimes messed up (different artists with the same name get mixed up), that's why I want to use my locally stored extrafanart. I have all my images in folders as /media/Music/foo/extrafanart.
No matter what skin I am using, the extrafanart doesn't get displayed when selecting a Slideshow as background. Looking at the log-file, I get the error message

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting foo/extrafanart

But both the directory and the images are there. Did I mess up any settings or is this a bug? As said, the message is always the same on different skins supporting artist slideshows.

Thanks in advance.
(2014-08-07, 10:22)pwriesnik Wrote: Hey!

I'm on gotham 13.2 beta 3, trying to get this addon to work with local images. It works fine with remote images, but they are sometimes messed up (different artists with the same name get mixed up), that's why I want to use my locally stored extrafanart. I have all my images in folders as /media/Music/foo/extrafanart.
No matter what skin I am using, the extrafanart doesn't get displayed when selecting a Slideshow as background. Looking at the log-file, I get the error message

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting foo/extrafanart

But both the directory and the images are there. Did I mess up any settings or is this a bug? As said, the message is always the same on different skins supporting artist slideshows.

Thanks in advance.

Fixed, had set the wrong path in the addon-settings! Works like charm with local images only.
Hello, I have a problem with this add-on. When I choose "English" for "Preferred language for Artist Information", I have ONLY english information. So, for a french artist who doesn't have any english bio, I have no information. And when I choose "french", I have only informations when a french bio exists.
What I would like to have is a french bio when possible I am french), and the english one when it exists ans the french doesn't.
Is it possible ? I have Gotham installed whith confluence skin and Artist Slideshow 1.6.5.
I am nearly sure it was OK with xbmc 12
(2014-08-08, 22:58)jo26 Wrote: Hello, I have a problem with this add-on. When I choose "English" for "Preferred language for Artist Information", I have ONLY english information. So, for a french artist who doesn't have any english bio, I have no information. And when I choose "french", I have only informations when a french bio exists.
What I would like to have is a french bio when possible I am french), and the english one when it exists ans the french doesn't.
Is it possible ? I have Gotham installed whith confluence skin and Artist Slideshow 1.6.5.
I am nearly sure it was OK with xbmc 12

AS definitely doesn't do language fallback, and I don't think I've changed that code in any substantial way recently. I do see a way to use English as the fallback. I just need to think about whether to make that the default behavior or an option in the settings. If anyone else has thoughts about this, I'd be happy o hear them.
Hello pkscout,

thanx for the v.1.6.8 this is a very good Version from "Artist Slideshow" with Bio for my Language. : Nod: : Blush:
Hello pkscout,
Today...i am become no Bio for my language...i don't understand this. :Huh:
Quote:options to download artist bio and other additional information from the audiodb.com with fallback to last.fm (skin must support display of this information)

Hello pkscout,

sorry... my english is not so good...have you a Version with another Way for my Language? :Huh:

options to download artist bio and other additional information from last.fm with fallback to the audiodb.com (skin must support display of this information)
NEW BETA AVAILABLE

v.1.6.9~beta1
- update to current requests module (requests2 depreciated)
- updated to v3 of fanart.tv API

Neither of these updates provides any new functionality, but both are needed to make sure AS keeps working as it has. Because the update requires a different Requests module, you MUST install this beta from my beta repo. If you don't you might not trigger the downloaded of the needed Requests module. Once this is shipped, the XBMC repo update process will make sure you get the right version of the Requests module, so those of you not using my beta channel don't need to worry.

I will be releasing another beta to add the option to use a personal fanart.tv API key. Getting a personal API key requires you create a login on their site, and here are the advantages to having a personal API key:

1- more current results (with a personal API key you get results that are 48 hours old versus 7 days without a personal key)
2- if you subscribe as a VIP member, with your personal API key you will get results that are only about 10 minutes old.

I would encourage everyone to consider donating to fanart.tv, theaudiodb.com, or htbackdrops.org. Without the images and information on these sites Artist Slideshow basically wouldn't exist.
Hey, pkscout.

Thanks for all the effort you've put into Artist Slideshow over the years. It's a really valuable feature for XBMC (er, Kodi)!

I was thinking about the "old days" when Artist Slideshow had Last.fm support. Back then, we used to see lots of images in the slideshow of various resolutions and ratios. There was a lot of variety and for nearly every artist, some kind of image was displayed. I realized that, currently, Artist Slideshow seems to only pull HD 16x9 images. For many artists in my collection, this means that no images are displayed during playback.

One way to alleviate this issue would be to add the option to also pull non-HD 16x9 images from htbackdrops.org. I would also love to see the option to pull and display the 1:1 thumbnails from fanart.tv and htbackdrops.org as well. Is this possible?
(2014-08-24, 19:24)KevinSartori Wrote: Hey, pkscout.

Thanks for all the effort you've put into Artist Slideshow over the years. It's a really valuable feature for XBMC (er, Kodi)!

I was thinking about the "old days" when Artist Slideshow had Last.fm support. Back then, we used to see lots of images in the slideshow of various resolutions and ratios. There was a lot of variety and for nearly every artist, some kind of image was displayed. I realized that, currently, Artist Slideshow seems to only pull HD 16x9 images. For many artists in my collection, this means that no images are displayed during playback.

One way to alleviate this issue would be to add the option to also pull non-HD 16x9 images from htbackdrops.org. I would also love to see the option to pull and display the 1:1 thumbnails from fanart.tv and htbackdrops.org as well. Is this possible?

Ask and ye shall receive:

NEW BETA
v.1.6.9~beta2
- added option to download artist thumbnails from htbackdrops and fanart.tv
- added option to use fanart.tv client API key

(please see previous posts for URL to download the beta repo)

This beta adds three new options in the settings.
  1. Ability to download artist thumbs from htbackdrops.org (default FALSE)
  2. Ability to download artist thumbs from fanart.tv (default FALSE)
  3. Option to use fanart.tv client api key (gives you more current results)

A hint about the API key. XBMC doesn't do cut and paste. If you don't want to have to type the client API key in by hand, open the settings and then save them (no changes are necessary). The find the settings.xml file in userdata/addon_data/script.artistslidehow. There is a line with an id of fanarttv_clientapikey. Paste the key into the "value" section and save that file.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5